From 16/10/2022 to 14/03/2023
A highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life.
An expert driver who knows foreign roads better than Google Maps.
Local Guides who make tourist traps a thing of the past.
This is your team.
Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Arrive Rome Welcome to Rome! Once known as the 'capital of the world' this richly historic, passionate and elegant city will steal our hearts as soon as we arrive. We'll meet and greet our Contiki crew at 4pm, before heading on an orientation tour of the city. Yep, that means the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, the Piazza Navona, the Colosseum & the Roman Forum. With our eyes wide and camera roll full, we'll head to a local restaurant for an included Italian feast. La perfezione!
Day 2 - Rome to Florence via Siena Rise and shine, we're headed to another historical heavyweight today...But not before stopping off at Sienna for lunch. This place has medieval masterpieces and the historic city centre has been declared by UNESCO a World Heritage Site. We'll soak up all of that historic beauty and grab a bite before heading onto Florence...Florence is one of the foodie capitals of Italy, so we won't waste any time trying the local delicacies with an included feast. Then we'll turn in for the night, dreaming of the Florentine adventures that await us tomorrow.
Day 3 - Florence Florence is often referred to as a 'walking museum', and today we'll find out why. With a locally guided walking tour, we'll discover Renaissance Florence on foot, swooning at Giotto's Bell Tower, Basilica Santa Croce, and Piazza della Signoria. We'll also see the Duomo, one of the world's most remarkable architectural feats. All of this sightseeing will no doubt make us hungry, so this evening we have the option to learn how to make authentic risotto from the experts - before sitting down and enjoying another authentic feast, including local wine.
Day 4 - Florence to Cinque Terre via Pisa & Lucca Farewell, Florence. We'll never forget you. But we've got more dreamy Italian hot spots to hit up.We can't be in this part of the world without a sneaky visit to the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Depriving you of the chance to perfect the holding-up-the-tower shot would be criminal.Another stopover will let us check out lovely Lucca, with its charming piazzas, Renaissance architecture and historic cafes. It's a perfect spot to grab a bite before we hit the road again.Welcome to the Italian Riviera! You're going to fall head over heels with this region over the coming days...
Day 5 - Cinque Terre Some people think Cinque Terre is just one place, but it actually translates to the 'five lands,' made up of 5 stunning towns with their own unique identity and traditions. Included in your trip is an unlimited Cinque Terre hike and train ticket, so whether you're into trekking, taking it easy, or a combination of the two, you can explore Cinque Terre your way. Whichever way you choose to get around, it's hard not to fall in love with the dramatic cliff-faces, cute pastel coloured buildings tumbling down the coast and all sorts of historic monuments. The food here is pretty special, too. Why not make your way down the coast trying local delicacies like pesto, focaccia and seafood! Bene!
Day 6 - Cinque Terre to Milan via Lake Como We're hitting the road today to one of the most elegant cities in Europe.But not before experiencing the glitz and glamour of Lake Como, with its attractive villages and gorgeous gardens. The showstopper is the lake itself, of course, and we'll have the option to get out on the water and take a cruise to beautiful Bellagio.Welcome to Milan, the sophisticated cityscape that rewards the curious traveller. We have a free night to check out the local nightlife, and eat some of the local delicacies. As always, your Trip Manager will have the top tips on where to go and where to avoid...
Day 7 - Milan to Venice via Verona The dreamy destinations just don't stop coming...Welcome to Verona, the heart of Renaissance romance (and the setting for Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet). Beautiful architecture, rich history and plenty of jaw-dropping art makes this place a very worthy stopover. We'll check out Juliet's balcony, part of a gorgeous 13th century house, as well as the epic Roman Arena. Then it's onto another very romantic city...Welcome to Venice! Our hearts will swell at the mazy canals and ancient architecture. Tonight we'll have the option to go for a progressive food walking tour, to try different bits of cicchetti and local wines - the perfect way to kick-start our adventures here!
Day 8 - Venice Wake-up sleeping beauties! Venice is yours for the entirety of this glorious Italian day. We'll be jumping aboard our own private boat and hitting the canals en route to the historical heart of the city. A gondola ride will be up for grabs, or you can always choose to get lost on your own and see where the maze takes you. Later, maybe opt to cruise to the UNESCO-listed island of Burano and enjoy a sumptuous seafood dinner.
Day 9 - Venice to Rome via Bologna See ya, Venice. You'll always have a piece of our hearts. Today we're headed back to Rome to explore the city in more depth.But not before making a quick stop in Bologna. This gorgeous medieval marvel of stunning architecture will have you looking twice!Arriving back in Rome, we'll have the option for a foodie experience, where we'll meet some locals and discover the finest food Rome has to offer.
Day 10 - Depart Rome Rome wasn't built in a day - so get up and get going early to make the most of this ancient city. When in Rome... take a guided tour of the Vatican Museums, including the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica. Religious or not, the Vatican's Italian Renaissance church will send shivers down your spine. Then our trip comes to an end in the afternoon. Swap contact details and start planning your next adventure! Arrive Rome Peel back the layers of Rome's history on a city walking tour including the Trevi Fountain Florence See the Duomo, Basilica Santa Croce, Giotto's Bell Tower, the Baptistery & Piazza della Signoria on a locally guided walking tour of Florence Cinque Terre Hike or train between the pastel coloured 5 towns of the Cinque Terre National Park Venice Take a traditional Motoscafo across the iconic lagoon to the island of Venice Depart Rome Witness renaissance masterpieces on a guided tour of the Vatican City
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 October 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans