Shamrocks and Leprechauns
From 09/04/2023 to 19/09/2023
1 Be My Guest.
1 Farewell Dinner.
1 Kickoff Party.
First class travel Highlights.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Ferry across the Shannon estuary.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
Optional Experiences and free time.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Welcome to Dublin You're in for a grand time on this family jaunt through the 'Emerald Isle', which begins in Dublin. Explore the lively Irish capital with your clan in tow before meeting your Travel Director and fellow travellers this afternoon for a Kickoff Party and sightseeing tour with your Local Specialist. View St. Patrick's Cathedral, the stately Georgian Squares and Trinity College.
Day 2 - Journey to Coastal County Down No need to follow the rainbow for this morning's chance encounter with Ireland's lucky little people. Visit the home of the last remaining leprechauns with a Local Specialist and learn how your belief in their existence keeps them alive. Journey to County Down, arriving at the Slieve Donard Resort and Spa, one of Trafalgar's Stays With Stories and your home for the night. Spend the afternoon at leisure strolling along the waterfront or relaxing at the pool of this lovingly maintained Victorian hotel, where you will also enjoy dinner tonight.
Day 3 - Onwards to Colourful Belfast It's time for some Family Fun to play the 'Game of Thrones'. After a leisurely start to your day, head to the 'Winterfell Castle Archery Range' movie set for behind-the-scenes insights into this award-winning series. Dress in costumes from the program and try your hand at shooting medieval arrows using ancient bows. Snap a selfie or two, then head to Belfast, your home for the next two nights, where you'll delve into the crossroads of British and Irish culture during an introductory sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist. See the Queen's University, then admire the colourful murals that line the city streets, an enduring symbol of Northern Ireland, depicting the region's political and religious divisions.
Day 4 - A Day at the Giant's Causeway Tread in the footsteps of Finn MacCool - his geometric Giant's Causeway is more the stuff of legends than the result of ancient volcanic activity which left its mark on the northern Irish coast, a significant MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Experience. Admire the 40,000 interlocking basalt columns that fade into the sea, then see the enchanting tunnel of the Dark Hedges. Your visit will help to conserve this iconic landmark. After a day of myths, legends and Hollywood blockbusters, consider tucking into an optional Fish and Chips pub dinner.
Day 5 - Journey to Londonderry and Seaside Sligo Dive Into Culture at the Titanic Belfast Experience and gain a new perspective into the world's most famous ship and the tragedy that befell it. Then, journey to Londonderry, where we join a Local Specialist who will take us on a stroll along its ancient walls. We continue to Sligo, where we'll dine in our hotel tonight.
Day 6 - Discover Galway and Limerick We Connect With Locals and join the Feeneys on their sheep farm located on the edge of the scenic Wild Atlantic Way. Martin will teach you the art of sheepdog handling and you'll learn about the role and use of wool on the farm. You may even get to cuddle puppies at this Be My Guest experience with this warm couple. Later, we travel to Galway and enjoy an orientation tour before continuing to Limerick. This evening, consider an Optional Experience to Bunratty Folk Park or the Knappogue Medieval Banquet.
Day 7 - Admire the Cliffs of Moher and on to Killarney Visit the UNESCO-listed Cliffs of Moher, a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Experience you'll never forget as you gaze across the wild Atlantic all the way to the Aran Islands if the weather is good. You'll visit the Cliffs of Moher Visitor Centre and watch how the extraordinary natural phenomenon comes to life from the perspective of the wildlife that find sanctuary here. Soar above the cliffs like the curious-looking Atlantic Puffins you'll see while you're here, and dive beneath the surface of the water to see the ancient sediment that have given rise to this towering treasure on the County Clare coastline. Enchanted by the irresistible beauty of this special place, you'll travel to the Flying Boat Museum in Foynes, where you'll Dive Into Culture as you board a replica Boeing 314 to experience life as a passenger of a bygone era when this was the last stop before crossing the Atlantic by air. Enjoy dinner at your hotel this evening.
Day 8 - Explore the Ring of Kerry Admire Ireland's enduring scenic beauty on one of the most beautiful drives in the world. Circling the spectacular Ring of Kerry, we see mountains, valleys, lakes and sea blend into a landscape that has inspired writers and poets for centuries. The afternoon is free to explore Killarney on your own.
Day 9 - Return to Lively Dublin Visit Blarney Castle and secure your 'gift of the gab' after kissing its Blarney Stone, then journey through the lush landscapes and counties to the capital, Dublin. Our shamrock shenanigans nearing their end, we join our fellow travellers and Travel Director for a rousing Farewell Dinner. We board a canal barge tonight to reminisce over the fun we've had with our family and newfound friends.
Day 10 - Farewell Ireland For now, it's time to say a fond sl?n abhaile to your fellow travellers as you close the curtain on an unforgettable journey through the 'Emerald Isle'. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers. Sightseeing Highlights Explore Dublin, Belfast and Londonderry with a Local Specialist Discover Limerick and County Galway Visit Winterfell Castle, the Giant's Causeway, Titanic Experience in Belfast and the Flying Boat Museum in Foynes View King John's Castle in Limerick See St. Patrick's Cathedral and the Georgian Squares in Dublin and St. Mary's Cathedral in Limerick Scenic Drive of the Ring of Kerry Family Fun Become a medieval archer... dress the part and try your hand at hitting the bullseye. Connect With Locals On the edge of the Wild Atlantic Way visit the Feeney's sheep farm, where you'll learn about life on the farm before a Be My Guest morning tea. Stays with Stories County Down's Slieve Donard Resort and Spa features Victorian architecture and a beautiful coastal landscape. Dive Into Culture Discover the full story of the Titanic at the Titanic Belfast visitor attraction and monument in Belfast. Dive Into Culture Visit Foynes Flying Boat Museum, the only dedicated flying boat museum in the world, to gain insight into the rich history of aviation. MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Help preserve the Cliffs of Moher for generations to come and learn about its extraordinary geology, history and the species that find sanctuary in its nooks and crannies. MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) In Northern Ireland you'll discover the legend of the Giant's Causeway as you explore with an expert, who'll explain how your visit helps conserve this iconic natural landmark.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 May 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans