Costa Rica Eco Adventure with Guanacaste
From 21/05/2022 to 26/12/2022
1 Farewell Dinner.
1 Welcome Reception.
2 Be My Guests.
First class travel Highlights.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing.
All transport and transfers shown.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Optional Experiences and free time.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Welcome to San Jos? Learn the secrets of Pura Vida - Costa Rica's inimitable zest for life that will linger throughout your effortlessly delivered encounter with a land that boasts no artificial ingredients. This evening, join your Travel Director and fellow expeditioners for a Welcome Reception.
Day 2 - Discover the natural beauty of Tortuguero National Park Journey to San Isidro de Heredia, where we'll Dive into Culture with master chocolatiers, Julio Fernandez and George Soriano, to learn about the history of chocolate and how it is produced at this small workshop. Then, it's on to Siquirres where we'll embark on a river journey with a Local Specialist through protected wetlands to secluded Tortuguero. Enjoy a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Experience in the heart of Tortuguero with a visit to the Sea Turtle Conservancy Tortuguero Visitor Center. Later, we enjoy dinner at our hotel this evening accompanied by the enchanting sounds of resident cicadas and tree frogs.
Day 3 - Visit the wildlife of Tortuguero National Park Cruise the canals and streams of the park today with a Local Specialist as howler monkeys watch from the treetops, toucans and egrets fly through the air and crocodiles ply the cool waters. Visit the Village of Tortuguero. If you are here between July and September, take an optional tour to see the sea turtles laying eggs on the beach.
Day 4 - Sample heart of palm in Sarapiqu? Bid adi?s to Tortuguero and head back to the mainland where we'll enjoy lunch before meeting the Tico family for a Connect With Locals experience at their palm plantation. There you'll learn about and sample the delicate heart of palm. Tonight you'll enjoy a Be My Guest with the owners of your hotel, providing a Connect With Locals experience, as they prepare a special BBQ meal just for you.
Day 5 - Mingle with Locals in Saripiqui Rise with the sun to get up close and personal with Costa Rica's exquisite nature during a leisurely hike. Keep a lookout for the endangered great green macaw and connect with your beautiful natural surroundings. Embark on an optional rafting trip^ later this morning. We Connect With Locals this afternoon, enjoying a Be My Guest lunch at an eco-friendly hacienda built by the Quintana family as a retirement project. Today, it is home to an organic farm and related eco-adventures. Learn how your MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Experience contributes to the local community. Our journey continues to Arenal Volcano, on whose slopes we spend the afternoon relaxing in our resort's beautifully landscaped thermal pools.
Day 6 - Immerse in the stories of Monteverde Cloud Forest Our soul-stirring encounter with Costa Rica's natural wonders continues after a morning at leisure. Straddle the Continental Divide and touch the sky in Monteverde Cloud Forest, where you'll have an opportunity to explore this biodiverse sanctuary, renowned for its collection of orchid species - more than in any other single place. Tonight, you will Connect With Locals as you meet a native Quaker, and Local Specialist, who will share stories of Old Town Monteverde and delve into the history of the American Quakers who settled in the area in the 1950s. This evening, relish some of the best views as you enjoy dinner.
Day 7 - Wander the Monteverde Cloud Forest This morning, join your Local Specialist guide for an excursion through the lush rainforests of Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve. We ascend to the treetops high above the jungle floor below, treading lightly along the Sky Walk^ suspension bridges amongst the wildlife that find sanctuary in the boughs of the surrounding canopy. As our epic eco-adventure nears its end, we share stories with newfound friends at a Farewell Dinner.
Day 8 - On the shores of Guanacaste Check in to your seaside resort in the Guanacaste surfing town of Tamarindo Beach.
Day 9 - Surf and play in Guanacaste Settle in for a day at leisure. Relax on the beach, learn how to surf or go shopping in the nearby Tamarindo Village.
Day 10 - Depart Liberia Transfer to Liberia International Airport for your flight or consider extending your stay to soak up the sun-kissed shores of Costa Rica. Sightseeing Highlights Visit Tortuguero National Park, Sarapiqui, Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve View Arenal Volcano Connect with Locals Visit a local Tico family's palm plantation to learn about and taste the delicate heart of palm.Visit the Quintana family's Hacienda Pozo Azul and discover how they reduce their carbon footprint and support the local community.Tonight you'll enjoy some time with the owners of your hotel, providing a unique experience, as they prepare a special BBQ meal just for you. Dive Into Culture Meet master chocolatiers, Julio Fernandez and George Soriano, to learn about the history of chocolate and how it is produced at this small workshop. MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) The Sea Turtle Conservancy Tortuguero Visitor Center is an educational center located in the heart of Tortuguero National Park, one of the most important sea turtle nesting sites in the world for green turtles.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 May 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans