From 14/08/2022 to 21/08/2022
1 Be My Guest.
1 Welcome Reception.
First class travel Highlights.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
Optional Experiences and free time.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Welcome to Paris Paris is yours to explore on this in-depth City Explorer. Check in to your centrally located hotel and spend the afternoon getting to know your surrounds. Wander through the leafy boulevards and winding lanes of the French capital, stopping for a leisurely caf? au lait while watching sophisticated Parisians go by. This evening, join your fellow travellers and Travel Director for a quintessentially Parisian Welcome Reception.
Day 2 - Paris and the Eiffel Tower Join your Travel Director this morning for a tour of this mesmerising city. View the grand Champs-?lys?es, Place de la Concorde and Arc de Triomphe, built by Napoleon in the 19th century. Delve into its hidden squares and secret passages, visiting one of Paris's most historic neighbourhoods and a favourite local haunt that remains a secret to outsiders. Next, you'll Dive Into Culture at Fragonard Parfumerie for a visit with a certified 'nose' who will guide you in the creation of your own unique fragrance. Later, you'll experience a true Parisian highlight. Ascend to the second level of the Eiffel Tower for incredible views of the city.
Day 3 - Consider an Optional D-Day Experience Spend the day soaking up the sights and sounds of this elegant European capital. Your Travel Director will suggest activities and attractions that will ensure a memorable day spent discovering Paris. You may wish to experience a full-day Optional Experience on the Normandy coast to uncover the poignant history of the D-Day Landings. Spend your evening at leisure exploring the city's glittering sights at night.
Day 4 - A Day to Explore Versailles Tread in the footsteps of French nobility and explore the opulence and splendour of Versailles. Join a Local Specialist who will guide you through the palace's extraordinary Hall of Mirrors and Battles Gallery. Stroll through the picturesque Royal Gardens and visit the Petit Trianon to see first-hand how the French Royal Family lived in private, before discovering Marie Antoinette's Hamlet. Return to Paris later for an evening at leisure. Perhaps connect with the pageantry of a traditional cabaret performance at the world-famous Moulin Rouge.
Day 5 - Experience the Marais and French Cuisine Explore the intriguing and beautiful Marais district on a walking tour. See the mansions and courtyards of this delightful corner of Paris. Then, Dive Into Culture, savouring the exquisite flavours of French cuisine as you meet a Parisian chef for an unforgettable lunch experience. Delve into local culinary secrets, and delicious flavours and aromas, which you will have an opportunity to create yourself and enjoy afterwards. Spend the rest of the day at leisure or consider visiting the greatest collection of Impressionist art in the world at the famous Orsay museum.
Day 6 - Enjoy Montmartre and the Louvre A leisurely start to our morning sees us take a private street trolley car back in time to the colourful hillside 'village' of Montmartre, home to the picturesque Sacr?-Coeur. Dive Into Culture as we tread in the footsteps of Picasso, Dali and Van Gogh, as you discover the hidden squares, artists' haunts and romantic hideaways along with ample time for shopping. Spend the rest of the day on your own embracing your inner bon vivant, before embarking on a special evening experience at the renowned Louvre museum. Enjoy the quiet atmosphere of the museum during this Small Group Sightseeing tour with your Local Specialist.
Day 7 - Paris Your Way Perhaps admire the exquisite collection of modern art in the Centres George Pompidou or enjoy an Optional Experience to the inspirational gardens of Monet at Giverny. This evening, Connect With Locals during a memorable Be My Guest experience and Farewell Dinner at Chez Paul, bringing you back to the Paris of the early 1900s.
Day 8 - Au Revoir Paris After breakfast, it's time to bid Paris au revoir as you prepare to return home after a memorable break in one of the world's greatest cities. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers. Sightseeing Highlights Explore Paris with a Local Specialist Visit the Eiffel Tower, Fragonard Parfumerie, the Royal Estate of Versailles including the Royal Palace, the Petit Trianon and Marie Antoinette's Hamlet 'Le Petit Hameau', the 'village' of Montmartre and the Louvre Museum View the Champs-?lys?es, the Paris Opera House, the Arc de Triomphe, the Place de la Concorde and Notre Dame Cathedral Connect With Locals Enjoy a Be My Guest experience Farewell Dinner at Chez Paul taking you back to the Paris of yesteryear. Experience a classic old style quintessentially Parisian Bistro, run by Daniel and his family. Dive into Culture The secrets of la cuisine are yours to discover and enjoy as you learn how to cook the Parisian way with a local chef. Dive into Culture Discover Paris on Parisian terms and see some of the city's hidden gems, including a behind the scenes tour of Montmartre to discover the secrets of the artists' quarter. Dive into Culture Create your own unique fragrance with a certified 'nose' at one of France's most famous perfumeries.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 25 May 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans