Passage To America
Day 1 - Civitavecchia (Rome) When you embark on a cruise to Rome with Holland America Line you experience its bustling modernism along with its rich history. You can walk in the footsteps of emperors, have coffee in Renaissance piazzas and see contemporary art all in one afternoon. Your sightseeing time in Rome begins at the nearby port of Civitavecchia, a seaside town with roots that stretch back to the Etruscan era. Take note of the Forte Michelangelo (both Bramante and Michelangelo had a hand in its design), and the lungomare, a lively stretch along the sea with beach clubs, bars and restaurants. Once in the Eternal City you can fill your day with museums, churches, archaeological sites, traditional trattorias, artisan shops and, of course, gelato. The Colosseum and the Vatican Museums are Rome's superstar attractions, but there are plenty of quieter gems to explore. For food lovers there are the markets in Campo de' Fiori or the slightly farther flung Testaccio. The hip neighborhood of Monti, next to the Colosseum, has a vibrant piazza scene and boutique shopping, while the Villa Borghese offers a green oasis with a view towards Saint Peter’s Basilica and the masterpiece-filled Galleria Borghese. Although Rome might not have been built in one day, you'll certainly be able to see its highlights on our Rome cruises along with the top things to do there in 24 hours.
Day 2 - At Sea
Day 3 - Alicante Fresh sea breezes, mountain backdrops and vibrant locals have made this magical city a must-see for both international tourists and residents of Spain alike. It's easy to slip into the local rhythm. Spend your day exploring everything from the Old Town and Santa Bárbara Castle to the trendiest of Spanish stores. Promenade down the marble Explanada de España, an iconic and bustling boulevard dotted with palm trees. Enjoy a proper Spanish lunch that spans several courses and hours, prepared by some of the best chefs in the country. Take advantage of the proximity to the sea to dine on the freshest seafood, or try one of Alicante's many traditional rice dishes. And don’t forget to sample the outstanding regional wines, which are also very tasty souvenirs. Even just a day here will open your eyes to the natural beauty and subtle charms that make proud and elegant Alicante a gem of the Costa Blanca.
Day 4 - Malaga Málaga is your chance to tour to the Moorish wonders of the Alhambra with its elaborate carvings, grand columns and delicate arches. Stalagmites and stalactites reach calcite fingers into the caverns of Nerja, near Malaga. 30,000 years ago, people lived in the shadowy recesses of these caves. In nearby Mijas, shop tables are laden with hand-made ceramics, and the people live in shuttered, whitewashed cottages.
Day 5 - Cadiz (Seville) Hanging off the southwestern edge of Spain, Cádiz is one of Andalucía’s regional capitals and a place bursting with personality. Europe’s oldest continually inhabited city, with a history stretching back 3,000 years, has fallen on hard times in recent years, but a combination of pride, good humor and stoicism keeps it on an even keel. The famous Carnival, one of Spain’s most important in the genre, is a thrilling fiesta into which Cádiz pours all its energy and ingenuity. The city’s fond nickname, la tacita de plata ("little silver cup"), alludes to its curious geography—it juts out on a long peninsula into a sheltered bay. Old town Cádiz is a warren of cobbled streets where the houses, painted white or dusty ochre, have the weather-beaten look of a place subjected to centuries of wind and salt. This ancient city has one good example of everything that matters: a great food market, a theater (the Teatro Falla, a grand Art Nouveau Moorish gem), a gorgeous cathedral, impressive fortifications and a beach—the picturesque and famous La Caleta.
Day 6 - At Sea
Day 7 - Funchal, Madeira Glide down a mountainside in a giant wicker sleigh; sip a glass of Madeira wine; browse the shops for lace and colorful flowers. Funchal is anything but ordinary.
Day 8 - At Sea
Day 9 - At Sea
Day 10 - At Sea
Day 11 - At Sea
Day 12 - At Sea
Day 13 - At Sea
Day 14 - At Sea
Day 15 - Fort Lauderdale There is an abundance of things to see and do in the Ft. Lauderdale area: visit the newly redesigned Ft. Lauderdale Beach and cafes, stroll the historic Riverwalk, shop the luxurious stores on Las Olas Boulevard or adventure to the Everglades for an intriguing air boat excursion.
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 October 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..