Hawaiian Explorer First Class
From 06/02/2022 to 09/04/2023
Explore a local coffee plantation on Big Island of Hawaii and wonders of Manta Rays in Keauhou Beach with a Local SpecialistDiscover Honolulu, Kailua-KonaVisit Pearl Harbor, USS Arizona Memorial, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Kilauea Volcano, Maui Ocean Center, and a local farm on Maui with a Local SpecialistSee black sand beach at Kaanapalii Beach and dine oceansideConnect With Locals Visit the Kona Joe Coffee Farm.
Kona coffee is one of the most expensive coffees on the planet.
Currently, there are only about 3,000 acres of Kona coffee plants to supply the entire world, making it a very in-demand commodityConnect With Locals Relish an educational farm-to-fork experience and help gather fresh produce for your al fresco lunch.
MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Help support the farm-to-table movement and learn more about bio-dynamic farming in Hawaii.
1 Be My Guest1 Dinner1 Farewell Dinner1 Lunch1 Welcome Reception7 BreakfastsAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesCherry-picked hotels, all tried and trustedAll porterage and restaurant gratuitiesAn expert Travel Director and professional DriverBreakfast daily and up to half of your evening mealsMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAudio headsets for flexible sightseeingAll transport and transfers shownLuxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Optional Experiences and free time.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Ease into the warm embrace of Hawaii's Aloha spirit, donning a flower lei on arrival to kick-start your love affair with the Pacific islands. Explore the golden beaches of Waikiki before gathering for a Hawaiian-style Welcome Reception with your Travel Director and fellow travelers this evening.
Day 2 - Today we visit Pearl Harbor National Monument and the USS Arizona Memorial as well as the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific. Also today in downtown Honolulu, see the Iolani Palace, King Kamehameha I Statue and State Capitol Building before spending the rest of the afternoon at leisure.
Day 3 - We fly to the Big Island of Hawaii, embarking on an orientation tour of the lively seaside village of Kailua-Kona, once the tropical playground of Hawaiian royalty. Connect with Locals at a coffee plantation for an insider perspective into Kona's coffee culture. Return to the coast and check in to your ocean-side resort where you'll meet our Local Specialist who will accompany us to the Manta Ray Learning Center. Gain insights into these graceful marine creatures before enjoying rich island flavors at the hotel's Rays on the Bay.
Day 4 - Wake to the sound of the sea and embrace your outdoor adventurer for an invigorating day at leisure to explore the natural wonderland of The Big Island on your own.
Day 5 - The fiery, fierce crust of Hawaii's volcanic landscape beckons this morning, but not before a brief stop at the southernmost bakery in the United States for a malasada or two perhaps. We'll then stop at Punalu'u Beach Park, famous for its black sand and Hawaiian green sea turtles which swim off the coast on the black sand to sun. Next we'll visit the UNESCO-listed Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, visit Thurston Lava Tube and learn about the geology of the islands. Indulge in local Pacific flavors during lunch at a historic plantation. We board our flight to Maui this evening and check in to our beachfront resort at Kaanapali Beach.
Day 6 - Our first full day in the Valley Isle sees us meet the conservation naturalists of the Maui Ocean Center, home to the world's largest collection of live Pacific corals, Hawaiian green sea turtles, sharks, and thousands of vibrant tropical fish. Delve into the island's sustainable agricultural practices and MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Experience next. Visit a local, sustainable farm and Connect With Locals enjoying a Be My Guest experience lunch with wine, including Hawaiian specialties made with the freshest local ingredients. As the sun sets over the Pacific, take a gentle stroll to nearby Whalers Village or venture into old town Lahaina to dine at one of the many restaurants.
Day 7 - Indulge in a full day on your terms to do as little or as much as you want in paradise. Rise before dawn and journey up the summit of Haleakal? or live your passions, exploring art, culture and heritage in picturesque surrounds. Give yourself permission to connect with your surroundings without worrying about a thing. This evening, celebrate a soul-stirring encounter with Hawaii, joining your travel companions for a lively Luau and Farewell Dinner featuring tropical cocktails, captivating entertainment, and the sounds of old Hawaii.
Day 8 - For now it's time to say a fond a hui hou... until we meet again. Take your transfer to Kahului Airport or consider extending your stay in Maui.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 02 February 2022 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 28 January 2022 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans