Irish Inspiration - Belfast To Belfast
Day 1 - Belfast, Northern Ireland Delight in this vibrant city of ornate Victorian and Edwardian architecture, gracious gardens and friendly pubs. Thrill to the natural phenomenon of the Giants' Causeway, a stunning geological anomaly of tightly packed, uneven basalt columns disappearing into the sea, and the enigmatic ruins of Grey Abbey.
Day 2 - Dublin (Dun Laoghaire), Ireland The coastal suburb of Dún Laoghaire is popular for strolls on the East Pier, and locally caught fish and chips. The National Maritime Museum of Ireland has nautical art and artefacts inside a 19th-century sailors’ church, while the harbour is a busy hub for fishing, water sports and cruises. Nearby Sandycove is home to the James Joyce Tower and Museum, as well as the sheltered beach and bathing spot at Forty Foot.
Day 3 - Waterford Stroll through this 1,100-year-old Viking town and admire Rodney's Tower, still in use, and see the exquisite treasures in the museum. Visit the Waterford Crystal Visitors' Centre, where you can see how the artisans cut their famous designs. Or enjoy the beautiful Irish countryside as you pass majestic abbey ruins, stroll through quaint villages and see remnants of Viking heritage.
Day 4 - Cork (Cobh) Cheerful Cork sprawls about the River Lee in one of Ireland's most stunning settings. Bridges crisscross the city leading to landmarks like St. Anne's Church and the Old City Gaol, where you'll see the 19th century prisoners' graffiti. Make time to kiss the Blarney Stone in Blarney Castle.
Day 5 - Bantry Bantry is situated at the head of ancient Bantry Bay, which is renowned for being one of the most breathtaking vistas along Ireland’s coast. The picturesque town’s narrow lanes are filled with old-fashioned shops and restaurants that offer a taste of the region’s history and culture. In fact, Bantry has a history extending into Neolithic times when humans left their mark in locations such as Killnaruane. You can also discover the region’s past in Wolfe Tone Square and the famed Bantry House & Gardens, one of Ireland’s most renowned manors and the ancestral seat of the Earls of Bantry.
Day 6 - Galway From shopping and culture to castles and cliffs, the city of Galway and its surroundings offer a wide array of fascinating experiences. In town, visit An Taibdearc – the national Irish language theater of Ireland – or learn about the area’s history at the Galway City Museum. Venture into the countryside to take in the dramatic Cliffs of Moher, which are more than 700 feet high and home to 29 species of seabirds. Wrap up the day at a pub featuring traditional Irish music.
Day 7 - Killybegs, Ireland Donegal’s scenic fishing village, Killybegs is situated in a region marked by natural beauty and rich in Celtic heritage. Discover thatched Irish cottages and picturesque Gaeltacht villages, not to mention super fresh seafood and beautiful stretches of coastline with Blue Flag beaches. Get a sense of the town’s history and see the world’s largest hand-knotted loom at the former factory of Donegal Carpets, now known as Killybegs International Carpet Making & Fishing Centre. Nature lovers will want to head to hiking trails of dramatic Slieve League Mountains just west of Killybegs – those up for the adventure will be rewarded with stunning views of Donegal Bay, local wildlife and some of the highest sea cliffs in Europe.
Day 8 - Londonderry One of the oldest continuously inhabited places in Ireland, Londonderry traces its roots to the 6th century. Walls from the 17th century still fortify the city center where you will find St. Columb’s Cathedral, built in 1633. Take a stroll across the River Foyle on the newly constructed Peace Bridge, or enjoy gorgeous views of the Irish countryside on a visit to the Sperrin Mountains. The geological marvel known as the Giant’s Causeway lies just east of the city.
Day 9 - Belfast, Northern Ireland Delight in this vibrant city of ornate Victorian and Edwardian architecture, gracious gardens and friendly pubs. Thrill to the natural phenomenon of the Giants' Causeway, a stunning geological anomaly of tightly packed, uneven basalt columns disappearing into the sea, and the enigmatic ruins of Grey Abbey.
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 16 June 2023 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..