New Zealand Panorama
From 07/10/2022 to 06/04/2023
Queenstown Orientation tourReal Country Farm Experience (BMG)Auckland City TourRuakuri Cave Tour, WaitomoRotorua Orientation TourMitai Village, Concert and DinnerRainbow Springs and Kiwi HatcheryWhakarewarewa Living Village Tour.
Specialist team of two highly experienced Travel Director and Driver Guide1 UNESCO World Heritage Site – Fiordland National ParkBe My Guest Experience - Laura Douglas Farm ExperienceCentrally located premium 4- & 5-star hotels5 included attractions/experiencesArrival and departure airport transfers.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Welcome to Queenstown, New Zealand. Upon arrival into Queenstown, we travel to the faithfully restored gold mining settlement of Arrowtown. As you amble down the beautiful tree-lined avenues, past the 19th century wooden buildings, you will feel like you have stepped into a movie set. Later, you will have free time to explore Queenstown.
Day 2 - Get a feel for real country life this morning when we meet our host Laura for a Be my Guest Experience. Born and raised on a sheep and deer farm in the deep south of New Zealand, Laura will share her story of her life growing up in the country. Try your hand at sheep mustering, whip cracking as well as the chance to feed and pet the farm animals. You'll leave feeling more like a local than a visitor. Early evening, enjoy a peaceful evening cruise across Lake Wakatipu aboard the TSS Earnslaw to Walter Peak High Country Farm for a gourmet barbecue highlight dinner at the Colonel's Homestead. Then enjoy an entertaining after-dinner farm show providing a glimpse into high-country farm life.
Day 3 - While Queenstown wears its Global Adventure badge proudly, it's also the perfect place to relax and explore. The town boasts great shopping with luxury brands, iconic New Zealand design stores and boutique fashion. If bungy jumping or tree-to-tree ziplining aren't your cup of tea, consider an Optional Experience to spectacular Milford Sound, travel to the UNESCO World Heritage Fiordland National Park. Experience magnificent scenery and many photo opportunities afforded by the Mirror Lakes, Knobs Flat, Hollyford Valley lookout (Pop's view), Cleddau Valley and the Chasm, drive through the hand-hewn Homer Tunnel towards the iconic Mitre Peak and the Bowen Falls before reaching Milford Sound for your cruise.
Day 4 - Today we depart the adventure capital of New Zealand Queenstown and head north to the City of Sails, Auckland. Tonight, why not dine at one of the many eateries on Federal Street, a hotspot for food lovers right on your doorstep. With an impressive accolade of awards between them, there is something to suit every taste at Federal Street.
Day 5 - Today we journey south through the King Country region which was at the centre of the New Zealand Wars in the 1860's. Join our 'Local Specialist' in a starry wonderland - a cavernous galaxy of twinkling bright green and blue glow-worms that light up the Ruakuri Caves, Waitomo. This evening, we join our hosts at the Mitai Maori Village for an authentic introduction to Maori culture, experience a delicious Hangi feast and cultural performance.
Day 6 - Visit Rainbow Springs Nature Park for a guided tour of the National Kiwi Hatchery Aotearoa, the national leader in kiwi husbandry. Learn about the work being done to save New Zealand's national bird, see kiwi eggs being incubated, the hatching process and newly hatched kiwi chicks. Continue to the Living Maori Village Whakarewarewa and gain in-depth insights into the lives of the M?ori people and the special bond they share with this ancient land. See New Zealand's biggest geyser, bubbling mud pools and thermal springs. Later we'll join our Travel Director and new-found friends for a Farewell Dinner at Terrace Kitchen on the Lakefront.
Day 7 - Bid farewell to your epic Antipodean adventure as you are transferred to Auckland Airport for your onward flight.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 09 July 2022 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 04 July 2022 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans