Nepal Trek Challenge(Twin Share Room,Start Kathmandu, End Kathmandu)
From 31/10/2022 to 15/04/2023
Van transfer from Kathmandu to PokharaVan transfer from Pokhara to PhediViews of Annapurna Range and Machhapuchhre (Fishtail)Trek from Dhampus Village to Australian Camp through oak forests (4 hours)Stop at peaceful Pothana VillageTrek from Australian Camp to SarangkotViews of spectacular mountain scenery including Mt.
Dhaulagri, Annapurna, Machhapuchre, Nilgiri & Lamjung HimaTrek from Sarangkot to Pokhara through terraced farms and villages.
You'll stay in hillside lodges typical of the environment with all the facilities you require to be an adventurer but one who can still enjoy some comfort.
Rooms are all twin-share, with communal facilities.
We know you need your fuel, so breafast, lunch and dinner is included for every day of your trek.
You'll get a total of 6 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 3 dinners, all included.
You'll be safe in the hands of your experienced Local Guides, whose knowledge of Nepal will keep you enthralled throughout the duration of your trip.
You'll also have porters - 1 for every 2 people, to carry your luggage from place to place.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Our adventure begins today as we meet amongst the charming chaos of Kathmandu. We'll bond with our new trekking crew as we make the drive up to Pokhara.This beautiful lakeside settlement is framed by the spectacular Himalayas. We'll check into our hotel tonight ready for a day of trekking tomorrow.
Day 2 - After an included breakfast this morning - and we'll need all the fuel we can get -we'll drive our van up to Phedi.We'll start our trek from Phedi, where steep stone staircases snake their way up the rhododendron hillsides. We'll start our steep ascent, reaching lower Dhampus in 1 to 2 hours.Gently climbing up again past the terraced fields and small houses and rhododendrons, we'll reach our lodge, admiring the spectacular Annapurna Range and Machhapuchhre (fishtail) in the distance. After an included dinner we'll turn in for the night.
Day 3 - Sip your tea this morning with your breakfast as you watch the sun illuminate the mountains ahead. A short trek today brings us to our lunch stop, after which we'll climb up through the beautiful oak forests, reaching Pothana. We'll stop here for a brief recharge before we climb the stone staircases up towards the Australian Camp.Enjoy the another magical sunset as it alights the Himalayas this evening.
Day 4 - After breakfast in Australian Camp this morning we'll resume our hike through the dense forests, on a slight descent towards Naudanda (Nine hill). After a stop for lunch we'll continue hike to Sarangkot. The trail here is fairly relaxed, as we ease along a ridge to a dense settlement with lots of mixed indigenous groups.Sarangkot offers spectacular mountain scenery of Mt. Dhaulagri, Annapurna, Machhapuchre, Nilgiri and more. As the night draws in, you can see lights illminating the beautiful Pokhara Valley below. We've seen plenty of spectacular views, but this might just be the best so far.
Day 5 - After breakfast this morning we'll make our way to the legendary viewpoint at Sarangkot. Through terraced farms and villages we'll finally reach the summit, offering spectacular Himalayan panoramas that are simply unforgettable. This is what we came for, and it makes the hard work so worth it.After posing for some photos we'll make the hike back to Pokhara. Upon arrival we'll have a free afternoon to chill by the lake and try the local foodie delights.
Day 6 - After a heavenly sleep and breakfast we'll make our way back to Kathmandu this morning.Our trip finishes back where we started. But those mountains, forests and streams will stick with us forever.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 03 December 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 28 November 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans