Iberian Havens&French Charms - Barcelona To London
Day 1 - Barcelona, Spain Visit the magnificent Gothic cathedral and the amazing La Sagrada Familia, Antoni Gaudí's unfinished masterpiece. Enjoy the lovely Montjuic Gardens, Gaudí's other fabulous structures, the charming squares of the old Gothic Quarter and the Ramblas, Barcelona's famed downtown promenade. Or visit beautiful Montserrat and its monastery in a breathtaking setting high in the mountains.
Day 2 - Mediterranean Sea Cruising
Day 3 - Seville Spend a fabulous day in Seville visiting the magnificent cathedral, climbing the famed Giralda Tower and strolling through the gorgeous Alcazar and its gardens. See the ceramic-encrusted Plaza de España and stroll through the alleys of Barrio de Santa Cruz. Or explore the Andalusian wine country and Jerez, the home of sherry. Don't miss the charm of Cádiz with its gracious squares, its flower-filled parks on the city bastions and its bustling markets.
Day 4 - Lisbon, Portugal Visit the ornate Belem Tower and Jeronimos Monastery and stroll the narrow, winding streets of the charming Alfama district. Enjoy marvelous old Sintra, a royal country retreat, and Cascais, a beautiful seaside resort. Explore medieval Obidos or make a pilgrimage to Fatima, where the Virgin Mary appeared repeatedly to three shepherd children in 1917.
Day 5 - Oporto Explore picturesque, historic Oporto and the Vila Nova de Gaia quarter, home of its famed port wine industry. Or discover Portugal's scenic countryside and visit Guimaraes with its impressive medieval castle and beautiful Braga with its Bom Jesus Shrine and superb cathedral.
Day 6 - La Coruna, Spain See the famed Tower of Hercules, the still working 2nd century Roman lighthouse, and wander through this historic town of fine churches, old palaces, cobbled streets and unique fishermen's houses. Or spend the day in beautiful Santiago de Compostela, an important pilgrimage site renowned for its magnificent cathedral and superb architectural and cultural heritage.
Day 7 - Bilbao Bilbao is a charming city both modern and dynamic while at the same time, with its 700 years of history, it is quite traditional as well. Enjoy a walk around the Old Quarter, the most popular area of the city. Here you will see the Teatro Arriaga; el Arenal, the old stevedoring port and today one of the favorite promenades of the citizens of Bilbao; the San Nicholas Church; and the Cathedral of Santiago along with its cloister, Plaza Nueva. No visit to Bilbao would be complete without a visit to the architecturally stunning Guggenheim Museum, which is in and of itself a work of art.
Day 8 - Bordeaux Enjoy the city's visual feast of wonderful ornate buildings, broad avenues, marvelous squares and the Cathedral of St. André, where Eleanor of Aquitaine married Louis VII. Stroll through Old Bordeaux. Then visit the area's fabulous vineyards and magnificent châteaux and delight in tasting their superb wines.
Day 9 - Lorient Lying on an immense natural harbor formed by three rivers that flow into the Atlantic, Lorient nestles along the beautiful southern coast of Brittany. Once a base for French colonialism, Lorient boasts the Musée de la Compagnie des Indes, a museum displaying artifacts from 1660 to the end of the 18th century. Still, Lorient has a modern appearance, as it was thoroughly rebuilt after World War II. For a unique perspective of that time, visit the massive German submarine base.
Day 10 - St. Peter Port (Guernsey), United Kingdom Enjoy this charming port, its beautiful harbor, architecture and imposing castle. See the rugged countryside and take a walk along the extraordinary cliffs and down to the sea, where Renoir once admired the view. Or savor the landscape in a drive around the island past grazing Guernsey cows in rich pastures. Then visit artisans working with silver and gold. Learn about the German occupation during WWII, or tour Victor Hugo's house and absorb the spectacular view. Stroll through the lovely Candie Gardens on this island known for its flowers.
Day 11 - London (Southampton) Take a trip up to London and get a bird’s eye view of the city from the London Eye. See sights like Parliament, Westminster Abbey and Piccadilly. Stroll along Lower Regent Street or visit the British Museum.
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 17 May 2023 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..