Israel and Jordan Uncovered (From April 2022)(Twin Share Room,Start Amman, End Tel Aviv)
From 24/04/2022 to 15/09/2022
17 meals: 11 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 5 dinners.
A highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life.
An expert driver who knows foreign roads better than Google Maps.
Local Guides who make tourist traps a thing of the past.
This is your team.
Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Arrive Amman Welcome to Jordan! Bronze age ruins, a restored Roman theatre, art galleries & a Royal Automobile Museum, Jordan's capital city is a Middle Eastern metropolis of ancient and modern and the perfect place to begin our Israel & Jordan adventures. We'll linger here for a night and enjoy an included dinner to get to know each other.
Day 2 - Amman to Petra via Jerash We'll enjoy a leisurely breakfast this morning before setting off, bound for a visit and lunch stop at the Treadright-supported Iraq Al-Amir Women's Cooperative Society on our way to the ancient Greco-Roman city of Jerash and Rose City of Petra.Here in Jerash, we'll uncover the Greek & Roman influences on this holy land, as a tour of the city sees us peruse Corinthian columns and ancient ruins.Arriving in Petra, our anticipation will be at an all-time high with the knowledge that tomorrow we'll be visiting the UNESCO World Heritage site that this city is famed for.
Day 3 - Petra Today is dedicated to uncovering the wonders of Petra - the magnificent ancient capital of the Nabatean Kingdom, where the hues of pink make us forget what era we're in. Once we're done taking pictures, we'll be awed a second time as our local guide briefs us on the city's history. Getting up close and personal with Pharaoh's Castle, the Triumphal Arc and the Treasury, we'll see just why this is the greatest attraction in the Middle East. After a full day of exploring, we'll head back to our hotel for an included dinner.
Day 4 - Petra to Wadi Rum All that cultural discovery of the past few days has us craving some chill time, and we'll find it in Wadi Rum. We'll leave Petra and embark on a journey through Jordan's largest and most stunning desert.Silent landscapes, ancient riverbeds and pastel colours will have us glued to the windows as we hop in a 4x4 for the full desert experience. Tonight, we'll be treated to a Special Stay overnight in the desert, complete with luxurious tents and dinner under the stars.
Day 5 - Wadi Rum to Amman via Aqaba Rested and in love with the desert, we're almost ready to leave Jordan. Heading back to Amman today, we have a final night here in Jordan with a special visit to the opulent resort town of Aqaba on the way.Ready for some R&R? Aqaba is all about sweeping beaches, renowned dive spots and indulging in everything this resort town has to offer - with the Red Sea at our toes and the sun on our faces.Sun-kissed and relaxed, we'll return to Amman with an optional dinner out this evening to celebrate our final night in Jordan.
Day 6 - Amman to Jerusalem Rolling over the border to Israel, our first stop will be ancient Jerusalem.Welcome to Israel, where we'll kick off our tour in the City of Gold. In this religious centre of Christianity, Islam & Judaism, we'll begin with an included dinner to get to know each other, before a locally guided tour of this holy city tomorrow.
Day 7 - Jerusalem Today we'll get to know Jerusalem a little better with a full day tour, uncovering secrets and culture that dates back thousands of years. We'll discover the city's holy history and iconic sites, including the Jewish Quarter and the Arab Market, and visit Lions Gate, Dolorosa, and the Church of Holy Sepulchre. Tonight you have the chance to see the city lit up at night, with an optional light show.
Day 8 - Jerusalem For our second day in Jerusalem, you have the option to go beyond the monuments and dig deeper into ancient life, with a free day to explore. Maybe step back in history at the Israel Museum to view the Dead Sea Scrolls and see what the city might have looked like in ancient times with the Second Temple Model. Or take up the chance to visit the ancient fortress of Masada and float in the Dead Sea on our optional day trip, or foodies can opt to explore a new side to the city on a BiteMojo food tour.
Day 9 - Jerusalem to Haifa It's been incredible, but it's time to move on from Jerusalem and discover more of Israel. On our way out of Jerusalem, we'll make a visit to the sobering site of the Yad Vashem Museum and Memorial, also known as The World Holocaust Remembrance Centre.Here in Haifa we'll discover life outside of the cities on a Kibbutz, a collective community way of living, unique to Israel. We'll enjoy a traditional dinner here at the Kibbutz and experience Israeli hospitality.
Day 10 - Haifa to Tel Aviv Waving goodbye to Kibbutz life in Haifa, today we have our sights set for Tel Aviv.Bustling, modern, fresh and exciting, charming cafes rub shoulders with ancient monuments here in Israel's second-largest city, translating to 'Hill of Spring'. After all the ancient history we've absorbed on this trip, you'll have the whole afternoon and evening free to orientate yourself into the urban vibes of Tel Aviv.
Day 11 - Tel Aviv Today we'll meet Doris Hiffawi as part of a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) experience and enjoy famous Anton coffee and sweets as Doris invites us to her home in the Ajami neighborhood of Jaffa. She will share her personal story of a Christian girl growing up in a Jewish, Muslim, and Christian area. Her heartfelt story shows the complexity of the mixed population city, speaks to the Arab Christian identity in Israel, and explores the true meaning of female empowerment in the area.The rest of the day is free for you to explore at your own pace, and in a city inundated with beaches, parks, museums, shopping centres and cafes, we promise you won't get bored. Keep it high energy with a day full of seeing the sights and sinking your teeth into Tel Aviv's eclectic culinary scene, or slow it down with a day spent perusing boutiques with an ice cream in hand. An extra special option group dinner tonight eating in the homes of Tel Aviv locals will be our farewell to this incredible journey we've been on together.
Day 12 - End Tel Aviv It's been one incredible adventure, but all good things must come to an end. After a hearty breakfast, we'll say our goodbyes and swap details. We sense new adventures on the horizon! Amman to Petra via Jerash Visit the Iraq Al-Amir Women's Cooperative Society (MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Experience) Petra Visit of Petra and see main monuments including Pharoah's Castle, The Triumphal Arch, the Ampitheatre and the Treasury Jerusalem We'll take in the wonderful sites of Jerusalem on a visit through the Jewish Quarter, Arab Market, Lions Gate, Dolorosa and the Church of Holy Sepulchre Jerusalem to Haifa Visit Yad Vashem Museum and Memorial Tel Aviv Included Coffee and Sweets with Doris Hiffawi (MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Experience)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 October 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans