From 12/07/2022 to 02/10/2022
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Welcome to Rome! Once known as the 'capital of the world' this richly historic, passionate and elegant city will steal our hearts as soon as we arrive. We'll meet and greet our Contiki crew at 4pm, before heading on an orientation tour of the city. Yep, that means the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, the Piazza Navona, the Colosseum & the Roman Forum. With our eyes wide and camera roll full, we'll head to the streets for an included Italian feast. Maybe washed down with some chianti. La perfezione!
Day 2 - Today we're headed to another richly historical and cultural city, known for it's naturally beautiful sights and excellent cuisine. Welcome to Naples, the rough and ready but oh so charming city which encapsulates everything we love about Italy. The home of pizza, a hub of culture, and a bundle of passionate Italian energy, this is also the site of Mt Vesuvius, the infamous active volcano. Today we have the option to check out the ruins of Pompeii, the fascinating Roman town that was destroyed by Vesuvius and then perfectly preserved in volcanic ash. Another option today is to take a tour, learning about the city, it's history and it's food culture.
Day 3 - We're headed to the coast today to check out some of the most glamorous seascapes in Europe. We'll visit two spectacular Amalfi jewels today. Positano will take our breath away, with its postcard pretty sun-bleached buildings tumbling down into the sparkling sea. Capri is no different, with its gorgeous cragged coastline and opulent cafes, it's easy to see why this is such a playground for the rich and famous. An optional Capri cruise will let us check out the iconic blue grotto, as well as stop for plenty of swim stops to beat the heat.
Day 4 - We've got a free day on the Amalfi coast! Lucky us. There are plenty of optionals today to keep us entertained, including a visit to a lemon farm where we learn how these huge, sunshine coloured fruits are harvested and turned into limoncello. We'll also get to have a Tastes of Amalfi dinner, washed down with the lemon liqueur itself.
Day 5 - We're headed back to Rome today. Time for the Colosseum? Back in Rome we recommend taking our optional Emperors & Gladiators tour, where you'll skip the queues and enter the jaw-dropping Colosseum through the exclusive Emperor's gate. This is the perfect way to learn about this fascinating, blood-stained arena, in which Romans used to flock to watch epic battles between elephants, tigers, and gladiators. Then, we have a free night to check out the nightlife and toast what has been an unforgettable Italian adventure.
Day 6 - Hold our gelato. Our hearts are melting as we bid a final 'Ciao' to our Contiki crew after a trip we'll never forget.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 09 July 2022 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 04 July 2022 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans