From 06/11/2022 to 01/04/2023
1 Be My Guest.
1 Welcome Reception.
First class travel Highlights.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Ferry across the Shannon estuary.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
Optional Experiences and free time.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Welcome to the Emerald Isle Tread in the footsteps of James Joyce and Oscar Wilde, through the lyrical streets of Dublin - your launch pad to a memorable encounter with Ireland's iconic highlights. After a leisurely morning, meet a Local Specialist for a sightseeing tour with views of Trinity College, St. Patrick's Cathedral and the stately Georgian Squares. Indulge in a little Irish craic this evening, joining your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception.
Day 2 - Onwards to Galway and Limerick We journey to Galway, the 'City of Tribes', where we'll see its stone cathedral on the banks of the Corrib and spend some free time exploring its colourful fa?ades. Irish traditions and heritage are explored next, during a visit to Bunratty Castle and its Folk Park, a living history museum that reveals insights into life in Ireland during the 18th and 19th centuries. Continue on to Limerick, for an orientation tour to view the 13th-century King John's Castle overlooking the Shannon.
Day 3 - Experience the Iconic Cliffs of Moher and on to Killarney We leave Limerick and stop for a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Experience at the spectacular Cliffs of Moher on the famous 'Wild Atlantic Way'. You'll feel like you've gone back to an ancient time as you gaze across the water, all the way to the Aran Islands if the weather is good. Visit the interactive visitor centre where this incredible UNESCO-listed natural phenomenon comes to life in a way you would not get to see with your own eyes. You'll watch enchanted how the curious-looking Atlantic Puffins take sanctuary in the cliffs and go beneath the surface to see how the sediment has stacked up over 300 million years to create this towering backdrop. Inspired by the irresistible beauty of this special place, you'll continue to your hotel in Killarney with a scenic drive to the ferry departure point and journey across the Shannon Estuary. Our home for the next two nights is the colourful little town of Killarney.
Day 4 - A Scenic Day on the Ring of Kerry Circle the spectacular Ring of Kerry - its emerald green hills, centuries-old stone villages and vivid blue seascapes provide a soul-stirring backdrop for our leisurely drive around a beautiful coastline that has inspired writers and poets for centuries. We'll see Daniel O'Connell's Cahirciveen, the coastal village of Waterville, Moll's Gap and the Black Valley, renowned for being the last place in Ireland to get electricity and telephone networks.
Day 5 - Explore Blarney and Journey to Waterford Cross the rugged Kerry Mountains and travel to Blarney Castle to kiss the stone and acquire the 'gift of the gab'. Continue to Waterford, where we will have dinner at our hotel.
Day 6 - Through County Wicklow's Countryside to Dublin Dive Into Culture and witness the centuries-old tradition of crafting fine glass at the House of Waterford Crystal. Here we will watch the talented master craftsmen in their workshop creating exquisite pieces. Our next stop is in the town of New Ross, where we'll see the monument to John F. Kennedy who travelled to his ancestral family hometown in 1963. We'll visit the three-masted famine ship Dunbrody and Dive Into Culture yet again, gaining insights into the tragic plight of the Irish emigrants who fled the potato famine during the 1800s. Continuing through County Wexford and the lush countryside of County Wicklow, we journey to Dublin stopping en route at Glenealy Farmhouse. We'll Connect With Locals over a Be My Guest Farewell Dinner and meet the Fulvio family.
Day 7 - Farewell Ireland For now, it's time to say a fond sl?n abhaile to your fellow travellers as you close the curtain on an unforgettable journey through the 'Emerald Isle'. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers. Sightseeing Highlights Explore Dublin with a Local Specialist Discover Galway, Limerick and Waterford Visit Bunratty Folk Park, the Cliffs of Moher, Blarney to kiss the stone and gain the 'gift of the gab', the Crystal Showroom at Waterford and the famine ship in New Ross View St. Patrick's Cathedral in Dublin and King John's Castle in Limerick See the Cathedral of Galway and St. Mary's Cathedral in Limerick Scenic Cruise across the Shannon Estuary Scenic Drive of the Ring of Kerry Connect With Locals Traditional Irish fare with an Italian twist is served up at Glenealy House near Dublin with the charming Fulvio family on hand to share their story. Dive into Culture Learn how crystal is crafted at the House of Waterford Crystal during a workshop tour. Dive into Culture Explore the tragic history of Ireland's famine emigration at the Dunbrody Famine Ship Experience, a replica of one of the original ships used in the 1800s. MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Help preserve the Cliffs of Moher for generations to come and learn about its extraordinary geology, history and the species that find sanctuary in its nooks and crannies.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 02 July 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans