European Magic (From April 2022)
From 02/04/2023 to 25/09/2023
For 8 amazing nights, you'll be snoozing in hotels located in the heart of each city you visit.
If you're not keen on sleeping twin share, you can save a bit of cash and go three share, or even treat yourself and upgrade to single share.
Fill your belly with pasta in Italy and gorge yourself on cheese everywhere in between with 8 breakfasts and and 2 dinners.
A highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life.
An expert driver who knows foreign roads better than Google Maps.
Local Guides who make tourist traps a thing of the past.
This is your team.
Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - London to Amsterdam Your 9-country, 8-day adventure begins here! You'll meet up with your Contiki crew in London and we'll all board our coach here, ready to set off for European soil.Shortly before we find our ferry for Europe, we'll be taking in the English coastline beauty of the White Cliffs of Dover. They owe their gorgeousness to their composition of chalk - you're learning and we haven't even left the UK!Off the ferry we arrive in the port town of Calais - French soil! We travel via Belgium before reaching ... Amsterdam!Cross off another country off your list as you cruise through Belgium on your way to Amsterdam.And here we are at our final stop for this evening: Amsterdam! We'll start our exploration of this city with a peek of canals, bicycles & 17th century gable houses lit up by night. Next on the agenda tonight, we have an authentic canal-side Dutch dinner on the cards, followed by an optional evening cruise along the canals - the perfect way for our travel crew to get to know each other. Afterwards, there's plenty of nightlife to keep you going until the early hours.
Day 2 - Amsterdam to Frankfurt This morning is your chance to explore Amsterdam. Take a wander down a cobbled canal-lined street, step into a local 'Poffertjes' cafe for Dutch mini pancakes, or check out some of the cute bookshops lining the canal. Then say 'Vaarwel!' because this afternoon we're setting off for our next country, Germany.Wilkommen to Frankfurt, Germany's thriving city metropolis with a big city scene by day and a vibrant nightlife in the evenings. We'll start off with an orientation tour here in Frankfurt, then tonight you're free to find yourself some dinner and discover the city by night.
Day 3 - Frankfurt to Munich Saying goodbye to Frankfurt, we'll head on to the German city of Munich - where lederhosen, dirndls, steins of beer and gingerbread-style buildings await."Prost!". Here in the home of Oktoberfest we'll take a quick tour of the city, and amuse ourselves watching the antics of mechanical figurines in the city's famous Glockenspiel. Making the most of our time in Munich this evening, we'll get introduced to 800 years of history at a traditional Bavarian beer hall.
Day 4 - Munich to Venice via Innsbruck 'Auf Wiedersehen' Munich, we're off to tick more countries off our list. This morning we'll climb aboard our coach ready for a scenic roll through the Bavarian Alps, past fairytale castles and rambling vineyards, en route to Austria.Drive through Austria without getting out to say hello? Never! We'll pull into Innsbruck for lunch, a laid-back student city made famous by a medieval old town, an old Olympic Ski Jump & a Royal Palace.Ah, Venice! Fresh pasta, lilting accents & romantic architecture - we've arrived in one of Italy's most famous cities. Tonight we'll relax here, knowing we have all day tomorrow to cruise canals & explore picturesque cobbled streets.
Day 5 - Venice Buongiorno! Venice is ours for a full and glorious Italian day. We'll start exploring The Floating City by jumping aboard our own private motoscaffo boat and cruising the canals en route to the historical heart of the city. Here we'll take selfies at the Bridge of Sighs, see the Doge's Palace & St. Mark's Square. Next, you have the chance to discover hidden Venice with a guided walking tour, take a traditional gondola ride, or just explore these cobbled streets on your own. Tonight, you can choose to sign up for an authentic Venetian 3-course feast, or take a Venetian mask-making workshop. Not only will you get to paint your very own Venetian mask, you'll be supporting local crafts and traditions too.
Day 6 - Venice to Lucerne With a few days left, it's time to say 'ciao' to our time in Venice. We'll never forget you, city of canals and beauty, but Switzerland is calling us. Back on our coach we'll pass Lake Como as we cruise out of Italy and head onwards and upwards toward the Swiss Alps.With magical views unfolding outside our windows we'll find ourselves in Switzerland, pulling up in the fairytale town of Lucerne, famous for its wooden bridges, cobbled lanes and beautiful setting against the lake it's named after. Here we'll visit the wooden chapel bridge and lion monument, then you'll have the chance to take an optional lake cruise tonight, giving yourself a better look at the epic Swiss Alps reflected off the water. Our other recommendation for tonight? Swiss chocolate.
Day 7 - Lucerne to Paris It's been sweet, but our time in Lucerne is up this morning. We're Paris-bound! Out with the altitude, in with the inner-city Parisian bliss. We'll jump back onto our coach to cross the border out of Switzerland and (back) into France.After coasting through the pretty wine producing region of Burgundy, we'll arrive in the City of Lights. Lamp-lit bridges, a sparkling Eiffel Tower, & evening coffee haunts, this evening we'll fall in love with everything Paris on a dreamy night-time tour. Is it just us, or is love in the air? Once we've seen the most famous landmarks, we'll celebrate our first night in the city by heading up the Montparnasse Tower for the best panoramic views of the city.
Day 8 - Paris There's plenty of time to lust over designer haute couture or French vintage stores, admire the Notre Dame Cathedral, order coffee and cr?pes, or get artsy at the many museums of the Louvre. Just don't wear yourself out, because tonight's your chance to get involved with VIP seats and dinner at the iconic Moulin Rouge cabaret show. With your last night looming, this is the perfect way to make it one to remember. Get ready to go out with a bang!
Day 9 - Paris to London Rise, shine, and soak up your last dose of Paris this morning over a coffee and croissant together, as we marvel at how much we've seen on this magical journey. It may be over for now, but these friendships and memories will last a lifetime. Our last coach ride together will be a complimentary transfer to CDG airport this morning, or you can stay onboard for the full ride back to London. Plenty of time to start planning the next reunion...What an adventure! Say a fond farewell to the group as you wrap up the trip on arrival in London. Amsterdam to Frankfurt Explore Frankfurt's highlights on an orientation tour Venice Take a traditional Motoscafo across the iconic lagoon to the island of Venice See the Bridge of Sighs, the Doge's Palace & St. Mark's Square Paris Visit a French Perfumery in Paris to learn about the secrets of the perfume trade through an olfactory journey
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 May 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans