Learn to Dive(Multi Share,Start Cairns, End Cairns)
From 10/05/2021 to 18/04/2022
You'll spend the first two nights in a hostel in Cairns, learning the basics of scuba diving, then it's on to the live-aboard boat for two nights for some actual reef diving.
On the dive boat, healthy and scrumptious fare is provided but in Cairns you're on your own.
But fear not, excellent seafood restaurants abound in the sunshine state's backpacker hub.
An expert Dive Instructor to teach you the essentials.
A Captain and Crew while you're out on the water.
This is your team.
Trusted Contiki partners who are specialised, smart, friendly, fun, and integral to your adventure.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Cairns Are you ready to take on a fun filled few days learning to dive? Can we get a heck yeah? The first 2 days of the course are spent at Pro Dive Cairns training centre learning the theory & practical skills of scuba diving from our pro's. After that, you're nearly ready to go.
Day 2 - Cairns We know, we know...you want to get out there, but good things take time. It's back to the books today as we continue learning the A to Z of diving, with your day spent at Pro Dive Cairns training centre learning the theory & practical skills you'll need on the reef. Excitement will be at an all time high as we get ready for the next few days and what's in store for you on this mind-blowing reef.
Day 3 - Cairns to Dive Boat It's GO TIME! You'll have the opportunity to participate in up to 9 dives at a variety of our 16 exclusive dive sites on the outer Great Barrier Reef. Your first 4 dives will complete your open water certification & then as a certified diver you are able to take up to 5 more recreational dives, one of which is a guided night dive. Boom. So, what can we tell you about this spectacular reef? Here goes - more than 1,500 species of fish, 411 types of hard coral, one-third of the world's soft corals and 134 species of sharks and rays call this clear blue water home. Add over 30 species of marine mammals to the mix, and that's your mind blown.
Day 4 - Dive Boat With another day on our boat, why not take this incredible opportunity to continue diving for your chance to spot yet more colourful marine life. We're talking giant turtles, stingrays, huge clams and some of the best coral in the world. And with the deck of the boat providing you with the perfect spot for some sunbaking, book reading and bliss, you might just call this total paradise.
Day 5 - Dive Boat to Cairns We'll return to Cairns late this afternoon where there's the option to join your new mates & crew for a farewell dinner. There's nothing like a spot of bonding over a #NOREGRETS experience to make for strong friendships. So where's next on the agenda?
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 May 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans