Highlights of Kenya
From 22/01/2022 to 26/12/2022
Amboseli National Park Full day game drive within the National ParkLake Elementaita Visit this bird watchers paradise that's part of the UNESCO World Heritage listed Kenya Lake SystemMaasai Mara Full day game drive and afternoon game drive within the National Reserve.
7 Breakfasts6 Lunches7 DinnersAudio Headsets Provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiencesLuxury air-conditioned coachCherry-picked hotels, all tried and trustedVariety of Optional ExperiencesAn expert Travel Director and separate driverAll hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxesAirport transfers are provided on the first and last travel day.
Please refer to the price panel.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Receive a warm karibu (welcome) to Kenya, as you touch down at Nairobi's Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. You'll immediately feel the adventure of Africa when we pick you up at the airport in our 4x4 adventure-ready vehicles. We'll make sure you're settled at your hotel, then the rest of today is all about going pole-pole (slow). Sleep off the jet lag and ease into holiday mode before meeting up with your Costsaver Driver Guide and fellow travellers for a briefing and traditional (and tasty) dinner.
Day 2 - Today is all about taking in the delights of Nairobi your way, with three optional experiences to enjoy during the day. Wildlife lovers will want to visit the Sheldrick Wildlife Trust Elephant Orphanage to learn of their renowned conservation efforts and to see the orphaned elephant's playful morning routine. While culture vultures will want to join the Nairobi City Tour to see must-visit sights including City Market, Parliament Buildings and the National Museum and Snake Park. Enjoy the best of both worlds with a visit to the historic Karen Blixen Museum before enjoying a close encounter with wildlife at the Giraffe Centre. In the evening, you can opt to join an unforgettable trip to Africa's "greatest eating experience" at Carnivore Restaurant. With a unique feast including delicacies such as crocodile and ostrich, it's the perfect way to top off your day in Nairobi.
Day 3 - Swapping concrete jungles for iconic views of mighty Mount Kilimanjaro and the home of the legendary Maasai, today you'll travel to Amboseli National Park. Settle in to your deluxe tented accommodation nestled among Amboseli's vast plains, before heading out on a safari adventure later this afternoon. Surrounded by scenes that feel like a real-life film set, the fantasy of coming to Africa will really set in and it will be all eyes peeled during your first encounters with Kenya's epic wildlife.
Day 4 - In Africa, the early bird gets the best wildlife sightings. Rise before the sun to head out on a morning safari through Amboseli National Park with your Driver Guide in search of leopards, cheetahs and lions. As the sun rises, you'll get to sit back and enjoy the ride whilst watching large herds of African elephants roaming through the park's "salty dust" and high grasses. Enjoy a quick picnic lunch with the snow-capped peaks of Mount Kilimanjaro in the background, in order to make the most of the afternoon safari. Ride back to your lodge as the sun goes down for a delicious dinner and an evening swapping stories of all the animals you spotted.
Day 5 - Another day, another blockbuster. The utterly serene UNESCO listed Lake Elementaita is guaranteed to capture your imagination today, not least because of the multitude of bird species that inhabit this area-some of which can only be found here. See if you can spot the lake's Great White pelicans, greater and lesser flamingos, Yellow-Billed stork, or African spoonbill. If you're a self-proclaimed twitcher or bird enthusiast, welcome to utopia.
Day 6 - Early riser? We've got just the Optional Experience for you, with the chance to join a naturalist led bird walk to learn more about the featured friends of this region. Prefer a lazy morning? That's OK too. Why not start the day your way, with a lazy breakfast and a cup of steaming coffee whilst admiring the view. Once back together, we'll wave goodbye to Lake Elementaita and cast our eyes to the vast expanse of the Maasai Mara National Reserve.
Day 7 - The Massai Mara - just saying the name sends shivers down our spines, and today it's all yours to explore. Accompanied by your Driver Guide, your mission today (should you choose to accept it), is to spot the Big 5. Keeping energy levels high, you'll tuck in to a picnic lunch whilst out in the wild, before continuing the safari adventure into the afternoon. If you're visiting between June to October, you may even get a chance to witness the Great Migration, where vast herds of wildebeest make their annual journey across the plains. Keen to learn more about the culture and people of this ancient land? Our afternoon Optional Experience will give you the chance to visit a Maasai Village, to learn about local life and traditional customs.
Day 8 - The words of 'Out of Africa' author Karen Blixen will feel especially poignant as you say a final farewell to the Maasai Mara this morning. "If there were one more thing I could do, it would be to go on safari again". Well, never say never, we say! Returning to Nairobi in a haze of wildlife and happy memories, you'll have a quiet afternoon at your hotel ahead of your evening flight. If you already can tell you'll want another day to explore cosmopolitan Nairobi and grab some final gifts, consider staying overnight and flying out the following evening.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 25 October 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 20 October 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans