Iconic Rockies and Western Canada with Rocky Mountaineer Goldleaf
From 18/04/2022 to 08/10/2022
Explore Vancouver, Victoria, and BanffVisit Kamloops, Banff National Park, Jasper National Park, Audain Art Museum or the Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre, Sea Cider Farm & Ciderhouse, Butchart Gardens, Sea-to-Sky Gondola, Maligne Lake Cruise, Capilano Suspension BridgeView Lake Louise, Athabasca Glacier, Rogers Pass, Athabasca FallsScenic Drive along the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Icefields ParkwayScenic Cruise across Maligne Lake to iconic Spirit IslandDive Into Culture Taste local cider at a familly-owned ciderhouse, before continuing to Victoria.
1 Dinner1 Farewell Dinner2 Lunches1 Welcome Reception12 BreakfastsAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesCherry-picked hotels, all tried and trustedAll porterage and restaurant gratuitiesAn expert Travel Director and professional DriverBreakfast daily and up to half of your evening mealsMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAudio headsets for flexible sightseeingAll transport and transfers shownLuxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Optional Experiences and free time.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Tackle the 'Great Outdoors' on this effortlessly delivered adventure through Western Canada. Discover why Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world's most livable cities. Then, join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception.
Day 2 - This morning, delve into the historic neighbourhoods of Chinatown and Gastown before boarding a ferry to Vancouver Island. Dive into Culture and taste local cider at a family-owned ciderhouse, before continuing to Victoria.
Day 3 - Start your day at Butchart Gardens, a must-see oasis, which has been growing in Victoria, BC for over 100 years. Enjoy breakfast at Butchart Gardens and learn how the spectacular floral display was once a giant disused quarry. This evening, join an optional whale watching experience or spend the remainder of your stay in Victoria at leisure.
Day 4 - See the vivid murals of Chemainus. Board a ferry and then take the scenic Sea-to-Sky Highway. Ascend to Summit Lodge, admiring the views from the Sea-to-Sky Gondola.
Day 5 - Today includes a Your Choice Sightseeing experience. Learn about the First Nations at the Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre or visit the Audain Art Museum, a comprehensive Permanent Collection of the province's most celebrated artists. Exemplifying the richness of cultural difference in Canada, the collection takes visitors on a transformative visual journey from the late 18th century to present.
Day 6 - We continue towards Sun Peaks where we'll enjoy an evening at leisure.
Day 7 - Sample the best of the UNESCO-listed Canadian Rocky Mountain Parks. Today we'll be exploring Glacier and Yoho National Parks, along with journeying to Mt. Revelstoke. We then overnight in beautiful Banff National Park.
Day 8 - Your morning is at leisure, perhaps do an optional gondola ride or explore on your own terms. Later in the morning, you will have your orientation tour of Banff National Park. In the afternoon, we'll meet a retired "Mountie" as our Local Specialist, followed by dinner at the hotel.
Day 9 - Enjoy a lakeside talk at Lake Louise, then board an Ice Explorer and drive over the Athabasca Glacier.
Day 10 - Embark on an invigorating guided walk to Maligne Canyon. Board a narrated cruise on Maligne Lake (seasonal) stopping at Spirit Island. Enjoy a memorable Farewell Dinner with our fellow travelers this evening.
Day 11 - Embark on a two-day journey on the luxury Rocky Mountaineer with a night in Kamloops.
Day 12 - Discover the elegance of yesteryear, continuing your journey through the clouds by rail until you reach Vancouver.
Day 13 - Our dazzling encounter with the Canadian Rockies has come to an end. Transfer to Vancouver International Airport or to Canada Place for those on the optional Alaska cruise.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 October 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 25 October 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans