the Golden Ring - Small Group, 2023 Small Group
From 18/06/2023 to 17/08/2023
Additional Included Highlights.
Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency.
We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
From time to time, your Travel Director will delight you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
You may purchase transfers from/to Moscow's Sheremetyevo and Domodedovo airports on arrival and departure days, or when additional night accommodation has been booked through Insight Vacations.
Alternatively, please make your own way from/to the airport.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - To Sergiev Posad, Rostov-the-Great and to Yaroslavl At 07:45 meet your Travel Director at the Radisson Collection Hotel, Moscow and depart for Sergiev Posad. Visit some of the colourful churches of the Holy Trinity-St. Sergius Lavra. Journey to Rostov-the-Great and explore its ivory towered Kremlin and the Museum of Enamel. Continue to Yaroslavl where a delicious dinner is served at a riverside restaurant.
Day 2 - Kostroma and Suzdal Experience During your sightseeing of Yaroslavl, see the domed Church of Elijah the Prophet and the Holy Transfiguration Monastery. Travel to Kostroma to see the fabulous Trinity Cathedral. Continue to charming Suzdal.
Day 3 - Exploring Suzdal Explore Suzdal with Insight Choice. Choose to meet an Orthodox priest and learn about the ancient art of icon painting. Alternatively, visit the Monastery of the Saviour St. Ethimius. Dine like a local as you enjoy an authentic Home-hosted lunch with a meal typical of the region.
Day 4 - On to Vladimir and return to Moscow Journey to Vladimir to see the carved stone walls of the Cathedral of St. Demetrius, and visit the Museum of Crystal and Varnished Miniatures. Visit a Matryoska doll-making workshop and try your hand to decorate your own. Return to Moscow where you are at leisure for the rest of the day.
Day 5 - Farewell Moscow Departure transfers will arrive at Moscow's Sheremetyevo Airport at 05:00, 08:00 and 11:00 and at Moscow's Domodedovo Airport at 05:00, 10:00 and 13:00. Choice Highlights Choose between two carefully selected activities Suzdal: With your Local Expert visit the Saviour Monastery of St Euthymius, founded in 1352. Suzdal: Meet an Orthodox Priest and learn about the ancient techniques of icon painting.Alternatively, visit the Monastery of the Saviour St. Ethimius. Well-being : Our Well-Being Directors take a proactive approach to your welfare ensuring all well-being regulations are met (available on tours with 21 or more guests). : Experience enhanced hygiene protocols to align with the latest guidance following COVID-19.All Travel Directors, Well-Being Directors and Drivers have completed training in enhanced well-being and hygiene protocols. : We only work with establishments we are confident will consistently adhere to our high well-being standards, which include hotels, restaurants and sight-seeing venues. : Hand sanitizer is freely available on board for you to use throughout the day. Top Rated Highlights Sergiev Posad: The main attraction is the famous Holy Trinity-St. Sergius Lavra. Among the colourful collection of churches here, visit the Assumption and Holy Trinity cathedrals. Rostov: Explore the ivory towered Kremlin and the Museum of Enamel. Yaroslavl: Visit the green-domed Church of Elijah the Prophet and the Holy Transfiguration Monastery. Kostroma: During an orientation with your Travel Director see the fabulous Epiphany Cathedral. Suzdal: With your Local Expert visit the Saviour Monastery of St Euthymius, founded in 1352. Vladimir: Explore the Museum of Crystal and Varnished Miniatures. Vladimir: See the Golden Gate and visit the five-domed Assumption Cathedral. See the carved stone walls of the Cathedral of St. Demetrius. Authentic Dining Yaroslavl: In Yaroslavl, a delicious dinner is served. Suzdal: Dine like a local as you enjoy an authentic lunch with a meal typical of the region. Dining Summary: 4 Breakfast (B), 3 Dinner with Wine (DW), and 1 Lunch (L) Insight Experiences Suzdal: Meet an Orthodox Priest and learn about the ancient techniques of icon painting.Alternatively, visit the Monastery of the Saviour St. Ethimius. Vladimir: Bring home your own version of the famous Russian souvenir after learning from a professional artist in a special Matryoshka doll-making workshop.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 11 December 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans