Pioneer Adventures of the Old West
From 11/09/2022 to 18/09/2022
Explore the Grand Canyon and Monument Valley with a Local SpecialistIconic Train journey aboard the historic Grand Canyon RailwayScenic Drive in Red Rock Country by jeep or Red Rock Magic Trolley, drive through Oak Creek Canyon, Desert View Drive in Arizona and Mount Carmel HighwayVisit Sedona, Grand Canyon National Park, Historic Cameron Trading Post, Monument Valley, Lake Powell, Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National ParkConnect With Locals Enjoy Route 66 hospitality at a western-themed dinner.
Family Fun Explore Grand Canyon Railway and view Kaibab National Forest on your way to The Grand Canyon.
1 Be My Guest1 Dinner1 Farewell Dinner1 Kickoff Party7 BreakfastsAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesAll porterage and restaurant gratuitiesAll transport and transfers shownAn expert Travel Director and professional DriverAudio headsets for flexible sightseeingBreakfast daily and up to half of your evening mealsCherry-picked hotels, all tried and trustedLuxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Must-see sightseeing and surprise extrasOptional Experiences and free time.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Howdy folks! Saddle up for a ride from Phoenix to Scottsdale, spending the afternoon at leisure before your journey kicks off with an evening shindig to meet your new travel partners.
Day 2 - Your trek through America's frontier history begins in the Sonoran Desert. Stampede through the luminous orange and red landscapes of Sedona for Your Choice Sightseeing. Then, it's on through Oak Creek Canyon to the historic railroad town of Williams, where we'll Connect With Locals and enjoy a Be My Guest experience dinner hosted by the owners of local western restaurants.
Day 3 - Cut dirt and board your train to the Grand Canyon for some Family Fun, passing the vanilla-scented Ponderosa Pines and through the Kaibab National Forest. Tales of Old West legends are brought back to life as they travel with you along the rugged landscapes. We arrive at the UNESCO-listed Grand Canyon, one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. Walk the rim and learn from a Local Specialist how this extraordinary feat of nature developed over the past 40 million years.
Day 4 - Start your historic passage to Navajo country with a mesmerizing sunrise over the Grand Canyon. Trace the Desert View Drive route toward Cameron Trading Post in search of traditional Native American crafts and the taste of traditional fry bread. We join our Local Specialist for a drive in an open-air vehicle, bouncing past the imposing mesas and buttes rising up from Monument Valley's red valley floor toward a lakeside resort tucked into the red rock at the scenic family holiday hotspot of Lake Powell.
Day 5 - Even cowboys need a day off now and then, but if you're at a loose end, choose to take an optional float down the Colorado River, visit the "Top of the World" with Papillion, or spend the day learning how to wakeboard, kayak or zip around Lake Powell on a ski tube.
Day 6 - Polish those chaps for a ride toward Zion Canyon, tracing yet another great natural triumph by park shuttle or on foot. Bundle up your brood for a quick hike to the Emerald Pools - the lush landscape a veritable oasis for pioneers traversing the desert just days before. Drive the scenic Mount Carmel Highway admiring the sweeping views of waterfalls and slick rocks, watching out for more spectacular formations like the Great Arch of Zion and the distinctive Checkerboard Mesa. The red-orange-pink hued hoodoos of Bryce Canyon are your final stop for today.
Day 7 - Take your seat in an amphitheater of tall sandstone spires--the same vantage point the Paiute people used to admire the colorful carvings of Mother Nature by day, by night, winter and summer centuries ago. Explore the rim of Bryce Canyon, before spending the afternoon at leisure to blaze your own trail. Our adventure through the Old West almost at its end, we get gussied up for a Farewell dinner.
Day 8 - Hoodoos to our back and high-living ahead, we depart on the last leg of our journey to Las Vegas, through the scenic Virgin River Gorge. A transfer will take you to Las Vegas International Airport, or your hotel if you're extending your stay. Y'all come back now, y'hear?
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 19 August 2022 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 14 August 2022 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans