From 10/07/2022 to 27/10/2022
Itinerary / more information
Day Day 1 - Arrive Beijing Today we join up in the capital city of Beijing and begin rolling in the excitement of having 12-days of Chinese explorations lie ahead of us. Get cozy in our fancy hotel and perhaps do some DIY exploring before we get to know each other - no time like the present to begin getting cultured.
Day Day 2 - Beijing With another day filled with historical delights and jaw-dropping sites still here in the heart of Beijing, we will start to understand just how much this vast country has to brag about. A trip to the Great Wall, Ming Tombs & a Cloisonné Factory will fill our day, while local delicacies will colour our night.
Day Day 3 - Beijing This captivating city will start revealing its depths today as ancient monuments are presented to us up close and personal. We will roam the world’s largest city square, visit the resting place of the founding father of the People's Republic of China, & tour the Forbidden City. The thriving Chinese artistic community of 798 Art Precinct will contrast the historical masterpieces with its modern galleries and trendy vibe.
Day Day 4 - Beijing to Xi'an Though we won't be spending another night in the capital, we've still got a few things to tick off our Bejing to-do list, not to mention some free time to do your own last bits of exploring. Roam the 1,700 stalls of the Silk Market (which offers way more than just silks), check out the Summer Palace, venture to the Temple of Heaven or just hang out at one of Beijing's many museums with a rickshaw ride in-between to really do it local. Tonight we kick on to Xi'an. When in China, ride the overnight train - that's our go local motto. Sleep soundly knowing tomorrow a new city will be ours to uncover.
Day Day 5 - Xi'an With a tasty Tang Dynasty dumpling dinner & show in our sights for this evening, we’ve got an equally incredible day lined up. A visit to the UNESCO World Heritage Listed Terracotta Army & the TangBo Art Museum, anyone? Oh hell yes. Our Local Guide will show us around the site of the Terracotta Army, discovered in 1974 by local farmers. Excavation projects since have unearthed three pits containing over 8,000 soldiers as well as chariots & horses. Our guide will give us an insider’s look at how the site was discovered, its historical significance & the effort that has gone in to restoring the warriors. Back in the city, a Free time add-on dinner awaits. Sixteen dumpling variations are more than our foodie dreams could ever imagine.
Day Day 9 - Yangshuo With all the city time we've had of late, today's the perfect chance to soak up some of mother nature's beauty by roaming the nearby hills. And what better way to do that with a Tai Chi Class in the park? Follow it up with some wandering around Yangshuo.
Day Day 11 - Shanghai Wakey wakey travellers - it's our first full day in Shanghai and it promises to be an epic one. First up we're heading to Chenghuang Miao (City God Temple) where 3 temples, teahouses, shops and restaurants will keep us entertained. Shanghai's Silk Museum and riverside promenade of Bund are also ours to explore before the chance to spend the final night together reminiscing on your trip while overlooking the Shanghai skyline and indulging in a beautifully unique Chinese feast.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 04 July 2022 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 29 June 2022 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans