From 28/05/2023 to 24/09/2023
A highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life.
An expert driver who knows foreign roads better than Google Maps.
Local Guides who make tourist traps a thing of the past.
This is your team.
Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Arrive Catania Welcome to Catania! This colourful cacophony of baroque piazzas and ancient ruins is the perfect place to get acquainted with Sicily. We'll have a chance to check out Catania's UNESCO listed historic core before an included dinner in a local restaurant. Is Sicilian cuisine the best in the world? It has to be up there...
Day 2 - Catania to Taormina We've got more spectacular Sicilian towns to explore today, as we head from Catania to Taormina.Uniquely perched on the side of a mountain, this elegant resort town is the perfect place to live the good life in Italy. We'll waste no time admiring the gorgeous panoramas, as we take the cable car that connects the town's historic centre with its awesome beaches. After sunning ourselves for a bit, why not opt for a cooking class with some local masterchefs, learning how to whip up local delicacies like Arancini & Cannoli? It's the perfect way to impress everyone when you get back home.
Day 3 - Taormina Today we've got an unmissable optional for you. Sicily's stupendous stratovolcano Mt Etna is the highest active volcano in Europe. And what better way to experience this majestic monster than on an adrenaline filled bike ride, as you pass vineyards and orchards spread across the fertile slopes? You won't find views quite like this anywhere in Europe. Whether or not you opt for the bike tour, you'll have a free afternoon to explore Taormina - lazing on the beach, checking out the Roman theatre or sitting and drinking a spritz as life lazily moves by. It's a hard life.
Day 4 - Taormina to Noto via Syracuse See ya, Taormina - it's time to visit some historical hotspots.On the way to Noto we'll stop off at Syracuse, notable for its rich Roman and Greek ancient history, with ancient amphitheatres and architecture everywhere you look. It was even mentioned in the Bible - how's that for history creds? Today it's a world UNESCO heritage site, and we'll have time to admire all that crumbling beauty before heading onto Noto.This architectural utopia has one of the most stunning historic centres in Sicily - and that's saying something. The gorgeous Corso Vittoria Emanuele is adorned with gorgeous old churches and red-gold buildings that glimmer in the sunlight. An optional we recommend this evening is heading to an organic farm with us, where we'll meet some locals and get served a delicious farm-to-table feast that'll be some of the freshest Italian food you've ever tasted.
Day 5 - Noto to Cefalu via Agrigento Heading from Noto we'll arrive in Agrigento, the perfect base to explore another ancient wonder...From Agrigento we have an included tour of the Valley of the Temples, This mystical valley is a treasure trove of historical and archaeological heritage. As you wander the valley, in the shadow of blooming almond trees, we'll discover ancient temples, sanctuaries and a necropolis. It's a spectacular testament to Sicily's ancient history (and natural beauty).Arriving in Cefalu we'll enjoy another included dinner of Sicilian delicacies. What a day - and we're not done yet.
Day 6 - Cefalu Cefalu is a real gem, home to Sicily's best beaches and most impressive Arabic architecture. This truly is the island that keeps on giving. Today's all about coastal vibes, soaking up that sun, sea and sand - with plenty of watersports to get involved with. If you're feeling a little more zen, why not opt for the coastal cruise and soak up some scenery instead? Later on we'll stroll the winding cobbled streets and watch fishermen taking stock of the day's bounties, before exploring the town's foodie and nightlife scene. Ah, Sicily - sigh.
Day 7 - Cefalu to Palermo It's time to end on a high, as we make our way towards Sicily's sizzling capital.Palermo is a vivacious and colourful tumble of a city with a rich history and a thrilling culinary scene. But it's also been plagued by organised crime for decades. Today we can opt for a fascinating walking tour through the picturesque historic centre, teaching us about the history of the Mafia in Palermo, as well as how the civil anti-Mafia movement formed an unlikely resistance. We'll also have free time to wonder the storied streets, grabbing some local eats and falling in love with this feisty city. Then, our adventure's final optional experience: a farewell dinner of Palermo specialities, as we swap stories, compare photos and plan future adventures together over a few glasses of local wine.
Day 8 - Depart Palermo We're headed back to the airport after one final breakfast together. Hug it out, swap social deets - and don't be sad, we'll see each other on the road again soon. Arrive Catania Orientation of Catania including Piazza del Duomo & Via dei Crociferi known for its 16th century churches
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 October 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans