Savour South Australia
From 28/01/2022 to 01/03/2022
Hand-picked accommodation, selected to immerse you in your destinationMost meals, including Local Dining ExperiencesComplimentary refreshments throughout the journeyTravel by bespoke vehicle with reclining seats, WiFi and air-conditioningA maximum of 22 guests to share your journeyExpert Driver Guide escortAll entrance and National Park feesSustainable Travel Kit, including refillable water bottle and backpackExclusive immersive activities and interaction with local communitiesBuilt-in leisure time, to explore destinations as you wishAirport transfers (see Flight Information below).
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Be welcomed into your 5-star, boutique, heritage listed hotel, perfectly located directly adjacent to Rundle Mall and just a short walk to Adelaide's Riverbank and entertainment precincts. It's time to unwind in the hotel's rooftop bar with a glass of sparkling wine in hand as you meet your Tour Director and fellow travellers. You'll then effortlessly explore the city in a zero-emission eco-caddy with your private guide, ending at Adelaide Central Market. Meet your expert host Cheryl, who'll introduce the passionate market stall owners. You will taste signature dishes throughout the market, enjoying a four-course roaming dinner.
Day 2 - This morning enjoy a relaxing breakfast and some free time to explore Adelaide at your own pace before meeting your group and leaving the city for a taste of the country. On arrival, you'll visit Provenance Barossa, home to Penfolds Cellar Door, Barossa Distilling Company, Ember Pizzas and Stein's Taphouse to name but a few. Here you'll have time to wander and to taste the local fare. After checking into your accommodation this afternoon, you'll visit Seppeltsfield winery for a private Village Discovery Tour. Experience an award-winning mix of wine, food, craft and design before dining at the homestead where Executive Events Chef Owen Andrews will connect you to the region through seasonal plates showcasing local, sustainable produce.
Day 3 - Your day begins with breakfast overlooking the glorious Jacob's Creek vineyards, then add some Maggie Beer's flair to your cooking, in the very studio where Maggie and Simon filmed the Cook and the Chef, at a private demonstration. Sample the many products at her farm shop. Be sure to save room for some relaxed Barossa style long-table dining. You'll be grazing on a delicious lunch at St Hugo in their Hugo Gramp room overlooking the glorious vineyard. Leaving the Barossa behind and heading through the picturesque Adelaide Hills before arriving at your accommodation in the main street of historic Hahndorf. This afternoon visit Udder Delights, a cellar door of another kind. Here you'll taste a selection of delicious handmade artisan cheeses such as Blue Cheese, Chevre and Camembert, all produced locally from the Hills district to the Fleurieu Peninsula.
Day 4 - After breakfast and a chance to wander around the quaint shops of Hahndorf, our journey then takes us to the rich landscape of McLaren Vale and the quirky d'Arenberg Cube. This building was inspired by the complexities and puzzles of winemaking. Each of the five levels has been carefully designed to entice and excite the senses. Here, you'll be taken on a journey before arriving at the top floor for a tasting and 360-degree views of the vineyards and enjoy a delicious three-course lunch with wine at the stunning d'Arry's Verandah Restaurant. There will also be an opportunity for those interested to see the Salvador Dali exhibition. Our last stop will be at Gemtree tasting their biodynamic wines, a simple way of farming that enhances the soil and the taste. Heading back to Adelaide this afternoon, your evening is all yours to explore or relax at leisure.
Day 5 - This morning enjoy an Insight Choice activity. Perhaps a guided walking tour through the cultural heart of North Terrace and its surrounds is right up your alley, or for nature lovers, why not head out to the award-winning Cleland Wildlife Park to see animals in their natural environment. This includes some of the Kangaroo Island koalas who are recovering here from the recent bushfires on the island. It's then time for the group to come back together for a final Farewell Lunch in the city to say goodbye to your newfound friends, before being transferred by private vehicle to the airport for your onward flight.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 02 November 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 28 October 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans