Delve Deep: Thailand
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Bangkok, Thailand
Ready to discover the unknown? Embrace the new and exotic? Delve deep into a richer-than-rich culture? You’re in EXACTLY the right place. First: say sawasdee (sah-wah-dee) to your fellow explorers. Then, we’ll kick things off with our first group dinner. Early disclosure: chawp pet noi (chop–pet-noy) is a phrase some of you will need to remember – meaning you like things ‘a little bit spicy’. Best used when ordering food.
Day 2 - Bangkok to Surat Thani
Take a deep breath. It’s time to try and pronounce Bangkok’s real name: Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Ayuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit. Piece of cake. Today, Krung Thep is yours for exploring. Head off the tourist trail and discover the coconut-filled jungle on an optional bike tour. Practice your foot jabs and switch kicks in a Muay Thai boxing class. Unleash your inner zen at an optional yoga class. Or just get lost in the city’s maze of luxe temples and serene golden Buddhas. Later: wave goodbye to Bangkok – we’re travelling like a local this evening and jumping aboard the sleeper train. Shotgun top bunk!
Day 3 - Surat Thani to Khao Sok National Park
Say lah gorn to the locals and hop off the train: this morning we’re heading to Khao Sok National Park, where jungle really IS massive. After we’ve checked into our rustic ecolodge and soaked up some serious tropical vibes, the afternoon’s yours to delve deeper. Get your hike on with an optional tour around the jaw-dropping park to spot the resident wildlife – it’s like being dropped straight into The Jungle Book. Or flex those chef skills at an authentic Thai cooking class (good luck – you’ll be eating it after). Tonight: listen out for the buzzing of the cicadas and the distant hoo-hoos of the gibbons. This is what you came for.
Day 4 - Khao Sok National Park
Tums filled with another tropical fruit-laden breakfast, today we’ve got the super-stunning Cheow Lan Lake in our sights. Not to boast, but this lake is big (like, REALLY big), with magical limestone cliffs and beaut islands galore. Time to activate explorer mode and get out there! Dive into the crystal-clear water and make BFFs (or not) with the local fish. Jump in a kayak and weave around the ultra-dramatic rock formations. And channel your inner Indiana Jones to discover Nam Talu Cave and the glittering hidden waterfalls. Lunch and dinner are on us today, so expect more drool-worthy, rainbow-coloured dishes of dreams. And tonight? We’re hunkering down in a traditional raft house bobbing along the twinkling lake. FYI this is a Wi-Fi-free zone – it’s time to switch off and immerse yourself completely.
Day 5 - Khao Sok National Park to Ko Pha Ngan
All aboard! This morning we’re hopping on a local long-tail boat to the mainland before making a beeline for the INCREDible island of Koh Phangan. Think: lush rainforest, gleaming white beaches (sunnies essential) and turquoise water so dreamy even the Little Mermaid would want to stay there. AND you’ve got the afternoon to explore it all. Hell. Yes. Need some recommendations? Your in-the-know Trip Leader’s got them by the bucketload. This evening: track down a piping-hot dish of pad thai, grab a satay skewer and end the day on a high. Cocktails at sunset, anyone?
Day 6 - Ko Pha Ngan
You wanted time to delve deeper, so you’ve got it. Today is totally up to you – but we’ve got the inside scoop, obvs. Keen to leave Full Moon vibes to the moon itself and discover some hidden gems instead? Stick around the north coast, where Hat Khuat and Hat Thian beaches are all about the chill scene. Go chasing waterfalls (and beaches and bars) on a locally guided tour of the island. Or crack into a coconut and relax poolside back at the hotel. Tonight, round up your trip mates and prepare for more satay, spicy soup and shrimp salad. Sparkling convo = guaranteed.
Day 7 - Ko Pha Ngan to Phuket
Truth bomb: today is a bit of a drive day. We’ll be making tracks for Phuket via land and sea, so stock up on local snacks, soak up the tropical views, and put the lingo skills of your travel buds to the test. When we arrive, it’s time to hit the ground running with an included street food tour. Expect: alllll the tingling senses. We’ll wander through the maze of buzzing, steaming food stalls to sample mouth-watering chicken kebabs and crispy fried crickets (sorry Jiminy...), before a masterclass in making coconut cake. Mmm. Then: did someone say mango sticky rice? Get in our belly. To round things off, head up Khao Rang viewpoint and check out this dazzling city by night. You won’t regret it.
Day 8 - Phuket
Eye-popping architecture. Lip-smacking eats. And a fascinating fusion of cultures and traditions. This immense island sure packs a punch – and today it’s 100% yours to delve deeper. Opt for a day trip speedboating around the Phi Phi Islands for more emerald waters, crazy-gorgeous beaches and mind-blowing scenery. Or do a Dora and explore the lesser-visited mangrove forests of the north on an optional hike-and-kayaking adventure. Ready for round two of Muay Thai? There’s a chance to brush up your skills if you’re keen. Or get your sweat on at an optional hot yoga class. Tonight: gather the fam and find a local haunt for some seriously fiery green curry, or panang if you actually *don’t* want to spice up your life.
Day 9 - Phuket
Bad news = it’s our last day in paradise. Good news = we’ve got some incred optionals lined up, so you’re sure as hell going to make the most of it! Get high jungle-style on a zip-lining escapade through the wild, twisted forest. Or spend an unforgettable morning at an ethical sanctuary for rescued elephants to see these majestic creatures roam the jungle and wide-open fields. You’ll feed them snacks (don’t be stingy – these guys never forget), and watch them bathe, play and generally live their best elephant lives. It’s all the feels. And later? Strap on those hiking boots one last time – we’re off to discover two of Phuket’s stunning secret viewpoints. Local knowledge = levelled up. Tonight, settle in for our final group dinner. WHAT an adventure it’s been.
Day 10 - Phuket
Ten days of UN-believable local experiences, gobsmacking views and ultimate eats? Completed. But now it’s time to say goodbye. Sob. What’s that? You’re gonna jump on the next flight to Bali and join our Delve Deep trip there? We LOVE your style.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 September 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..