Picture Perfect Italy - 2022
From 23/08/2022 to 07/10/2022
: Our Well-Being Directors take a proactive approach to your welfare ensuring all well-being regulations are met (available on tours with 21 or more guests).
: Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with onboard washroom.
Alternate vehicles without onboard washroom or 40 seats may be used on occasion.
Our customized luxury coaches are sanitized before the start of your tour and are maintained to very high standards.
Physical distancing measures have been implemented on our customized luxury coaches.
: Experience enhanced hygiene protocols to align with the latest guidance following COVID-19.
All Travel Directors, Well-Being Directors and Drivers have completed training in enhanced well-being and hygiene protocols.
: We only work with establishments we are confident will consistently adhere to our high well-being standards, which include hotels, restaurants and sight-seeing venues.
: Hand sanitizer is freely available on board for you to use throughout the day.
: "Venice is so unique that anyone seeing it for the first time is never fully prepared for the magic, from seeing their first gondola to the facade of St.
": "One thing I really love about showing guests about Italy is how art and beauty can be found around every corner of some of Italy's cities, which are real open air museums.
": "One food I really love introducing my guests to is tramezzini sandwiches because they are a real art form in Venice.
For the locals it is a quick inexpensive bite to get them through the day.
best eaten standing up at the bar!"Venice: A Local Expert introduces you to this fabled city.
Como: Visit Villa Carlotta in Lake ComoCinque Terre: Led by your Local Expert, visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site, travelling by train and boat and dedicated time to explore one of the five charming fishing villages.
Florence: Visit the Uffizi Gallery, one of the oldest and most famous art museums in Europe.
Admire works by Michelangelo, Botticelli and Raphael amongst other masterpieces.
Orvieto: Admire the richly decorated façade of the cathedral in Piazza del Duomo.
Capri: Cruise to the Isle of Capri.
Rome: See the mighty Colosseum and Roman Forum as well as other medieval buildings, Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches, scattered through the city.
Isola Bella: Visit Isola Bella renowned for its incredible palace and stunning Botanical Gardens.
San Gimignano: Enjoy a cooking lesson in Tuscany.
Dining Summary: 17 Breakfast (B), 7 Dinner with Wine (DW), and 1 Lunch with Wine (LW).
Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
From time to time, your Travel Director will delight you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
Itinerary / more information
Day Day 2 - Venice and the Magic of La Serenissima A Local Expert introduces you to this fabled city. Standing in the iconic Piazza San Marco, admire the grand Basilica and Doge’s Palace. See the Grand Canal and learn about the history and culture of “La Serenissima”. The rest of the day is free for independent exploration. Perhaps experience a romantic gondola ride or get a bird’s eye view of Venice from one of the bell towers.
Day Day 9 - Cinque Terre Explore the fishing villages that hug the cliff-face with your Local Expert, making great memories and even better photographs in this idyllic spot. Enjoy some free time to soak up the atmosphere before returning to your hotel.
Day Day 12 - Florence Excursion Join your Local Expert In Florence and enjoy an animated commentary on the walk from the burial place of Michelangelo at the Basilica of Santa Croce, to the Uffizi Gallery. Later, admire Signoria Square adorned with statues and fountains, before free time for lunch and a visit to the Pitti Palace. Enjoy a moment and relax here, on the exquisite Boboli Garden terrace.
Day Day 15 - Excursion to the Isle of Capri There is magnificent scenery at every turn as you travel along the Amalfi Coast to board your ferry to Capri – the Isle of Dreams. Arriving at the Marina Grande, ascend to Capri Town by funicular railway. Enjoy time to browse in the elegant shops before taking the spectacular Corniche road to Anacapri, with its magnificent views over the Mediterranean. There is free time to explore before returning to the mainland.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 October 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 18 October 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans