Great Ocean Road and Kangaroo Island
From 15/04/2023 to 29/03/2024
1 Farewell Dinner.
1 Welcome Reception.
First class travel Highlights.
All land transport shown.
All transfers shown.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
Optional Experiences and free time.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Depart Melbourne for Warrnambool Buckle up for an epic coastal road trip filled with pinch-me moments. This is one of the world???s most celebrated scenic drives and with every detail taken care of, all that's left is for you to do is kick back and enjoy the beautiful views. Your journey along the scenic Great Ocean Road will include a stop in Lorne and Apollo Bay, a tranquil seaside retreat which welcomes Southern-right whales to its shores from winter to spring. Visit the limestone Twelve Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge and London Bridge before arriving in Warrnambool, the whaling capital. At the end of this highlight day, join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception.
Day 2 - Through Wine Country to Naracoorte Dive Into Culture at Worn Gundidj in Tower Hill State Reserve, a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Experience, where you will gain insights into the local flora, volcanic formations and medicinal practices from an Aboriginal perspective. Then, cross the South Australia border to Mt. Gambier to view the Blue Lake, set in the crater of an extinct volcano. Your next stop is the celebrated wine-making region of Coonawarra, where you'll join a Local Specialist for a tasting at a local winery. Indulge in the full-bodied, fruity flavours in the region's signature Cabernet Sauvignon wines produced on its 'terra rossa' soil and learn how the region played a leading role in Australia's wine industry since the 1890s. Continue your journey to the Naracoorte Caves, a World Heritage site, where you'll be taken on a guided tour with a Local Specialist through Alexandra Cave, its crown jewel which was discovered in 1908.
Day 3 - Naracoorte - Kangaroo Island Journey today to the Fleurieu Peninsula, where rolling hills are complemented by rugged clifftops, sandy beaches and the winding Murray River. Visit the charming seaside town of Victor Harbor before a ferry takes you to Kangaroo Island, famous for its unique natural beauty and fine produce. Visit Kangaroo Island's only boutique brewery to taste a selection of fine, local beers. Your destination tonight is Kingscote, South Australia's oldest European settlement.
Day 4 - Explore Kangaroo Island Embark on in-depth exploration of Kangaroo Island, which includes a visit to the Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch in Flinders Chase National Park. Join Trafalgar on a private educational ecology tour of the Trafalgar-sponsored Hanson Bay Wildlife Sanctuary, which was badly affected by last year's bushfires. Your visit will assist with their bushfire recovery plan and wildlife rehabilitation programme a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Experience. After lunch featuring fresh local produce, join a Local Specialist at Seal Bay Conservation Park for a guided walk among a colony of rare sea lions in one of the country's most important breeding colonies.
Day 5 - Festival City Adelaide Return to the mainland and continue your journey to Adelaide, the 'City of Churches'. An orientation tour with your Travel Director is followed by free time to explore on your own or maybe consider an Optional Experience.This evening is yours to indulge in the city's multi-cultural flavours.
Day 6 - The Bountiful Barossa The rolling Adelaide Hills, Hahndorf and the Barossa lay ahead of you today and you'll have the opportunity to sample a number of their world-renowned wines. Enjoy lunch at the South Australian Company Store, then visit Seppeltsfield Barossa to sample some of Trafalgar's favourites with a Local Specialist before touring the surrounding Barossa vines. See local artisans at work at the JamFactory, and soap and perfume being made at Vasse Virgin. You'll end the trip on a high note returning to Adelaide for a Farewell Dinner with your Travel Director and newfound friends.
Day 7 - Farewell Adelaide Your journey through the beautiful natural landscapes and stylish cities of Southern Australia at its end, say farewell to your fellow travellers as you transfer to Adelaide Airport for your onward flight (flights anytime). Sightseeing Highlights Discover Adelaide Worn Gundidj in Tower Hill State Reserve, Coonawarra wine region, Alexandra Cave, boutique brewery on Kangaroo Island, Hanson Bay Wildlife Sanctuary, Seal Bay Conservation Park, and the Barossa with a Local Specialist Scenic Drive along the Great Ocean Road View the Twelve Apostles, the Blue Lake, koalas at Hanson Bay Wildlife Sanctuary, sea lions at Seal Bay Conservation Park, the Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch on Kangaroo Island Visit Flinders Chase National Park, and wineries in South Australia Dive into Culture Visit Worn Gundidj in Tower Hill State Reserve where you will gain insights into the local flora, volcanic formations and medicinal practices from an Aboriginal perspective. MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Join us to assist with Hanson Bay Wildlife Sanctuary's bushfire recovery plan and wildlife rehabilitation programme.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 May 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans