Tropical Islands and Rainforest
From 07/04/2022 to 17/03/2023
Full day tour of K’gari (Fraser Island)Exclusive tour and afternoon tea at a working cattle station with the Creed FamilyGuided Tour of Sarina Sugar ShedTake in the Millaa Millaa Falls lookout and Curtain Fig TreeFree time to soak up the rainforest village of KurandaJourney over the UNESCO World Heritage listed rainforest with SkyrailDive into the ocean of the Great Barrier Reef.
Specialist team of two highly experienced Travel Director and Driver3 UNESCO World Heritage Sites – K’gari (Fraser Island), Great Barrier Reef & Wet Tropics of Queensland (Barron Gorge National Park, Skyrail)Centrally located premium hotels.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Welcome to the Gold Coast, one of Australia's favourite holiday destination. As we travel north enjoy the view of the changing landscape of rolling hills, surrounding mountain peaks and the coastline of the Sunshine Coast before arriving for a relaxed coastal vibe at Hervey Bay. This afternoon the ferry will take you across to the World Heritage Listed K'gari, also known as Fraser Island. Ground yourself back in nature on this sand island, your home for the next two nights.
Day 2 - A day of discovery lies ahead as your 4WD tour takes you for a bumpy ride around the island's must-see sites. Visit Lake McKenzie, ringed with magnificent white sandy beaches. Walk through the ancient rainforest at Central Station and Wanggoolba Creek with its huge satiny, scribbly gum and kauri trees. Across the island to 75 Mile Beach, the sand highway will take you up the eastern coast to the Pinnacles Coloured Sands; cooling, calm waters of Eli Creek and the famous sinking Maheno Shipwreck.
Day 3 - This morning you will stop at Ohana Exotic Fruit Orchard for a guided tour with the opportunity to try some local flavours and produce. Later you'll stop at Langmorn Station, a fully operational family run cattle station. Meet the Creed family and take a guided tour of the property including the original family homestead, built in 1873. Enjoy afternoon tea in the garden in the company of the pet kangaroo! Cross the Tropic of Capricorn as you arrive in Rockhampton, the beef capital of Australia! Your night is free so why not try some local beef at one of the town's steakhouses.
Day 4 - Travel north to the sugar town of Sarina, Australia's sugar capital, to Sarina Sugar Shed, a working miniature sugar mill. On your tour you'll get a peak into sugar cane processing and witness fully functioning sugar processing and distilling equipment in action. Afterwards you can taste some of the products made on site before sitting down for a light lunch. Continue to Airlie Beach, the gateway hub to the Whitsundays. Spend the next two nights in this vibrant coastal town where you will have free time to explore at your own pace.
Day 5 - The Whitsunday Islands are a collection of 74 tropical islands with white sandy beaches and dense rainforest surrounded by The Great Barrier Reef. This tropical oasis offers numerous activities for all budgets and interests. With so many bucket list reasons to get up early, why not take an optional helicopter ride over Heart Reef or perhaps the famous Whitehaven Beach beckons. Take an optional cruise aboard a catamaran to this slice of paradise, where you can simply relax on the beach, take a swim, or get involved in some fun beach activities.
Day 6 - Today we head north to Cairns along the Bruce Highway. Relax and take in the scenery as we travel through sugar cane fields and large farming lands with the ocean to one side and lush rainforests and mountains on the other. We'll make a stop along the way at a town where you can soak up the relaxed lifestyle that tropical North Queensland has to offer.
Day 7 - Before breakfast feel free to take a walk along the shore and feel the golden sand between your toes before you depart. Today you'll travel through the high tropical plateau known as the Atherton Tablelands, where lush rainforests, waterfalls and lakes abound. Visit Millaa Millaa Falls and the famous Curtain Fig Tree. Keep an eye out for the spectacular Ulysses Butterfly while you're there. Continue to Kuranda where you'll stop around lunch time. Enjoy some free time to explore this village in the rainforest. From Kuranda you will take the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway high above the canopy of the Barron Gorge National Park before arriving at your hotel in Cairns, gateway to the Great Barrier Reef.
Day 8 - Board a high-speed catamaran and cruise out to the Great Barrier Reef. The world heritage listed reef is the only living organism you can see from the moon. Imagine that! You'll have the opportunity to go snorkelling and view this natural living wonder up- close (equipment provided) and view the spectacular coral and tropical fish from the underwater observatory and the glass bottom boat. Enjoy a delicious tropical buffet lunch before you return to Cairns in the late afternoon. Tonight, is your farewell dinner at a restaurant on Cairns Harbour.
Day 9 - Your wonderful holiday concludes after breakfast when you bid farewell to your fellow travellers.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 October 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 25 October 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans