London to Berlin by Train
From 03/09/2022 to 11/09/2022
Itinerary / more information
Day Day 2 - London We'll get started early this morning on our London adventures with a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER™ experience - a not-for-profit tour of iconic Covent Garden and London's West End, hosted by the men and women who once lived on the streets of London. They know this grand old capital better than anyone, and will show you the secrets of London's historic hidden alleys not usually seen by tourists. Then you have a free day to explore this city your way - head to Southbank to check out the London Eye, the Thames, views of Big Ben and the famous skyline, browse the stalls at Portobello Road or Camden Stables Market, stroll through Hyde Park or Hampstead Heath, promenade on Primrose Hill, or explore some of the world famous exhibits at the V&A and Natural History Museum. Early this evening you have the option to join an East End food walking tour around Brick Lane, tasting British, European and international street food from pie & mash to Jewish-style filled beigels and the UK's number one favourite dish, curry.
Day Day 3 - London to Paris Say ta-ra to the Thames after your buffet breakfast. It's time to hop on the Eurostar through the channel tunnel to Paris today. An iconic train journey later, and we're in Paris. We'll waste no time getting acquainted with the city's 'ooh la la' worthy sites with a free afternoon to see the icons and maybe check out one of Paris's coolest neighbourhoods, Montmartre or Le Marais, close to our hotel. You can even take an optional E-Scooter tour and whizz between the city's most quintessential sites on two wheels.
Day Day 4 - Paris We'll start the next morning with an optional patisserie walking tour, winding our way around the cutest cafes in Paris while enjoying an array of delicate flaky creations. Afterwards, we'll have all day to explore. Want to see the Mona Lisa in the Louvre? Aching to get a snap of the Arc de Triomphe? The city is yours to uncover. How does a picnic in the shadow of the Eiffel Tower sound? As evening draws in, our hearts will be stolen by the city of love.
Day Day 5 - Paris to Amsterdam Another day, another train journey to an incredible European city... Pulling into Amsterdam, we'll immediately fall in love with the cute gable houses, canals, neo-Gothic architecture and friendly locals. First up, an option to sample cocktails whilst cruising the UNESCO World Heritage Listed canals of Amsterdam. In the evening, we'll head to Foodhallen, with its eclectic bars, live music and art exhibitions and sample some of the best food in Europe.
Day Day 6 - Amsterdam Rise and shine! This morning you'll have the option to get an exclusive morning entry pass to the A'Dam Tower and Swing, skipping the queues to enjoy epic views over the sprawling city below. The rest of the day is all about exploration - from Anne Frank's museum to the Heineken Factory. You'll also have the option to captain your own boat down the canals. Then, the night is yours to explore this vibrant city and experience its legendary nightlife.
Day Day 7 - Amsterdam to Berlin You've been a blast, Amsterdam, but we're making tracks for the next adventure today. Hallo Berlin! This eclectic, richly historical and culturally charming city will blow us away as soon as we arrive. We'll waste no time in checking out the cutting-edge culinary scene. Berlin is considered the vegan capital of Europe... and there is plenty for the carnivores too! Then the evening is yours to explore the city's world-famous nightlife. The buzzing scene here is a joyous tribute to German reunification, and since the fall of the Berlin Wall the city has staked its claim as the techno capital of the world.
Day Day 8 - Berlin This morning we'll get to enjoy an exclusive Contiki Cares experience with a social enterprise called Refugee Voices, learning from young refugees on a fascinating walking tour that draws parallels between the city's turbulent past and the situation in modern Syria. The rest of the day is yours - why not spend the afternoon eating your way through Berlin's hipster Kreuzberg district?
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 22 August 2022 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 17 August 2022 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans