the Lava Line(Twin Share Room,Start Quito, End Quito)
From 18/04/2023 to 18/03/2024
Twin-share hotels is the only way we roll on this trip.
Exploring by day and comfy, dreamy sleep filled nights are soon to be yours.
Fuel up for days of exploring with delicious fresh breakfast daily.
We'll also throw in 3 delicious local dinner experiences designed to get your mouth watering with local Ecuadorian faves.
All other meals are there for you to roam free, follow your nose to where the locals hang out for even more unique tastes.
A highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life.
An expert driver who knows foreign roads better than Google Maps.
Local Guides who make tourist traps a thing of the past.
This is your team.
Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Arrive Quito Welcome to Quito! The mood will be sky high as we gather in Ecuador's capital. This modern day city (nicknamed the 'light of America') is built on ancient Incan ruins and boasts one of the best preserved historic centres in America. It was also the first city declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Fact. We'll jump straight in to a team tour of the city & skip between two hemispheres at the Equatorial line. Squeezing in a visit to the IInti-?an Museum should round off the first day on trip pretty nicely.
Day 2 - Quito to Tena It's out of the city & into the lush jungle with spectacular views en route. Not a bad way to spend the day.This stunning landscape is composed of vibrant hills and tumbling rivers that make it a White Water Rafting dream (hint, hint). Then we'll settle in for the night, ready for big adventures tomorrow.
Day 3 - Tena Today is yours to roam the city and jungle to your hearts content. Maybe unwind over a few hot sugar cane and cinnamon drinks and a traditional canelazo brew, or opt to visit a local indigenous community - a pretty cool way to truly go local and give back on your trip. You'll get the chance to meet a shaman, play soccer with the local kids and really experience what tribe life is all about in this part of the world. Like the sound of this? Maybe consider packing some extra school supplies or tasty treats in your luggage - absolutely not essential but definitely appreciated by the local children. Tonight, we'll feast on delicious meats, sauces and salads, all traditional and sourced locally from the area. YUM.
Day 4 - Tena to Banos Good morning, Amazonian roamers! Today we're off to the adrenaline capital of Banos, so time to shimmy our way out of the rainforest - our next adventure awaits... Sitting amidst tumbling valleys, waterfalls, and the still active Volc?n Tungurahua, Banos is a big deal on the natural beauty front. With tomorrow earmarked as our day of outdoor adventuring, tonight is all about learning the art of sultry salsa with an included lesson to get our snake hips a-shaking. Our friendly local teacher, Edith, knows what's up on the dance floor, and by the time we leave those salsa pro's won't know what's hit them. Dance floor goals complete, we'll hop around some watering holes for a taste of the local nightlife.
Day 5 - Banos The adventure opportunities are endless today, with canyoneering and ziplining on the menu. And trust us, this isn't just any regular old zipline - we're talking aerial bridges, rock climbing and speeding through the skies, Superman style - pretty much the ultimate aerial adventure. Don't have such a head for heights? Canyoneering expeditions will keep you on your toes. Oh what a tough day this will be in Banos - deciding how best to embrace your inner adventurer.
Day 6 - Banos to Quito Today we head back to Quito for a quick stopover for the night.You've got another chance to explore this beautiful city - lucky you!
Day 7 - Quito Your trip ends after breakfast today when it's time to say adios to your new bffs. Why not continue the adventure on head onto our Peru Uncovered trip? Arrive Quito Locally Guided City Tour Visit the Equator and internan Museum Visit a handicraft market
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 October 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans