Kakadu's Ancient Secrets
From 05/05/2022 to 10/10/2022
Litchfield National ParkYellow Water Billabong CruiseKakadu National ParkUbirr Rock Art SiteNourlangie Rock Art SiteAboriginal Cultural ExperienceKatherine Gorge CruiseKatherine Gorge Sunset Dinner CruiseSwim at Edith Falls Nitmiluk National ParkAdelaide River.
Specialist highly experienced Driver Guide with specialist accreditation Kakadu National ParksLocal Specialists (Guides)Mixture of boutique & unique hotels.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Welcome to Darwin! This morning meet your Journey Director and board your luxury vehicle to begin your journey of discovery in the Top End. Travel across the Finniss River to Litchfield National Park. You'll visit tumbling Florence Falls and you'll also enjoy a swim to cool off at Wangi Falls, surrounded by tropical monsoon rainforest and hear about its importance in Aboriginal custom before stopping for lunch. Get ready for a cross-country journey into the magnificent Kakadu National Park. Keep your eyes open for Crocodiles as you cross the South Alligator River, Brolgas, Magpie Geese and Jabiru as you traverse along the long grasses of the marshes and wetlands. Kakadu really is a diverse UNESCO world heritage site. This afternoon check into the renowned Crocodile Hotel in the town of Jabiru and enjoy the wonderful Aboriginal Art Gallery within the hotel before getting to know your fellow travellers over dinner with wine.
Day 2 - This morning there's a chance to take to the air an optional scenic flight over Kakadu. One of the best ways to experience the enormity of this wonderful National Park as well as the diversity from waterfalls and billabongs to flood plains and wildlife. Join your Journey Director on a walk at Kakadu's stunning Ubirr rock art site. You'll see ancient rock art and take a walk to discover remarkable views over the surrounding wetlands and escarpments from the fantastic vantage point, Nadab lookout. After lunch the famous Yellow Waters Billabong boat cruise will be a highlight of your journey. You will see a myriad of different bird species, spot estuarine crocodiles and simply enjoy the stunning billabong and floodplains system. Returning to your hotel you will have the chance to relax and unwind with a refreshing dip in the hotel's shaded outdoor pool or even wander through the on-site art gallery before enjoying a delicious dinner with wine.
Day 3 - This morning you'll visit Nourlangie to see its fascinating Aboriginal rock art for yourself. You'll also hear first-hand from your Journey Director a detailed interpretation of the art and the rich Aboriginal culture as you explore the various outdoor 'galleries' with art that dates back some 20,000 years. You will continue driving through the ancient lands of Kakadu National Park through to the town of Katherine and further on to Nitmiluk National Park. Indulge in five-star luxury at Cicada Lodge, a stunning architect designed eco-lodge surrounded by nature, where each room has a private balcony that opens to the glories of Nitmiluk National Park. Cool off from the heat of the day while enjoy a swim in the pool as the sunsets before a beautiful dinner.
Day 4 - Today immerse yourself as you meet Manual Pamkal who will welcome you with a traditional welcoming tune on the didgeridoo. Manual was born and raised immersed in his rich traditional culture. He'll share with you stories of growing up in the bush and teach you the fine art of rarrk painting using a special brush from a reed called Julk. Call up the inner artist within you and paint your own masterpiece to take home! You will enjoy lunch back on the deck of Cicada Lodge overlooking this natural surrounding before having a free afternoon to relax. This evening indulge on a special sunset dinner cruise along Katherine River. You'll marvel at the gorges while you spot wildlife and learn about the history and culture of the local Jawoyn people. Enjoy the peaceful ambiance during the candle-lit three course dinner cook on board your boat.
Day 5 - Enjoy a lay in or get up early to enjoy the National Park completely immersed in the mystical morning light. Travel north along the Stuart Highway stopping at the gorgeous Edith Falls the way for a relaxing dip and some lunch. Continue to Adelaide River War Cemetery. During WWII, Adelaide River was the headquarters to a large military base and a large cemetery was created especially for those who gave their lives in the service and defence of their country. Your Inspiring Journey concludes on arrival in Darwin.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 January 2022 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 25 January 2022 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans