Wine Tasting, Sea Kayaking & Discovering Cape Town
From 15/07/2022 to 01/01/2023
: Swedish-born Emmy moved to Cape Town after marrying a South African, falling deeply in love with the Cape and everything around it.
Sharing her passion for wine, adventure and travel, Emmy will show you her city's main attractions and secret spots in 3 days, slotting in perfectly before any safari adventure.
Whether you're a wine lover, adventure lover or just love spectacular scenery, this 3-day excursion around Cape Town brings you the best of South Africa's cultural and natural beauty in one weekend.
Listed as one of the best spots in the world for whale watching, we'll kayak around the bay of Hermanus in search of the largest mammals on the planet, surrounded by playful Cape Fur Seals.
Start to understand South Africa’s complex Apartheid history with a tour of Robben Island, prison for 18 years to South African icon, Nelson Mandela.
Snap your best selfie on the canopy bridge in Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, and finally, watch the sunset over Table Mountain while sipping on the Cape’s finest wine in Stellenbosch.
Itinerary / more information
Day Day 1 - Cape Town Wamkelekile! We'll touch down in Cape Town, South Africa and head straight to Never@Home, our 5-star hostel in the heart of the city. With Clifton's Beaches, Green Point Park, the City Centre, Sea Point Promenade and Lion’s Head all within walking distance, you'll have the chance to spend the day exploring. Hike up Lion’s Head for 365-degree views of Cape Town, stroll the promenade at sunset or lay on one of Clifton’s four beaches, often rated in the world’s Top 10. Tonight we'll meet back at the hostel’s bar & grill, The Randy Warthog, for dinner - ready for the real adventures to begin tomorrow.
Day Day 2 - Cape Town After an included breakfast we’ll take the scenic route to Hermanus, a.k.a the whale-watching holiday capital of the world. A guided sea kayak trip will take us around Walker Bay where, for 6 months of the year, Southern Right Whales come to calf and nurse their newborns. For the rest of the year, having a chance to kayak among other whales, seals, penguins, dolphins, and other marine life will just have to do. Our exploration of the Cape continues through the beautiful Elgin Valley known for its orchards, vineyards, and mountainous scenery. Here we'll stop at one of its two most famous foodie spots - The Elgin Railway Market, an old Apple Warehouse converted into a steampunk food hall, or the Peregrine Farm Stall, offering delicious artisanal farm-produced foods. Either way, we'll leave with satiated appetites for the rest of the day. After working up a rare thirst, it’s time to taste some of the Cape’s finest wine around Stellenbosch. Three wine farms and tastings are on the menu as we meander the sweeping valleys between vineyards, spectacular views and glasses of wine. The evening will end at the vibey Camps Bay for cocktails and dinner to end an adventurous day exploring the Cape.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 09 July 2022 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 04 July 2022 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans