Rome to Barcelona by Train with @Morgan.Yates
From 30/07/2022 to 07/08/2022
Our European selection of hotels will be your accommodation of choice for 8 fabulous nights.
Sleep twin share, or upgrade to a single room if you prefer to sleep alone.
Prep your taste buds for a culinary sensation.
Delicious Italian, French and Spanish cuisine will be on offer, with included breakfast every day of the week.
A highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life.
An expert driver who knows foreign roads better than Google Maps.
Local Guides who make tourist traps a thing of the past.
This is your team.
Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Arrive Rome Welcome to Rome, where historical ruins, renaissance masterpieces, vibrant street life and a romantic perception of life all collide. After meeting our new friends at our hotel, we'll head out for a sightseeing tour, checking our iconic sites such as the Trevi Fountain (flick a coin and get a pic), the Spanish Steps, Piazza Navora and more. Then, stomachs rumbling after smelling all the fresh Italian food wafting out of restaurants and cafes, we'll bond over a 3-course Roman dinner. Delizioso!
Day 2 - Rome to La Spezia After breakfast this morning we'll have a chance to explore more of Rome's ornate piazzas and gorgeous fountains (it's easy to see why this was once the capital of the world). Then, it's time to board a train to La Spezia.Welcome to the Italian Riviera! This evening is your chance to learn how to make pesto in its spiritual home, guided by local chefs who know this recipe better than anyone. Once you're proud of your creation, they'll toss your handmade pesto together with fresh pasta and serve you a meal in their historic restaurant. It's only been 2 days and you've already fallen head over heels for Italy.
Day 3 - La Spezia Today we're headed to Cinque Terre, the glittering star of postcards and insta feeds all over the world. Is there a coastline on earth more enchanting than this? Pastel-hued villages, dramatic terraced cliffs, lush gardens, medieval monuments & pristine waters make for an unmissable experience. We make exploring the '5 lands' even easier, with an unlimited train-and-hike travel card included in the price of your trip, so whether you choose to hike, train, boat or eat your way through Cinque Terre, you'll fall in love with this sun-drenched coast, and so will your Instagram feed.
Day 4 - La Spezia to Nice Arrivederci Italy and a big Bonjour to France! We're headed from the Italian Riviera to the French Riviera, and the ridiculously scenic coastal train ride alone makes the journey worth it.We'll enjoy two nights in this playground of the rich and famous. Year round sunshine, beautiful beaches, boulevards and a buzzing street life makes Nice a stand-out in the French Riviera.
Day 5 - Nice Wake up, you're in the French Riviera. Nice! This morning you'll have free time to soak up some rays on one of those iconic blue chairs along the glorious waterfront. Glamorous and culturally fascinating, as you walk along the harbour and soak up the designer bars and couture shops you'll have the swagger of an A-list celeb. To keep the glamour vibes going, why not opt to head to Monte Carlo casino in Monaco tonight, where you can roll the dice and live the life of the rich and famous?
Day 6 - Nice to Marseille Just a short train ride this morning, as we head to the edgy riviera town of Marseille along the gorgeous Mediterranean coast.Edgy, stylish and beautiful, Marseille is French culture all over. With white sandy beaches, woozy little backstreets and grand promenades, this multicultural place is predominantly made up of students, giving it an energy not usually found in coastal cities. Breathe in the sites of this charming place before heading out for some dinner, before watching the world go by with a glass of wine.
Day 7 - Marseille to Barcelona See ya France, we're headed to another intoxicating country this morning after breakfast.New day, new country, and as we travel south past the snow-capped Pyrenees we'll fall in love with the scenery before reaching one of the world's most uniquely beautiful cities: Barcelona. A seaside metropolis that's heaving with culture, passion and energy, we'll waste no time getting to grips with Spain's stunning second city. On arrival we'll take in the baroque sites such as Gaudi's stunning Sagrada Familia - the unfinished masterpiece still under construction - Las Ramblas and more. This evening, why not discover why the Spanish are so famous for their fiestas by checking out the local nightlife?
Day 8 - Barcelona They say this city sizzles and we couldn't agree more. Today is all yours to explore! For a taste of what you can do, here's just a start of the never-ending list: channel Gaudi at Sagrada Familia, his greatest masterpiece, started in 1882. This labour of love is still not compete, but is still a worthy memory and insta upload. Parc Guell could be next on the list - or maybe take to the backstreets for some endless tapas and paella, washed down with sangria. Fancy cooling down? Head to the golden sands of Barcelona's beach, the cherry on top this incredible city. As a last hoorah, head to our optional flamenco show, where you'll experience this passionate dance up close, before feasting on some local tapas.
Day 9 - End Barcelona This morning our adventure sadly finishes after breakfast, but if you're hungry for more Spanish sun, why not join us for our epic Ibiza & Beyond? See you on the beach? Arrive Rome Peel back the layers of Rome's history on a city walking tour including the Trevi Fountain La Spezia Hike or train between the pastel coloured 5 towns of the Cinque Terre National Park Hike or train between the pastel coloured 5 towns of the Cinque Terre National Park Nice Stroll along the promenade or take a dip in the luminous ocean with a day at the beach in Nice Barcelona Explore Barcelona's Gothic beauty on a walking tour including Las Ramblas
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 02 October 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans