Rome to London Wanderer
From 21/05/2023 to 14/09/2023
Take a traditional Motoscafo across the iconic lagoon to the island of VeniceSee the Bridge of Sighs, the Doge's Palace & St.
Mark's SquareSee Venice's iconic canals & gondolasScenic drive past vineyards, orchards and castlesSee this pretty mountain region famous for adventure sportsDinner of traditional Austrian food prepared by Contiki ChefsSee the colourful East side Gallery and the iconic Berlin Wall.
For 17 magical nights, you'll be snoozing in some of the most unique accommodation options Europe has to offer.
Spend 1 night in Contiki's very own Austrian Gasthof, two in our Swiss Chalet, 5 in our cosy cabins, 2 in hotels and 7 in buzzing hostels.
Wake up to breakfast on us each day, and be treated to 8 mouth-watering dinners.
You're cruising through some of the food capitals of the world, so think hearty piles of Italian pasta, snails and macarons in France and the, er, interesting combo of curry and sausage that is Germany's currywurst.
A highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life.
An expert driver who knows foreign roads better than Google Maps.
Local Guides who make tourist traps a thing of the past.
This is your team.
Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do.
Itinerary / more information
Day Day 3 - Venice to Austrian Tyrol Farewell gentle canals and hello wild Alpine waters.As we arrive in the Austrian Tyrol, an optional white-water rafting adventure should get the adrenaline pumping. Once you catch your breath, we'll be resting up in a Contiki Special Stay, a local Austrian Gasthof (guest house) that's waiting for us with open arms. This is the perfect retreat for relaxing and swapping stories, while feasting on authentic Austrian food and local beer prepared fresh on site.
Day Day 4 - Austrian Tyrol Wake up, peel open your curtains, and take in the magnificence of your view. If you're feeling lively you can jump onto a bike tour through green mountains and waterfalls. If you're feeling really lively you can go tandem paragliding. Not so lively? Stroll around and take in the incredible setting; drink endless hot chocolate, go up a mountain in a gondola or relax at our Gasthof.
Day Day 6 - Munich to Prague We'll say farewell to Munich and continue our journey in Munich. The capital of the Czech Republic is fast becoming one of the hottest spots on the European map, and today you find out why...We start with a walking tour of the ancient streets, covering the famous Charles Bridge, astronomical clock and St Vitus Cathedral. Later you could choose to Czech out (sorry) some of the local mini breweries on a craft beer tour and dine alfresco in the Old Town Square.
Day Day 7 - Prague Wake up and explore a UNESCO World Heritage city that’s begging you to come out to play. Roam pretty lanes and romantic courtyards, admiring the colourful baroque buildings and Gothic churches. Or shop for traditional bohemian treasures. Tonight join us for an authentic Czech evening complete with dumplings, goulash and plenty of local beer!
Day Day 9 - Berlin Today you'll have the chance to really uncover Berlin. You can opt to take a historical walking tour, including a visit to the site of Hitler's bunker. Otherwise, you're free to explore all the obscurities tucked away off the main street of Unter Den Linden, see the Brandenburg gate, discover nature at the Lustgarten, or catch the U-bahn to one of Berlin's quirky neighbourhoods. Or, if you skipped the historical walking tour this morning, there'll be the chance to join an alternative walking tour of the city, showing you a side of Berlin not often seen by tourists. And if you're looking for a night out, now is the perfect time to scope out one of those underground raves or cocktail-lounge-in-the-basement scenarios that Berlin is famous for.
Day Day 10 - Berlin to Amsterdam We’ll journey out of Germany today and travel through the gloriously flat Netherlands with Amsterdam in our sights.You can start your exploration of this city with an optional trip up the A’DAM tower where (if you’re brave enough to keep your eyes open) you’ll be treated to unparalleled views aboard ‘Over the Edge’, Europe’s highest swing. Later, enjoy an included dinner, knowing that afterwards there’s plenty of nightlife to keep you going until the early hours.
Day Day 11 - Amsterdam Opportunities in Amsterdam are infinite and the day is yours to explore one of the world’s most unique cities.The final night on our trip together means a chance to join a farewell dinner at the beautiful fishing village of Volendam and an opportunity to cruise the famous canals and revel under the city lights.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 May 2022 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 19 May 2022 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans