Tokyo with Mt. Fuji
From 09/01/2022 to 03/01/2023
EXPLORE TokyoVISIT the Sensoji Temple, the Imperial Palace Plaza and GinzaVIEW Mt.
FujiSEE the Tokyo TowerDIVE INTO CULTURE Visit Ameyoko Street Market, once a black market selling American goods after World War II.
3 breakfastsAudio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trustedOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and restaurant gratuitiesMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and separate DriverAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesAirport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holidayHandcrafted Highlights.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Combine Japan's larger-than-life capital with the snow-capped icon that looms on the horizon. On arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda International Airport, you'll transfer by airport shuttle service to your centrally located hotel. Enjoy the rest of the day and evening at leisure.
Day 2 - Launch your City Tour this morning with an orientation drive that will take you past the National Diet (Japanese Parliament) and Tokyo Tower, once the tallest building in Tokyo. Stop at the Imperial Palace Plaza, from where you can view the two bridges that form the entrance to the inner grounds of the Imperial Palace, the primary residence of the Emperor of Japan. Continue to Tokyo's Gateway to the North, the Ueno district, and visit Ameyoko Street Market, once a black market selling American goods after World War II. Watch how this thriving hub is frequented by locals seeking the best bargains, then visit the Sens?-ji Buddhist temple in Asakusa, which has been rebuilt countless times since it was founded in 628, making it Tokyo's oldest temple site. Pass through the vermilion-lacquered Kaminarimon Gate and stroll down Nakamise shopping street soaking up the shitamachi (downtown Tokyo) atmosphere. Next, make a stop in Ginza and enjoy some free time for shopping. The rest of the afternoon is at leisure.
Day 3 - After breakfast, depart Tokyo for the Five Lakes District, dominated by Japan's UNESCO-listed Mt. Fuji. At 3,776 metres it is Japan's highest mountain and most recognisable icon towering over the surrounding landscape. Ascend by road to the 5th Station, a spectacular vantage point at 2,300 metres, before taking a ride on the Kachikachiyama Ropeway (both weather permitting) for views of Mt. Fuji and Lake Kawaguchi. On a still clear day it's possible to see a perfect mirror image of Mt. Fuji reflected in the lake. Later, return to your hotel for a relaxing evening.
Day 4 - Your brief encounter with Tokyo and the splendour of Mt. Fuji at its end, take a transfer by airport shuttle service to Tokyo Narita or Haneda International Airport for your onward flight.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 October 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 18 October 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans