Transoceanic from Bari
Day 1 - Bari, Italy Visiting Bari during a cruise holiday means exploring the old town for a journey through time. Bari is the wonderful capital of Puglia and is built around the port, and the Borgo Antico is its mediaeval district characterised by narrow and winding streets. It is definitely one of the most beautiful cities in the Mediterranean. During the stopover in Bari visit the historic city rich in history, one of the most beautiful in Italy, and its surroundings, especially Matera, designated by UNESCO as the 2019 European Capital of Culture. “Bari Vecchia” is the old part of the city that, with its partly Norman and partly Swabian fortress, the Romanesque Basilica of Saint Nicholas built on the ruins of the Byzantine Palace, the 12th century cathedral of San Sabino and a dozen little churches of the same period, still bears the traces of conquerors who succeeded over the centuries.
Day 2 - Catania, Sicily, Italy Costa Cruises stops in Catania on the Mediterranean cruise. This Sicilian city, proud of its ancient history, is a port that should not be missed. The stop in Catania will offer you both cultural visits, which are some of the most beautiful in Italy, and shore excursions full of wonderful surprises. Dynamic and full of energy, it will surprises with the richness of its old town and the unique sight of the lava layers on the slopes of Mount Etna. Catania, like Sicily, is rich in monuments, ancient traditions and sumptuous food, which it shares generously with the rest of the world. The port of Catania is located about 300 metres from the historic city centre. We suggest that you visit the Piazza del Duomo, symbol of the city. If you cross Via Crociferi, one of the city’s most famous streets, you come to Palazzo Biscari, one of the most impressive and majestic buildings in the whole of Sicily. Finally, you can see Mount Etna looking north, with its famous lava flows.
Day 3 - Valletta The port of Valletta is Malta's heart. It was here that the Knights of the Order left for the Crusades from here and devoted themselves to caring for the wounded. In the Mediterranean, the port of Valletta has an important history and a strategic location. Its entrance, located between St Fort and the Sant’Angelo and Ricasoli Forts, transports you instantly into chivalrous past of the island. During your stop in Valletta you will be able to walk the streets with the colourful and decorated facades of the houses. Don’t miss a visit to the magnificent Barrakka Gardens from megalithic times, and the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist. Then visit Gozo to admire the scenery of natural sculptures carved by the sea.
Day 4 - At sea
Day 5 - Naples Naples is the heart of the Mediterranean. A unrivalled city where everything becomes a pleasant experience. The port of Naples is located right in the heart of the city and you can easily reach the city centre on foot. One of Italy’s symbolic cities: a cruise to Naples will immerse you in a universe of flavours and traditions that have developed during a history of almost 3,000 years. A shore excursion around Naples is like a visit to an open-air museum watched over by the majestic slopes of Vesuvius. The true soul of the city is Spaccanapoli in the ancient heart of the Decumani—the streets built in the Greco-Roman era—where you dodge mopeds as you stroll among the artisan workshops. It would be sacrilege to take a trip to Naples and not enter at least one of the over 500 churches in the old city. Take advantage of the break to visit Pompeii. You will be offered two shore excursions to immerse yourself in the heart of history and visit the ruins of this ancient Roman city. Then, let yourself be enchanted by the beauty of the landscapes between the Hill of Posillipo and Vesuvius. If you want to go shopping, take a trip to Spaccanapoli, the main artery of the city.
Day 6 - Civitavecchia, Italy From the ancient port of Civitavecchia you will land in the heart of the Roman and Etruscan civilisations; the old town is also a fabulous mediaeval village. Civitavecchia of today is the result of a thousand-year long process of civilisation and urbanisation in the Lazio region. In the area, close to where this city is located (and just 70 km from Rome), there are important historical elements that, over the centuries, have overlapped and accumulated to confirm the presence and evolution of organised social groups as far back as the prehistoric age. In fact, numerous traces of primitive settlements are found along the coast of Civitavecchia. Equally numerous and important are the Etruscan, Roman and mediaeval structures that have made the city an important urban centre and renowned as the Port of Rome since antiquity. During a cruise departing from Civitavecchia, before continuing in the Mediterranean, you can take advantage of this stop to visit Rome, the grandiose capital with its world-famous monuments: the Forums, the Colosseum, the Pantheon, Trajan's Column, the St. Peter’s Basilica, the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel, the Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona, Piazza Venezia, Piazza di Spagna and many more.
Day 7 - Savona, Italy Above the port of Savona, the Priamar Fortress greets every departure and arrival of the Costa ships sailing in the Mediterranean. Genoa and its aquarium are nearby. The port of Savona, which you can explore during your cruise in Italy, is one of the prettiest of the Italian Riviera. The lovely climate, summers that are never to hot, mild winters and the exceptional beauty of the sea near the town makes Savona an excellent base to set out to explore Liguria. Savona is notable for the Priamar Fortress, which has dominated the town since the 16th century, and also for its historic centre where you can visit Savona Cathedral. A stop in Savona can also be an opportunity to visit the nearby city of Genoa and its narrow, picturesque streets, known as “caruggi”.
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 19 September 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..