Best of Greece Reverse
From 15/04/2022 to 22/04/2022
1 Be My Guest.
1 Farewell Dinner.
1 Welcome Reception.
First class travel Highlights.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
Optional Experiences and free time.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Welcome to Athens Put the 'oh' in opa and embark on an unforgettable exploration of an ancient land of gods and goddesses, myths and legends. Your springboard to your spellbinding holiday is the vibrant capital of Athens, an effortless mix of ancient treasures and modern verve, which you will have an opportunity to explore after being transferred to your hotel. This evening, join your Travel Director and travel companions for a Welcome Reception, including a light meal and welcome drink.
Day 2 - Explore Amazing Athens Join your Local Specialist for a guided morning sightseeing tour to the ancient complex that was once the 'Cradle of Western Civilisation'. Along our journey into antiquity, we'll have an opportunity to explore the Acropolis with its treasures. We'll admire the Parthenon, dedicated to the goddess Athena, the Royal Palace, Temple of Zeus and the Agora, once the haunt of Socrates and Plato. Dive Into Culture and see remarkable displays of an ancient world during an included visit to the Acropolis Museum, and see Hadrian's Arch and the stadium where the first modern Olympics took place in 1896. The rest of the day is yours to enjoy on your own. Stroll through the Plaka, people-watch in Syntagma Square or go in search of the city's tastiest souvlaki - the choice is yours.
Day 3 - Off to Thermopylae and Kalambaka Say goodbye to Athens, and enjoy a scenic drive to Meteora, one of the largest and most important complexes of Eastern Orthodox monasteries in Greece. En route we have the chance to pay our respects to the heroic King Leonidas and his brave Spartans who stood their ground against the invading Persians. Cross the fertile Thessaly region, the 'bread basket of Greece' Later dine at your hotel in Kalambaka.
Day 4 - Admire Meteora and on to Delphi This morning visit two of the six monasteries built on sandstone rocks above the town with your Local Specialist. Travel over the Pourmaraki Pass and the Bralos mountain range to arrive in Delphi at the foothills of Mt. Parnassos, our home for the night.
Day 5 - Onwards to Patras and Ancient Olympia This morning, tour the breathtaking Delphi with your Local Specialist and see the site of the most important oracle in the classical world. Walk the Sacred Way to the Temple of Apollo dating from the 5th century. It was here that every four years athletes competed in the Pythian Games, dedicated to Apollo and the arts. Cross the Gulf of Corinth and head south to the Peloponnese before continuing to Olympia. This evening, we Connect With Locals joining the Karambellas family for dinner on their olive and wine farm at a Be My Guest experience featuring traditional dancing and characteristic Greek philoxenia.
Day 6 - Continue to Nafplion Meet your Local Specialist and spend the morning visiting the ancient Olympic site and museum and the Temples of Zeus and Hera - the wife of Zeus and one of the most important deities in Greek mythology. Arrive later in Nafplion where you will dine tonight at your hotel.
Day 7 - Journey to Mycenae, Corinth and Athens Visit the amphitheatre and view the Sanctuary of Aesculapius, the God of Medicine in Epidaurus with your Local Specialist. The rod of Aesculapius, a snake-entwined staff, remains the symbol of medicine to this day. In Mycenae - a mighty kingdom of ancient Greece and a military stronghold - see the Beehive Tombs (the Treasury of Atreus), the Lion Gate and the remains of Agamemnon's Royal Palace with your Local Specialist. Visit the ancient city of Corinth with your Local Specialist before crossing the mighty Corinth Canal en route to Athens. This evening enjoy a wonderful Farewell Dinner with you travelling companions.
Day 8 - Farewell Athens We say a fond farewell to our newfound friends and the treasures of Greece after an unforgettable journey. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers. Sightseeing Highlights Explore Athens, Meteora, Delphi, Olympia, Epidaurus, Mycenae, Corinth with a Local Specialist Visit the Acropolis and Museum in Athens, the incredible rock monasteries in Meteora, the home of the Oracle at Delphi, the Olympic Stadium in Olympia, the ancient Theatre at Epidaurus and the ancient ruins in Corinth View the Parthenon, the Agora, Royal Palace and Temple of Zeus in Athens, the battle site at Thermopylae, the ancient theatre, Sanctuary of Asclepius at Epidaurus See the Lion Gate, Agamemnon's Palace at Mycenae, the Corinth Canal Connect With Locals Say opa! to an Olympic Be My Guest experience with the Karambellas family on their olive and wine farm, followed by a traditional dinner and dancing. Dive Into Culture Visit the Acropolis Museum containing remarkable antiquities giving visitors an insight into the lives of Athenians centuries ago.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 02 December 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans