South Western Escape
From 27/08/2022 to 25/10/2022
Perth City Tour Kings Park & Botanical GardensWave RockExclusive farm tour atWave Rock Kalgoorlie Super Pit – Viewing platformLucky BayBluff Knoll lookout at Stirling RangesValley of the Giants Tree Top WalkCape Leeuwin and Cape Leeuwin LighthouseMargaret River Winery for lunch and tastingsMargaret River Chocolate FactoryBusselton Jetty.
Specialist team of two highly experienced Travel Director and Driver GuideLocal Specialists (Guides)Centrally located premium hotels.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - This afternoon when you meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers at your hotel, set off on a city tour of Perth including a visit to Kings Park where you can see the broad expanse of the Swan River and wander around the Anzac Memorial and wildflower gardens. You'll also see the many public art instillations around the city and get a feel for the different precincts surrounding the CBD. Tonight, get to know your fellow travellers over a Welcome drink and delicious meal.
Day 2 - Travel to the small town of Hyden and visit spectacular Wave Rock. This magnificent rock formation, resembling a gigantic wave, was formed over three million years ago. Explore the formation and then take a short walk to discover Hippo's Yawn, another fascinating rock formation. Afterwards you may like to wander through the Visitor Centre's eclectic collection of lace and the largest collection of toy soldiers in the world. Then you'll take an exclusive farm tour to hear about life in the Outback with a Wave Rock local. Exploring the farm with the owner, you'll have to opportunity to take part in a cattle feed and later explore a private collection of vintage cars.
Day 3 - This morning travel through classic Western Australian outback landscapes on your way to Kalgoorlie. Discover the characters and stories of this historic town on an orientation tour before visiting the lookout for fascinating views into the Super Pit open cut mine. Exploring Hannans North Mine provides a lifetime opportunity to discover the famous and historical Golden Mile in Kalgoorlie as well as experiencing a vibrant mix of gold rush history and modern-day mining. Get up close to the huge haul trucks and stand inside the shovel of one of their monstrous loaders.
Day 4 - Today visit Cape Le Grand National Park for breathtaking views of the wild coastal scenery, rugged granite peaks and sweeping heathlands. Stop at Thistle Cove and marvel at its jaw dropping white sand and crystal clear blue water. At Lucky Bay, one of the most unique and stunning bays in Australia, you may see grey kangaroos that like to laze on the pristine beach.
Day 5 - Travel through Ravensthorpe and the Fitzgerald Biosphere to Bluff Knoll Lookout to witness the rugged beauty of the Stirling Ranges National Park. The National Park is one of the richest areas for flora in the world. Continue to Albany, rich in Anzac history, and settle into your hotel for the night.
Day 6 - Today the day is free to explore this historic town on your own terms. You might want to delve into the history of why Albany was so important for those ANZACS bound for WWI with a visit to the National Anzac Centre or choose to explore the region on an optional half day or full day tour to discover wine and locally produced food.
Day 7 - Visit the Valley of the Giants to explore the canopy of the Tingle forest along the beautiful Tree Top Walk. This afternoon visit Cape Leeuwin lighthouse precinct where the Indian and Great Southern Oceans meet. Continue to Margaret River, one of Australia's premier wine growing regions. The region's scenery and fresh air will leave you invigorated.
Day 8 - Enjoy a sleep in this morning then get ready for a day that will delight your taste buds! Margaret River is known not only for its fabulous wine but also for its fresh produce and boutique producers. Vasse Virgin is where you'll have the chance to learn about all things olive oil, taste the gourmet produce, and sample their range or beauty products made from olive oil. Continue to our hand-picked local winery for wine tastings and lunch prepared using fresh local produce. This afternoon you will have some free time to relax or explore the town of Margaret River. Your evening is free to do as you please.
Day 9 - Hugging the coastline, we travers to the coastal town of Busselton to explore the historic wooden jetty. The jetty is the longest wooden jetty in the southern hemisphere stretching out over a mile into Geographe Bay. Departing Busselton travelling further back up the coastline to the port city of Fremantle where you'll have the afternoon to explore. You may like to visit the colourful Fremantle Markets. There are 150 stalls under one roof, and you'll have a chance to purchase local arts and crafts and taste local delights.
Day 10 - This morning is the chance to explore how you want. You might choose to wander along the Fremantle foreshore to discover the impressive fishing fleet and enjoy refreshing ale at Little Creatures Brewery You could choose to take a ferry to explore Rottnest Island and enjoy a guided bus tour. The turquoise waters of Rottnest Island are something to behold. If boats are not your things than why not choose to discover Fremantle by foot with a locally guided walking tour to discover some hidden gems. Whatever it is you choose to do; you're bound to enjoy every second.
Day 11 - Bid farewell to your fellow travellers when your trip concludes after breakfast.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 19 August 2022 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 14 August 2022 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans