Eco Farm and Wilderness Retreat in the Okavango Delta - Detour Mini Adventure(Twin Share Room,Start Okavango Delta, End Okavango Delta)
From 05/01/2022 to 30/12/2022
Transfer in an open game viewer vehicle from Maun to your accomodation, the Tshilli Farm, in the Okavango DeltaLearn about life and activities on an eco-farm on an interactive walk with your host, AdiLearn about local herbs & spices in a cooking demonstration with the Tshilli Farm's on-site chefEco Farm Morning Game Drive of the Okavango Delta in Game-Viewer Vehicles (MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Experience)Cycle the mountain bike trails and explore the property on two wheelsTry your hand at 'poling' the waterways in a dugout Mokoro boatLearn even more about life and activities on an eco-farm on an interactive walk with your host, Adi.
Included meals: 2x BreakfastsYou’ll be safe in the hands of your professional Guides, whose knowledge of Africa and wildife will keep you enthralled throughout the duration of your trip.
Itinerary / more information
Day Day 2 - Okavango Delta Jump up at sunrise the next morning to grab some breakfast before our first big adventure with our host, Adi. Adi will take us on a morning game drive to see some of Botswana's wildest creatures (both small and large) in their natural habitat - and if we're lucky, we might even find a hippo-studded lagoon to stop next to for a cup of coffee and some biscuits. Back at the Tshilli Farm by late morning, we'll have time to relax by the pool or explore the property a little more. Lunch is at our own leisure and can be enjoyed wherever you find a comfortable spot. Meeting back with Adi in the early afternoon, we'll take a walk together through his farm, listening to his gardening philosophies, how he creates his own natural fertilizer and how to remove a python from the chicken coop! We'll also collect a selection of herbs and plants to use after our walk, when we'll gather in the kitchen for a unique type of cooking class - preparing herbal tinctures. Depending on what we gathered earlier, we'll create our own immune boosting power mix of herbs, spices, leaves and fruit, full of goodness, that Adi uses daily to keep both himself and his plants healthy. Once our potions are boiled and ready to take back with us, we'll head over to the bar for an evening drink. After a full day immersed in learning about the natural world, we'll unwind here around the fire before another chef-cooked meal again tonight.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 26 October 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 21 October 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans