Norway Fjords & Northern Lights
From 22/10/2022 to 11/03/2023
8 included meals: 7 breakfasts and 1 regional dinnerA highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life.
An expert driver who knows foreign roads better than Google Maps.
Local Guides who make tourist traps a thing of the past.
This is your team.
Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - God dag! That's good day in Norwegian and it's definitely a good day for an Arctic adventure, as we meet our Manager and Contiki crew to say 'Hei' here in the Norwegian capital. Oslo is a riverside metropolis back-dropped by mountains and filled with easy-going culture. We'll head to Vippa, a trendy outdoor food market on the waterfront, known for its diverse and sustainable foodie treats.
Day 2 - Bye Oslo! Today we're taking a train to the airport and soaring over toTroms?, our gateway toArctic Circle.Located at nearly 70? north, Troms? is famed as a viewing point for the colourful Northern Lightsand distinguished by its centuries-old wooden houses and the stunning stained glass windows of the 1965 Arctic Cathedral.Astheworld's most northernmost university town, Troms? has a buzzing nightlife that's yours to discover. When you need to refuel, eateries here specialise in fresh Arctic ingredients.This is your chance tosample local treatslikegrilled stockfish, reindeer sirloin, or(go on, we dare you)seagulleggs?
Day 3 - Even though the sun doesn't rise, you'll need to be ready to rise and shine for some Arctic action this morning. This is your chance to immerse yourself in local culture with an optional MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(TM) S?mi Experience. Visit a S?mi camp, be welcomed into a lavvo-hut (S?mi tent) to warm up with a hot drink, get up close to the herd of reindeer at feeding time, and discover how the indigenous people of the Arctic live, with proceeds from the experience going back into the local community. Or if you want to spend more time oceanside, choose to go whale watching - gliding through the Arctic fjords on a hybrid-electric boat with panoramic windows, for maximum whale viewing and minimum disturbance to marine life - spotting sea eagles and playful seals, and maybe experiencing the thrill of seeing humpback whales lobtail and leap in the icy sea.
Day 4 - Wake up to fresh Arctic air and a free morning. For panoramic views of the city, maybe ride the cable car up to Mount Storsteinen or, for the more adventurous, reach the top by climbing the 1200 stone steps of the Sherpa staircase. If you energetic this morning you could even try your hand at snowshoeing or snowmobiling for a true Arctic experience.After lunch it'll be hard to contain our excitement as we board our ship and set sail, following the wild coastline towards Skjerv?y in search of the beguiling Northern Lights. Dinner is up to you this evening but you'll be able to choose from the onboard restaurants serving authentic produce, fresh from local communities.
Day 5 - Ahoy! We hope the ship rocked you soundly to sleep. This morning we sail through the Mager?ysund sound and after an early stop in Hammerfest, we arrive in Honningsv?g. From here, you can join an excursion to the spectacular North Cape, the northernmost point of Europe, which is just 2000 km from the geographic North Pole.The ship continues northward along the coast of Lappland, passing by the Finnkjerka rock formation, the old sacrificial site of the Sami people. Don't forget to look for the lights! While there's no guarantee of seeing the elusive and mysterious Northern Lights we are definitely in the right place at the right time. The sky needs to be dark and clear of cloud and they will most likely show between 5pm and 2am, so grab yourself a coffee and keep your eyes peeled.
Day 6 - The last port on our voyage northward is Kirkenes. Located at 30?E, we're now further east than Istanbul! The Russian border is close by, and all signs are written in both Norwegian and Russian.Kirkenes is famous as the home of the first snow hotel, made completely of snow and ice. With a constant temperature of -4? in the rooms, who are we to resist ending our day with an ice cold beer in the ice cold bar?
Day 7 - By now you should be completely chilled. But pull on your mittens and make the most of our last full day, with time to explore Kirkenes before we head to the airport. In the centre of town you'll find the Russia monument and the Wartime Mothers monument, which were erected after the Second World War. Be sure to let the good times roll on this final night of our trip.Oslo is lively at night, fuelled by the fiery local spirit akevitt. Many Norwegians go out late after a vorspiel (pre-party), so hit the town after 10pm and live it up with the locals.
Day 8 - It's cold outside but our hearts are full of warm and lasting memories as we say our goodbyes after breakfast. The Norwegians have an expression meaning 'see you soon' - 'Sees!'
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 January 2022 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 25 January 2022 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans