Wonders of Kenya
From 23/01/2022 to 26/12/2022
7 lunches (including Be My Guest).
First class travel Highlights.
Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals.
Air conditioned coach, mini coach or safari vehicle transportation.
Cherry-picked hotels and lodges all tried and trusted.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver, or Driver Guide.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Jambo (Hello) Nairobi Karibu! Your Kenyan safari adventure begins in the capital, Nairobi, where you will be met at the airport by a Trafalgar Representative and transferred to your hotel. Spend the evening with your fellow explorers and your Driver Guide enjoying a delicious Welcome Reception at the world-famous Carnivore restaurant. The full duration of this itinerary is operated by a 4 X 4 safari vehicle, including all road travel and safari game drives. The trip will travel over a variety of terrains, resulting in some rough and bumpy journeys.
Day 2 - Journey to Aberdare National Park Leave the hustle and bustle of Nairobi behind and embark on a 4 x 4 journey north to Aberdare National Park. En route you'll 'Connect With Locals ' during a 'Be My Guest' experience in the highlands of central Kenya. Join Elizabeth, a local farmer, for a delicious treat of freshly baked scones and coffee, made from the beans from her on site coffee plantation. You'll have an opportunity to visit the plantation and Elizabeth's extensive farm gardens before settling in for a hearty local lunch. Tonight you'll stay in The Ark Lodge, one of Trafalgar's 'Stays With Stories', offering spectacular opportunities to view the resident birdlife and wildlife.
Day 3 - On to Samburu National Reserve We'll leave the lush greenery of the Kenya highlands region behind as we journey to the contrasting arid landscapes of Samburu National Reserve. As you continue your safari adventure here, you'll hopefully have the chance to tick the 'Samburu Special 5' off your list as you track such species as the Grevy's Zebra and the Reticulated Giraffe found only in the northern Kenya region. Your accommodation tonight is a luxury tented camp on the banks of the Ewaso Nyiro River.
Day 4 - Safari in Samburu National Reserve Made famous in the award-winning book and movie Born Free, Samburu National Reserve was the home of Elsa, the famous lioness raised by conservationists George and Joy Adamson. Rise early with the birds and embark on a morning game drive through acacia forest and expansive grasslands in search of wildlife. Relax at your camp on your return then head out back out into the savannah on a late afternoon game drive.
Day 5 - Off to Ol Pejeta Conservancy The plight of Africa's rhinos takes centre stage today during a poignant visit to Ol Pejeta Conservancy, a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Experience. This morning you'll learn about their efforts to fight poaching in East Africa's largest black rhino sanctuary and enjoy a quick photo stop at the point where the equator slices through the conservancy. Next up is a visit to Sweetwaters Sanctuary to meet the cheeky resident orphaned or rescued chimpanzees. Then continue to your accommodation tonight, keeping a keen eye out this evening for thirsty wildlife that come to the floodlit on site waterhole to drink after a dry day in the African wilderness.
Day 6 - Onwards to Lake Nakuru National Park Have your camera ready for a photo stop at the spectacular Thomson's Falls. Visit the bird watcher's paradise that is Lake Nakuru National Park, then join your Driver Guide for an afternoon game drive to spot pink flamingos lining the lakeshore and to search for lion and leopard.
Day 7 - Continue to the Maasai Mara National Reserve Your journey continues to the world-renowned Maasai Mara National Reserve, your home for the next two nights. During your time here, spend some time at your lodge's watering hole where large pods of hippo can often be seen.
Day 8 - A Day to Discover the Maasai Mara Don your hat and polish those binoculars for a full day of safari in Maasai Mara's wilderness. When you're not traversing the savannah in search of the Big 5, you'll 'Dive Into Culture' and join a Maasai community in their local village. Watch the colourfully clad warriors demonstrate their jumping prowess, then tour the village to gain in-depth insights into their daily life. Later, indulge in a bush picnic - the sounds of the bush the perfect accompaniment while you keep your eyes peeled for the flash of resident Bee-eaters, Rollers and Hoopoes flitting from tree to tree.
Day 9 - Admire the Maasai Mara and Return to Nairobi Your Kenyan safari adventure at its end, you'll return to Nairobi, where a day room has been reserved at the Four Points by Sheraton Hotel for you to use prior to your evening flight home. Sightseeing Highlights VISIT Aberdare National Park, Samburu National Reserve, Ol Pejeta Conservancy, Lake Nakuru National Park, Maasai Mara National Game Reserve VIEW Thomson's Falls in Nyahururu Connect With Locals Savour the rich aroma of coffee during an exclusive Be My Guest experience with local farmers at a Kenyan coffee plantation. (Day 2) Dive Into Culture Visit a Maasai village for an in-depth perspective into the daily life of this colourful tribe. (Day 8) Stays With Stories Resembling Noah's Ark, the Ark Lodge in Aberdare National Park has four viewing areas for observing the wildlife which congregate around a floodlit waterhole and salt lick. (Day 2)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 October 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans