From 14/11/2022 to 01/04/2023
1 Be My Guest.
1 Welcome Reception.
First class travel Highlights.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
All transport and transfers shown.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
Optional Experiences and free time.
Pick-up and drop-off when you stay at the Trafalgar recommended London hotel, booked through Trafalgar.
The services of a Trafalgar Local Host when you stay at Trafalgar's recommended London hotel.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Journey to Stonehenge, Bath and Cardiff Experience first-hand what's 'great' about Great Britain on this mesmerising sojourn past the peaks of Wales and the rolling hills and lush farmlands of England to 'bonnie' Scotland. We kick-start our adventure in the cosmopolitan capital of London, heading west to visit Stonehenge's stone monoliths, whose centuries-old myths have yet to be fully revealed. The elegant Georgian architecture of Bath takes centre stage during our visit to this famous spa town. Here, we'll see the Abbey and visit the Roman Baths, before crossing the Severn Estuary to Cardiff. Delve into the proud culture and heritage of the Welsh as you embark on an orientation of the city to see the Principality Stadium and Cardiff Castle, in the heart of the city. Tonight, we celebrate the beginning of an epic adventure through Great Britain at a Welcome Reception.
Day 2 - Through the Scenic Countryside to Liverpool The half-timbered Tudor houses of Ludlow feature today on our exploration of this market town with its medieval walls and historic castle. We journey north through the Shropshire Hills and Cheshire landscapes to the bold British city of Liverpool, hometown of the 'Fab Four'. Saunter through its edgy 'Scouse' streets and perhaps visit The Cavern Club, where the Beatles once played, during your evening at leisure.
Day 3 - Venture to the Romantic Lake District and on to Edinburgh The enchanting views of Britain's Lake District provide a scenic backdrop for our drive north to Scotland. Skirt the romantic shores of Lake Windermere and enjoy views that inspired literary greats like William Wordsworth. We stop at the runaway wedding capital that is Gretna Green where 'Blacksmith Priests' would marry couples over the Marriage Anvil. Later, we arrive in enchanting Edinburgh - our home for the next two nights.
Day 4 - Discover Edinburgh's Treasures Ramble up the Royal Mile in the mesmerising medieval city of Edinburgh, where you'll join a Local Specialist on an included city sightseeing tour. Stroll through the Old Town and view Arthur's Seat and the Palace of Holyroodhouse, for centuries the seat of the kings and queens of the Scots. Visit Edinburgh Castle perched atop Castle Rock overlooking the city. Spend the rest of the day exploring Auld Reekie's medieval relics and elegant Georgian and Gothic fa?ades on your own, or join your Travel Director on an Optional Experience to visit the Royal Yacht Britannia.
Day 5 - Explore Hadrian's Wall and Onwards to York Trace the northern frontier of the Roman Empire at Hadrian's Wall before crossing the River Tyne and venturing south to the ancient cathedral city of York, whose origins hark back to Roman times. Walk along the famous Shambles and view York Minster, one of the greatest cathedrals in the world. This evening we Connect With Locals, joining a family in York for a home-cooked Be My Guest Farewell Dinner and some hearty British hospitality.
Day 6 - Admire Stratford-upon-Avon and return to London Delve into the fascinating story of Shakespeare's life at his Birthplace and Visitor Centre in Stratford-upon-Avon, and view Anne Hathaway's thatched cottage. We return to London this evening where our memorable encounter with Britain's icons comes to an end. Sightseeing Highlights Explore Edinburgh with a Local Specialist Discover Bath, Cardiff, Liverpool and York Visit Stonehenge, the Roman Baths in Bath, the Tudor town of Ludlow, Gretna Green, Edinburgh Castle, and Shakespeare's Birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon View Bath Abbey, Cardiff Castle, the Lake District's magnificent scenery, Hadrian's Wall, York Minster, and Anne Hathaway's thatched cottage See the Principality Stadium in Cardiff, and the Palace of Holyroodhouse in Edinburgh Tickets for the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo are included on departures that coincide with performance dates Connect With Locals Enjoy a traditional British Be My Guest dinner hosted by a local family in the dining room of either their elegant town house in the city or in their impressive country house overlooking picturesque scenery in the Vale of York.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 12 August 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans