Treasures of France Including Normandy
From 29/04/2023 to 07/10/2023
1 Be My Guest.
1 Farewell Dinner.
1 Welcome Reception.
First class travel Highlights.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Optional Experiences and free time.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Bonjour Paris Bienvenue! The 'City of Lights' welcomes you as you prepare to embark on an unforgettable journey through France. Join your fellow travellers and Travel Director this evening for a Welcome Reception and orientation drive to admire the glittering cityscape of Paris - past grand boulevards and iconic sites like the Champs-?lys?es and the Arc de Triomphe.
Day 2 - Admire Normandy's Colourful Honfleur and the Bayeux Tapestry This morning, we depart Paris and venture to the city of Rouen, the tragic site where Joan of Arc was burnt at the stake. We travel to the enchanting harbour town of Honfleur - its narrow lanes and colourful shopfronts have long attracted artists who have immortalised its beauty on canvas. Arriving in Bayeux, we visit the Tapestry Museum. Here you'll Dive Into Culture and see the Bayeux Tapestry, depicting events before and during the Battle of Hastings in 1066. This evening, we dine at our hotel.
Day 3 - Explore the D-Day Landing Beaches We begin the day visiting the American Rangers Memorial at Pointe du Hoc. Pay tribute to the brave souls who lost their lives on the D-Day Landing Beaches of Omaha, imagining the sense of terror and triumph felt the fateful day that Allied forces set foot on mainland Europe. We stop for lunch in the seaside setting of Arromanches, once at the heart of the Normandy landings, before visiting the D-Day Museum to learn about the artificial harbour used by the Allies. Finish the day on the beaches of Juno, where the Canadian forces came ashore in 1944.
Day 4 - Journey to Picturesque Mont-Saint-Michel Travel through Bocage country to the UNESCO World Heritage-listed bay of the Mont St Michel. Spend a leisurely afternoon here admiring the ever-changing natural backdrop to the rocky island and its medieval abbey, or perhaps join an Optional Experience to Brittany's Emerald Coast jewel of Saint Malo, where you can walk the ramparts and learn about the historic walled port city from a Local Specialist. Tonight we dine at our hotel.
Day 5 - Continue to the Beautiful Loire Valley This morning, we'll join a Local Specialist and explore Mont-Saint-Michel, then tour the impressive medieval Benedictine Abbey. Legend has it, the abbey was built after the Archangel Michael appeared to the Bishop of Avranches inspiring him to build a church atop the island. Journey through the scenic countryside, stopping to Connect With Locals at a lunch with wine in a 17th-century ch?teau during a Be My Guest experience set within beautiful gardens. We journey to the Loire Valley, where we will spend the next two nights. You'll enjoy a perfect stop at Caves Duhard where we'll Dive Into Culture and enjoy the very best of Touraine vintages, learning bout the five generations of Duhard family who've had a hand in its creation.
Day 6 - Discover the Stunning French Ch?teaux We spend our day admiring the beautiful ch?teaux of the Loire Valley and join a Local Specialist for a visit to the Amboise Royal Ch?teau. It is here that King Fran?ois I hosted Leonardo da Vinci, whose tomb now lies in the Chapel of Saint-Hubert adjoining the ch?teau. We continue with a visit to Ch?teau de Chenonceau, built on the Cher River. The ch?teau is often referred to as the 'Ladies Castle', due to the many women who influenced its construction and development. Today it contains priceless collections, including Renaissance furniture, tapestries and masterpieces by Rubens and Tintoretto.
Day 7 - Continue to Chartres and Paris Our first stop today is the town of Chartres and its beautiful Roman Catholic cathedral, regarded as one of the most authentic and complete works of religious architecture from the early 13th century. We journey back to Paris this afternoon and spend the rest of our day in the 'City of Lights' with free time to take in some of the sights. Celebrate with your Travel Director and newfound friends this evening at a Farewell Dinner with local wines at a Parisian bistro.
Day 8 - Farewell Paris For now it's time to say a fond au revoir to France and your fellow travellers at the end of a memorable trip. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers. Sightseeing Highlights Explore Mont-Saint-Michel and Ch?teaux of the Loire Valley with a Local Specialist Discover Paris, Rouen, Honfleur, Bayeux and the Loire Valley View the Champs-??lys?es, the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe in Paris Visit the Bayeux Tapestry, the Normandy D-Day Landing Beaches of Omaha and Juno, the monastery of Mont-Saint-Michel, the Ch?teaux of Amboise and Chenonceau and Chartres cathedral Connect With Locals Walk among the wild hyacinths in the beautiful gardens of the 17th-century Chateau d'Eporce, during a Be My Guest lunch. Enjoy home-cooked dishes created by the resident culinary expert, Lydia. Dive Into Culture Learn all about the centuries-old tradition of wine trading originating from the troglo cave dwellings that have been at the heart of wine in the Touraine region since the 16th century. Dive Into Culture Explore the 11th-century Bayeux Tapestry telling the story of Norman conquests and the Battle of Hastings so many centuries ago.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 08 July 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans