ROCKS & RHYTHM: PORTUGAL BY DESIGN
From 26/09/2021 to 17/10/2021
Breakfasts Included: 7.
Lunches Included: 1.
Dinners Included: 3.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - ARRIVE IN LISBON Welcome to Lisbon! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and travelling companions for a welcome dinner at a local restaurant. (D)
Day 2 - LISBON-SANTAREM-TOMAR LISBON Guided sightseeing includes a photo stop at Belem Tower and the Monument to the Discoveries. SANTAREM Orientation includes the Church of the Holy Miracles. (B)
Day 3 - TOMAR TOMAR Guided sightseeing includes the Convent of Christ.
YourChoice Excursions include one of the following activities of your choice:
STROLL: Wax Poetic in Portugal
Take a short drive from Tomar to the “poem village” of Constância. Take a stroll to visit the Parish Church, and the Camões vegetable garden. Explore the River and the Maritime Arts Museum, then board a boat to see one of Portugal’s jewels of military architecture—the castle of Almourol, standing tall on a small island in the middle of the river Tagus. Learn about the symbolism of Templars as you promenade your way through the castle grounds.
TASTE: Tapas This!
Walk through the charming city of Tomar and be amazed by the monumental, artistic and religious buildings. Hear the secrets held by these remarkable sites, including the castle of the legendary Knights Templar. Along the way stop at three local taverns in the historical part of the city to taste local specialties.
Day 4 - TOMAR- DORNES- COIMBRA DORNES Orientation walk of the village and free time. COIMBRA Visit the University. Dinner with regional specialties at a local restaurant. (B,D)
Day 5 - COIMBRA COIMBRA YourChoice Excursions include one of the following activities of your choice:
SIP: Bubbly Below Bairrada
Discover the Bairrada region in the ancient province of Beira Litoral. Stretching along Portugal’s central coastline, it is blessed with an Atlantic climate of mild and rainy winters and summer sea winds that create the perfect place for prized Portuguese wines. Discover two wine producers continuing their tradition of more than 90 years of wine-making as you visit their wine cellars to tempt your taste buds with their award-winning sparkling wine.
CLAP: Fancy Some Fado?
Discover Coimbra through the ancient and winding streets of its medieval centre, Savour the unique heritage of the city’s confectionery culture in a region filled with monasteries and convents that created some of Portugal’s most signature specialty sweets. Your walking tour arrives at a local home to enjoy the soul of Portuguese music deep in the heart of the city. Try to resist being moved by the rhythmic and soulful strains of the Fado de Coimbra!
Day 6 - COIMBRA COIMBRA YourChoice Excursions include one of the following activities of your choice:
FLOAT: Art Nouveau in Aveiro
Take a canal cruise on the Ria de Aveiro to explore the four waterways of the city known as the “Portuguese Venice.” Float along the main source of Aveiro’s wealth and heritage, and discover the city’s heart and soul while crossing its serene water roads. Passing by the City centre, you’ll discover the colorful buildings that reflect the delightful Art Nouveau movement in this city where the past and present blend to reveal a remarkable landscape! A light lunch at a local restaurant is the perfect ending to this artful adventure.
PEDAL: Rolling on the River
This leisurely bike ride through Coimbra includes a visit to Mata do Choupal, Parque Verde, and Fluvial Beach in Rebolim. You’ll ride by two iconic bridges in Coimbra and discover breathtaking views of the Mondego River. Enjoy a traditional Portuguese lunch in a restaurant along your route.
TASTE: The Sweet Side of Portugal
Satisfy your sweet tooth in a tiny town halfway between Lisbon and Porto and indulge in Pastéis de Tentúgal. These irresistible thin, flaky pastries filled with rich egg custard and dusted with powdered sugar were created by the resident Carmelite nuns in the 16th century! Hear the history of Tentúgal as you learn how its favourite confection is made, while enjoying a perfectly paired glass of wine or cup of tea.
Day 7 - COIMBRA- MAFRA-LISBON MAFRA Orientation walk includes the Monastery. LISBON Farewell dinner at a local restaurant. (B,D)
Day 8 - LISBON Your holiday ends with breakfast in the morning. (B)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 20 May 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans