Hawaiian Discovery First Class
From 06/02/2022 to 12/04/2023
Explore a local coffee plantation on the Big Island of Hawaii and wonders of Manta Rays in Keauhou Beach with a Local SpecialistDiscover Honolulu, Kailua-KonaVisit Pearl Harbor, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Kilauea Volcano, Maui Ocean Center, a local farm on Maui, Waimea Canyon, and Grove Farm Sugar Plantation with a Local SpecialistSee Oahu's spectacular North Shore, Punalu'u Beach, Hawaii's most famous black sand beach frequented by sea turtles basking in the sun, Kauai's magical Tunnel of TreesConnect With Locals Visit the Kona Joe Coffee Farm.
Kona coffee is one of the most expensive coffees on the planet.
Currently, there are only about 3,000 acres of Kona coffee plants to supply the entire world, making it a very in-demand commodityConnect With Locals Relish an educational farm-to-fork experience and help gather fresh produce for your al fresco lunch.
MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Help support the farm-to-table movement and learn more about bio-dynamic farming in Hawaii.
1 Be My Guest1 Dinner1 Farewell Dinner1 Lunch1 Regional Dinner1 Welcome Reception10 BreakfastsFlights from Honolulu-Kona, Hilo-Kahului and Kahului-LihueAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesCherry-picked hotels, all tried and trustedAll porterage and restaurant gratuitiesAn expert Travel Director and professional DriverBreakfast daily and up to half of your evening mealsMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAudio headsets for flexible sightseeingAll transport and transfers shownLuxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Optional Experiences and free time.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Embrace a tropical state of mind on this uplifting encounter with the best Hawaii has to offer. Your first brush with traditional Hawaiian hospitality begins this evening when you join your Travel Director and fellow travelers for a local-style Welcome Reception with magnificent Waikiki beach as your backdrop.
Day 2 - Today we will visit Pearl Harbor National Monument and the USS Arizona Memorial as well as drive through the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific. Also today in downtown Honolulu we will see Iolani Palace, the King Kamehameha I Statue and State Capitol Building. The rest of the afternoon is free.
Day 3 - The next stop on our island hop through Hawaii is the Big Island. Following a flight, enjoy an orientation tour of the lively seaside village of Kailua-Kona, once the holiday playground of Hawaiian royalty. Breathe in the rich aromas of coffee during a visit to a local coffee plantation where your will Connect With Locals. Then, meet our Local Specialist at our oceanside resort, whose Manta Ray Learning Center we will have an opportunity to explore before indulging in rich island flavors at Rays on the Bay.
Day 4 - Take a moment and savor the calming sounds of the sea as you decide how best to indulge in a free day to explore Kona's beautiful landscapes. Relax in sun-kissed surrounds or ask your Travel Director for suggestions on how to tackle the great outdoors.
Day 5 - Today we arrive at Punalu'u Beach Park, famous for its black sand and Hawaiian green sea turtles which swim off the coast on the black sand to sun. Then journey to the UNESCO-listed Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and gain a deeper understanding of how the molten earth has shaped these volcanic islands. After, enjoy lunch at a historic plantation. Later, travel to Hilo where you board your flight to Maui.
Day 6 - Prepare for a full day of sightseeing on the Valley Isle, travelling along the tropical coast to the Maui Ocean Center. Meet the center's conservation naturalists who will reveal secrets of the underwater wonderland that preserves and protects such species as Pacific corals, Hawaiian green sea turtles and sharks. We leave the coast behind and journey deep into the countryside to visit a local farm and MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Experience as you learn about the sustainable agriculture on the island. Connect With A Local and toast to a traditional Be My Guest experience lunch serving up Hawaiian specialties made with the freshest local ingredients. Spend the evening at leisure.
Day 7 - Warm your heart and soul in paradise, spending the day at leisure exploring Maui on your terms. This evening, sip a Mai Tai and sway to the tunes of authentic Hawaii during a traditional Luau.
Day 8 - Enjoy a leisurely start to your day before heading to the airport for your short flight to the natural wonderland of Kauai. Set your watch to island time and get settled in at your beachfront hotel.
Day 9 - Drive through the island's famous Tunnel of Trees and continue to Waimea Canyon State Park, one of the Hawaiian Islands most awe-inspiring sites. Dubbed the "Grand Canyon of the Pacific" you will drive all the way up the canyon. The result of thousands of years of erosion, the canyon walls offer a canvas of brilliant shades of red, brown, green, blue, gray and purple, with shadows and light producing a never-ending show.
Day 10 - Enjoy a free day discovering Kauai and its many natural wonders. Consider a helicopter flight over the Na Pali Coast and Manawaiopuna Falls or immerse yourself in the laidback lifestyle of the locals. Our island hop through Hawaii almost at its end, we join our Travel Director and travel companions for a Farewell Dinner.
Day 11 - For now it's a fond a hui hou... until we meet again. Take a transfer to Lihue Airport or consider extending your stay on Kauai.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 02 February 2022 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 28 January 2022 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans