Best of the Canyonlands
From 09/09/2022 to 21/10/2022
Visit Vail, Arches and Canyonlands National Parks, Moab, the cliff dwellings of Mesa Verde National Park, Monument Valley, Grand Canyon National Park, Las VegasSee Delicate ArchScenic Drive along Desert View Drive and Route 66.
1 Farewell Dinner1 Regional Dinner1 Welcome Reception6 BreakfastsAn expert Travel Director and professional DriverCherry-picked hotels, all tried and trustedAll porterage and restaurant gratuitiesAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesBreakfast daily and up to half of your evening mealsMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAudio headsets for flexible sightseeingAll transport and transfers shownLuxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Optional Experiences and free time.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Channel your inner pioneer as you embark on an epic encounter with the peaks, canyons and deserts of what was once the treacherous Wild West. We kick-start our expedition in Denver, exploring the Mile High City at your leisure before meeting our Travel Director and fellow expeditioners for a Welcome Reception this evening.
Day 2 - Start off your trip with breakfast as you prepare for the day of exploration ahead. Descend into the foothills of the Rockies and cross the Continental Divide en route to the alluring alpine village of Vail. The launch-pad to powder days enjoyed within a world of startling white, Vail's enchanting old-world feel will linger in your mind as you journey to Moab, whose rugged beauty was immortalized on the big screen by the legendary John Ford in the 1940s. Admire the blazing rocky red cliffs as the sun sets or explore this gateway to a myriad of adventures - tonight is yours to enjoy on your terms.
Day 3 - Tread lightly through the captivating landscapes of Utah's Canyonlands and Arches as you explore Mother Nature's profound mark on the surrounding geology. Deep canyons, towering spires and mesas give way to thousands of fiery sandstone arches during today's encounter with two soul-stirring national parks. See iconic Delicate Arch and if you like, take a short hike to the view point for an up close look. Reconnect with nature and admire how the land has adapted to the ravages of wind, water and time. Then, enjoy the rest of the day at leisure.
Day 4 - This morning, we'll arrive at the UNESCO-listed Mesa Verde National Park, we'll enjoy a rare opportunity to delve into the history and culture of the once-flourishing community of the Ancestral Pueblo people. Explore their beautifully preserved dwellings hewn from the sandstone cliff centuries ago and look down at the massive Cliff Palace, the largest cliff dwelling in the world. This evening, we join our generous Navajo hosts for a traditional cookout Regional Dinner against the surreal backdrop of Monument Valley.
Day 5 - The arresting beauty of Monument Valley is ours to explore this morning as we join a Local Specialist for a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Experience drive in an open-air vehicle past its towering sandstone buttes and mesas that rise up from the barren landscape. We continue through the ancestral home of the Navajo, arriving at Cameron Trading Post for a quick shopping stop and perhaps a taste of traditional fry bread. Driving along the scenic Desert View Drive, we skirt the South Rim of the Grand Canyon and gaze into its mesmerizing multi-colored depths before meeting another Local Specialist to gain insights into its geologic life. Our grand adventure almost at its end, we join our fellow travelers for a Farewell Dinner to reminisce over the epic landscapes encountered along our journey.
Day 6 - Rise early to catch the first rays of light as they illuminate the canyon. Consider an optional helicopter or fixed-wing aircraft flightseeing trip to view this feat of nature from the sky or enjoy a leisurely morning, before we journey to Sin City. Desolation gives way to a desert oasis as we cruise back in time past motels, diners and gas stations towards the dazzling lights of Las Vegas.
Day 7 - Our exhilarating adventure through the canyon lands has unfortunately come to an end. Grab some breakfast as you prepare to say farewell to your friends, then take your transfer to Las Vegas International Airport or consider extending your stay at Bally's.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 22 August 2022 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 17 August 2022 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans