Gladiators Gondolas and Gold
From 08/07/2022 to 17/07/2022
1 Be My Guest.
1 Farewell Lunch.
1 Kickoff Party.
1 Regional Dinner.
First class travel Highlights.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
Optional Experiences and free time.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Welcome to Rome Ciao Roma! Feast your eyes and your stomach on the 'Eternal City' - the launch pad for an unforgettable adventure with la famiglia. Tread in the footsteps of the ancients before meeting with your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Kickoff Party that will rock Rome.
Day 2 - Explore Ancient Rome and the Vatican City Join a Local Specialist to delve into centuries of history and culture, including a guided tour of the Vatican Museums. Gaze up at the wonder of Michelangelo's frescoed ceiling in the Sistine Chapel and explore the Catholic shrine of St. Peter's Basilica. Venture across the Tiber to the Colosseum, imagining a time when brave warriors fought to the thunderous roar of thousands.
Day 3 - Venture to a Gladiator School Book your spot on the podium. It's time for Family Fun as you become a gladiator for the day. You'll learn how to wield a gladiator's sword and gain insights into military techniques with an expert. This afternoon, you'll have some free time to explore the city with the family. Perhaps count the Spanish Steps or toss a coin into the Trevi Fountain to secure your speedy return to Rome. Then it's time for a cheesy Family Fun affair as we Dive Into Culture and learn how to make authentic Italian pizza, sharing a tasty slice or two of our culinary masterpieces with our loved ones.
Day 4 - Enjoy Pisa and on to Florence Set your watch to Italian time and embark on a scenic drive north through Tuscany's golden fields. Stop in Pisa to visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site Piazza del Duomo to snap a selfie in front of the famous Leaning Tower. Carry on to the Renaissance city of Florence, our home for the next three nights.
Day 5 - Discover Art and Architecture in Florence The exquisite sights of Florence are brought to life on a walking tour in the expert company of a Local Specialist. See the magnificent Gothic Duomo and famous Baptistery before marvelling at Michelangelo's statue of David at the Academy of Fine Arts. Learn about the quality and workmanship of two of this city's historic industries at demonstrations of Florentine leathercraft and 18-carat gold. Where better to Dive Into Culture and indulge in a refreshing gelato than in the city where it was invented? Tonight we Connect With Locals joining Count Miari Fulcis and his family for a Be My Guest experience, enjoying delicious specialities against the backdrop of picture-perfect olive groves and vineyards on their 15th-century estate in the Tuscan hills. Salute!
Day 6 - Florence Your Way You have a full day at leisure to enjoy this remarkable Renaissance city. Florence is a living museum that you can explore on foot. Perhaps join an Optional Experience to the 'Town of Towers' - San Gimignano.
Day 7 - Venture to Bologna and Onwards to Venice Stop and smell the rich aromas of Bolognese sauce, spending the morning with a Local Specialist to explore the medieval city of Bologna. Then it's just a hop, skip and a jump to the island city of Venice. Discover the 'Queen of the Adriatic' from the comfort of one of its traditional gondolas on an Optional Experience.
Day 8 - Experience Venice's Food Market Cruise to bustling St. Mark's Square on a private launch. View the exquisite Doge's Palace, St. Mark's Basilica and the Campanile and the famous Bridge of Sighs, so named for the sound condemned prisoners made at catching their last glimpse of beautiful Venice. We then Dive Into Culture and witness first-hand the exquisite tradition of Venetian glassblowing. Your MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Experience helps to support the preservation of this precious Venetian tradition for generations to come. You'll learn how this once-thriving Venetian art is being kept alive by talented glassmakers who delight in working their magic to craft the stunning treasures for which Venice is justifiably famous. Time for Family Fun as you learn about the art of crafting Carnival masks, decorating your own masks with enough paint, feathers and glitter to rival even the most elaborate masks seen at the annual event. This afternoon, consider an Optional Experience to the colourful island of Burano for a delicious meal.
Day 9 - Experience Venice's Food Market Navigating the bustling canals to the Rialto Bridge, we embrace the sights and sounds of Venice from the water before we Dive Into Culture and savour the flavours of Italy during a visit to a traditional food market. We delve into the hidden highlights of Venice during a Small Group Sightseeing walking tour, working up an appetite for our Farewell Lunch at a local restaurant.
Day 10 - Journey Home Our unforgettable journey together has come to an end. All that's left to say is a hearty arrivederci as you prepare to return home with fantastic shared memories. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers. Sightseeing Highlights VIP Admission to the Vatican Museums Explore Rome, Florence, Bologna and Venice with a Local Specialist Discover Pisa Visit St. Peter's Basilica, the Sistine Chapel, the Colosseum in Rome, the Academy of Fine Arts and a gelateria in Florence and a glassblowing factory in Venice View the ancient sites of Rome, Santa Croce Basilica and the Duomo in Florence, the Leaning Tower of Pisa and St. Mark's Basilica in Venice Scenic Cruise by private launch to St. Mark's Square Family Fun Discover the great Venetian tradition of Carnival masks and paint and decorate your own. Family Fun Experience life as a gladiator with an included visit to a Gladiator School in Rome. Family Fun A cooking experience with all the trimmings! Learn how to make tasty Italian pizza from an expert and then share your masterpiece with the family. Connect With Locals Enjoy a local Tuscan Be My Guest dinner with Count Miari Fulcis on his 15th-century organic olive oil estate in the Tuscan hills, used as a location for many famous films like 'Room with a View' and 'Tea with Mussolini'. Dive into Culture Witness the exquisite craft of glassblowing, a delicate tradition that generations of Venetian craftsmen have perfected over the centuries. Dive Into Culture Indulge in an Italian gelato at a local gelateria in Florence. Dive Into Culture Savour the vibrant atmosphere of Venice during a visit to a traditional food market in the shadow of the famous Rialto Bridge. MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Learn about the history and ancient skill of Venetian glassblowing, playing your role in ensuring the survival of this traditional craft through your visit.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 08 July 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans