Great Ocean Road & Kangaroo Island Escape
From 16/04/2022 to 31/03/2023
Learn about volcanic formations from an Indigenous perspective on a guided tour of Tower HillTaste some of South Australia's finest gin at a local Kangaroo Island distilleryLearn about seal conservation as you embark on a guided walk on Kangaroo IslandLearn about .
Specialist team of two highly experienced Travel Director and Driver GuideLocal Specialists (Guides)Centrally located premium hotelsNational Park entrance fees13 included attractions/experiencesArrival and departure private airport transfers.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers early this morning then hold on to your seats and make sure your camera is charged for one of the world's great road trips - the Great Ocean Road! Enjoy spectacular scenery that never ends and the quaint seaside towns of Lorne and Apollo Bay before arriving at the limestone stacks of the Twelve Apostles rising majestically from the wild Southern Ocean. Nearby you'll see Loch Ard Gorge and London Bridge natural rock formation before arriving in the rural town of Warrnambool.
Day 2 - Visit Tower Hill Wildlife Reserve, where your guide will provide you with an Indigenous perspective on the area's flora, wildlife and volcanic formations. Cross the border into South Australia with a stop at Mt. Gambier, home to the Blue Lake. Continue to the world-renowned Coonawarra wine region for a wine tasting. Before arriving in Naracoorte you'll be joined by a local expert for a guided tour through the Alexandra Cave.
Day 3 - Journey today to the Fleurieu Peninsula, where rolling hills are complemented by rugged clifftops, sandy beaches and the winding Murray River. Visit the charming seaside town of Victor Harbor before a ferry takes you to Kangaroo Island, famous for its unique natural beauty and fine produce. Visit South Australia's only boutique distillery to taste a selection of award-winning Australian gins and delicious liqueurs. Your destination is Kingscote, South Australia's oldest European settlement.
Day 4 - Begin your exploration of fascinating Kangaroo Island today with a visit to the spectacular Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch followed by a guided tour of the AAT Kings sponsored Hanson Bay Wildlife Sanctuary which was badly affected by 2019 bushfires. Learn what part fire plays within this delicate ecosystem and how the koalas and other wildlife are adapting to their environment. This is followed by a delicious lunch featuring fresh, local produce before joining a local specialist at Seal Bay Conservation Park for a guided walk among a colony of rare sea lions in one of the country's most important breeding colonies. Tonight, is free at leisure for you to explore.
Day 5 - This morning, board your ferry to cross back to the mainland and travel to picturesque Adelaide, the 'City of Churches'. You'll take an orientation tour with your Travel Director before checking into your hotel. This afternoon you are free to explore. Why not choose one of our Optional tours or speak with your Travel Director about recommendations. There's plenty to see, do and taste! Did you know that Adelaide boasts more restaurants per capita than any other city in Australia? You do now!
Day 6 - Discover the rolling Adelaide Hills and the renowned Barossa Valley today, stopping first at picturesque Hahndorf, Australia's oldest surviving German settlement. Wander down its tree-lined streets and take time to explore the quaint shops. Continue to the Barossa Valley for lunch at the South Australian Company Store where you'll try tempting canap?s made up of fresh local produce, followed by a delicious main meal of your choice. From here you'll visit famous Seppeltsfield for an indulgent wine tasting followed by free time to wander around the Jam Factory, watching local artisans at work. Travel back to Adelaide this afternoon through landscape dotted with stone cottages and olive groves to join your Travel Director and travelling companions for a Farewell Dinner.
Day 7 - After an indulgent trip away, it's time to bid farewell to your fellow travellers after breakfast when your holiday comes to an end.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 02 November 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 28 October 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans