Tokyo with Mt. Fuji
From 04/01/2022 to 03/01/2023
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and separate Driver.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Konnichiwa Tokyo Combine Japan's larger-than-life capital with the snow-capped icon that looms on the horizon. On arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda International Airport, you'll transfer by airport shuttle service to your centrally located hotel. Enjoy the rest of the day and evening at leisure.
Day 2 - Explore Tokyo Launch your City Tour this morning with an orientation drive that will take you past the National Diet (Japanese Parliament) and Tokyo Tower, once the tallest building in Tokyo. Stop at the Imperial Palace Plaza, from where you can view the two bridges that form the entrance to the inner grounds of the Imperial Palace, the primary residence of the Emperor of Japan. Continue to Tokyo's Gateway to the North, the Ueno district, and visit Ameyoko Street Market, once a black market selling American goods after World War II. Watch how this thriving hub is frequented by locals seeking the best bargains, then visit the Sens?-ji Buddhist temple in Asakusa, which has been rebuilt countless times since it was founded in 628, making it Tokyo's oldest temple site. Pass through the vermilion-lacquered Kaminarimon Gate and stroll down Nakamise shopping street soaking up the shitamachi (downtown Tokyo) atmosphere. Next, make a stop in Ginza and enjoy some free time for shopping. The rest of the afternoon is at leisure.
Day 3 - Majestic Mt. Fuji After breakfast, depart Tokyo for the Five Lakes District, dominated by Japan's UNESCO-listed Mt. Fuji. At 3,776 metres it is Japan's highest mountain and most recognisable icon towering over the surrounding landscape. Ascend by road to the 5th Station, a spectacular vantage point at 2,300 metres, before taking a ride on the Kachikachiyama Ropeway (both weather permitting) for views of Mt. Fuji and Lake Kawaguchi. On a still clear day it's possible to see a perfect mirror image of Mt. Fuji reflected in the lake. Later, return to your hotel for a relaxing evening.
Day 4 - Farewell Tokyo Your brief encounter with Tokyo and the splendour of Mt. Fuji at its end, take a transfer by airport shuttle service to Tokyo Narita or Haneda International Airport for your onward flight. Sightseeing Highlights EXPLORE Tokyo VISIT the Sensoji Temple, the Imperial Palace Plaza and Ginza VIEW Mt. Fuji SEE the Tokyo Tower DIVE INTO CULTURE Visit Ameyoko Street Market, once a black market selling American goods after World War II. (Day 2)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 October 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans