The Golden Ring - Classic Group, 2022 Classic Group
From 24/04/2022 to 29/09/2022
Choose between two carefully selected activitiesSuzdal: With your Local Expert visit the Saviour Monastery of St Euthymius, founded in 1352.
Suzdal: Meet an Orthodox Priest and learn about the ancient techniques of icon painting.
Alternatively, visit the Monastery of the Saviour St.
: Our Well-Being Directors take a proactive approach to your welfare ensuring all well-being regulations are met (available on tours with 21 or more guests).
: Experience enhanced hygiene protocols to align with the latest guidance following COVID-19.
All Travel Directors, Well-Being Directors and Drivers have completed training in enhanced well-being and hygiene protocols.
: We only work with establishments we are confident will consistently adhere to our high well-being standards, which include hotels, restaurants and sight-seeing venues.
: Hand sanitizer is freely available on board for you to use throughout the day.
Sergiev Posad: The main attraction is the famous Holy Trinity-St.
Among the colourful collection of churches here, visit the Assumption and Holy Trinity cathedrals.
Rostov: Explore the ivory towered Kremlin and the Museum of Enamel.
Yaroslavl: Visit the green-domed Church of Elijah the Prophet and the Holy Transfiguration Monastery.
Kostroma: During an orientation with your Travel Director see the fabulous Epiphany Cathedral.
Suzdal: With your Local Expert visit the Saviour Monastery of St Euthymius, founded in 1352.
Vladimir: Explore the Museum of Crystal and Varnished Miniatures.
Vladimir: See the Golden Gate and visit the five-domed Assumption Cathedral.
See the carved stone walls of the Cathedral of St.
Yaroslavl: In Yaroslavl, a delicious dinner is served.
Suzdal: Dine like a local as you enjoy an authentic lunch with a meal typical of the region.
Dining Summary: 4 Breakfast (B), 3 Dinner with Wine (DW), and 1 Lunch (L)Suzdal: Meet an Orthodox Priest and learn about the ancient techniques of icon painting.
Alternatively, visit the Monastery of the Saviour St.
Vladimir: Bring home your own version of the famous Russian souvenir after learning from a professional artist in a special Matryoshka doll-making workshop.
Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency.
We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
From time to time, your Travel Director will delight you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
You may purchase transfers from/to Moscow's Sheremetyevo and Domodedovo airports on arrival and departure days, or when additional night accommodation has been booked through Insight Vacations.
Alternatively, please make your own way from/to the airport.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - At 07:45 meet your Travel Director at the Radisson Collection Hotel, Moscow and depart for Sergiev Posad. Visit some of the colourful churches of the Holy Trinity-St. Sergius Lavra. Journey to Rostov-the-Great and explore its ivory towered Kremlin and the Museum of Enamel. Continue to Yaroslavl where a delicious dinner is served at a riverside restaurant.
Day 2 - During your sightseeing of Yaroslavl, see the domed Church of Elijah the Prophet and the Holy Transfiguration Monastery. Travel to Kostroma to see the fabulous Trinity Cathedral. Continue to charming Suzdal.
Day 3 - Explore Suzdal with Insight Choice. Choose to meet an Orthodox priest and learn about the ancient art of icon painting. Alternatively, visit the Monastery of the Saviour St. Ethimius. Dine like a local as you enjoy an authentic Home-hosted lunch with a meal typical of the region.
Day 4 - Journey to Vladimir to see the carved stone walls of the Cathedral of St. Demetrius, and visit the Museum of Crystal and Varnished Miniatures. Visit a Matryoska doll-making workshop and try your hand to decorate your own. Return to Moscow where you are at leisure for the rest of the day.
Day 5 - Departure transfers will arrive at Moscow's Sheremetyevo Airport at 05:00, 08:00 and 11:00 and at Moscow's Domodedovo Airport at 05:00, 10:00 and 13:00.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 January 2022 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 25 January 2022 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans