Greek Islands & Malta
Day 1 - Rome (Civitavecchia) Civitavecchia was settled in 108 A.D. by the Emperor Trajan and has since served faithfully as a gateway to the capital of the Empire—Rome. Once the center of the Ancient World from which emperors ruled over nearly all of western civilization, Rome is still a cultural mecca. Stroll the ancient halls of the Colosseum or gaze upon the ceilings of the Sistine Chapel.
Day 2 - At sea
Day 3 - Katakolon This small port on the Ionian coast is your gateway to ancient Olympia, the home of the original Olympic Games. Olympia has preserved both athletic and mythological monuments, many dating back to 776 BC. Most intriguing is the stadium, which is still standing, and the gymnasium. The museum also offers a peek at fabulous Greek sculptures.
Day 4 - Santorini Here on the island of Santorini, you’ll find a classic Greek seascape—whitewashed houses accented by sea-blue roofs. This is a treasure trove for both professional and amateur archeology buffs, with sites that include tombs that date back to the 9th century and the sanctuary of Apollo.
Day 5 - Mykonos Mykonos is known for its whitewashed villages sprinkled with blue and jade green. It’s also famous for its sophisticated nightlife. The most popular island in the Cyclades is bustling with activity, awash in beautiful alleyways, and home to alluring sandy beaches.
Day 6 - Rhodes Rhodes, the friendliest city in the Mediterranean, is situated at the island’s northernmost point. This sunny retreat is also home to many historic sites, such as the ruins of the Temple of Venus and the medieval Street of Knights.
Day 7 - Athens (Lavrion) As the capital of Greece and one of Europe’s most bustling cities, Athens is powered by 5,000 years of history. At night, the city of Athens glows from afar, light reflecting off the ancient ruins. Today travelers flock from around the world to experience its history while on cruises from Athens. After all, the art, theatre, architecture, and philosophy of Athens had ripple effects through the fabric of entire civilizations. Take in thousands of years of history through timeless excursions while on taking a cruise from Athens. The departure port of Piraeus is one of the busiest commercial ports in the world, servicing many Mediterranean cruises, and sits on a natural, sandy bay where local Athenians often relax on summer weekends. Piraeus offers travelers stopping through on their Greek island cruises from Athens opportunity to explore, shop, and eat traditional Greek dishes. A Greek island cruise from Athens wouldn’t be complete without seeing the metropolis’ major sites—the unforgettable Acropolis, the Parthenon, a hike up Mount Lycabettus, or tours of museums containing antiquity’s greatest treasures dating back to the 5th century BC. Though Athens is a city of ruins, it’s the very essence of modern Greece.
Day 8 - At sea
Day 9 - Valletta In addition to a number of significant works of art, this town is known for the many fortifications built by the Knights of Malta, who for years helped care for European pilgrims and crusaders en reoute to and from the Holy Land.
Day 10 - At sea
Day 11 - Barcelona Formerly a sleepy Spanish city, Barcelona has recently been reborn as an eclectic fusion of the modern and medieval. Seek inspiration from the creations of its modernist architect, Antonio Gaudí, or the Picasso Museum. Or, take in the breathtaking cathedrals in the Gothic Quarter.
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 06 September 2023 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..