Jewels of Alaska, Classic Group, 2022 Classic Group
From 16/05/2022 to 11/09/2022
: Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxurious, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
Our customized luxury coaches are sanitized before the start of your tour and are maintained to very high standards.
Physical distancing measures have been implemented on our customized luxury coaches.
: Experience enhanced hygiene protocols to align with the latest guidance following COVID-19.
All Travel Directors, Well-Being Directors and Drivers have completed training in enhanced well-being and hygiene protocols.
: Our Well-Being Directors take a proactive approach to your welfare ensuring all well-being regulations are met (available on tours with 21 or more guests).
: Hand sanitizer is freely available on board for you to use throughout the day.
: We only work with establishments we are confident will consistently adhere to our high well-being standards, which include hotels, restaurants and sight-seeing venues.
Anchorage: Begin your vacation in culinary style at MUSE, a bespoke restaurant and atrium café located within the Anchorage Museum.
Anchorage: Join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Dinner.
Denali National Park: For tonight's dinner with wine, the choice is yours between a charming local brewery or your lodge's rustic restaurant during your Dine-Around evening.
Girdwood: In the evening, join your Travel Director for a wonderful Celebration Dinner, complete with wine and good cheer.
Dining Summary: 6 Breakfast (B), 3 Dinner with Wine (DW), and 2 Lunch (L)Anchorage: Get acquainted with Alaska's largest city on an immersive city tour.
Discover how this urban landscape enriched with culture came to be as you explore the historic downtown.
Denali National Park: Meet a local climber at a private reception and hear first-hand about their experience climbing the tallest land-based mountain in the world.
Denali National Park: Meet four-time Iditarod winner, Martin Buser and learn about the challenges of competing in the 1,049-mile (1,688 kilometre) dogsled race while enjoying lunch at his home.
Anchorage: Visit the renowned Alaska Native Heritage Center, enjoy an exclusive presentation on Agutak (Eskimo ice cream) while learning how it's made by Alaska's first people.
: Travel through the fertile Matanuska Valley and stop at a local farm to see how the long summer days and glacial silt create the perfect environment for growing vegetables and flowers.
Talkeetna: Enjoy a jet Boat Tour up the Chulitna River and visit a Trappers Cabin.
Learn about the fascinating lifestyle of hunting and trapping in Interior Alaska.
Alaska Railroad: Enjoy a Relaxed Start this morning before boarding the world-famous Alaska Railroad train for a spectacular journey over swift-rushing streams, toward Denali National Park and Preserve.
View the majestic surroundings from the comfort of your glass-domed railcar.
Whittier (AK): Travel to Whittier to board the 26 Glacier Cruise for a 100-mile (160 kilometre) boat tour of Prince William Sound and into the College Fjord, where you'll get an up-close and personal look at the impressive glaciers.
Whittier (AK): Travel to Whittier to board the 26 Glacier Cruise for a 100-mile boat tour of Prince William Sound and into the College Fjord where you will come up close and personal to the glaciers.
Visit with the Captain in the wheelhouse and enjoy an included lunch.
From time to time, your Travel Director will delight you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency.
We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times.
If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
Itinerary / more information
Day Day 1 - Anchorage, the City of Lights and Flowers Welcome to Alaska, an adventurous land of wildlife, mountains, national parks and glaciers. Upon arrival at Anchorage International Airport, you'll be transferred to your hotel.Join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Dinner.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 26 October 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 21 October 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans