Greece, Italy & France
Day 1 - Athens (Piraeus) Your adventure in Athens begins five miles southwest in Greece's largest seaport, known as Piraeus. While here, be sure to take notice of what is considered to be one of the greatest contributions from the ancient Age of Pericles, the city's infrastructure, which today we know as a city block.
Day 2 - Mykonos Mykonos is known for its whitewashed villages sprinkled with blue and jade green. It’s also famous for its sophisticated nightlife. The most popular island in the Cyclades is bustling with activity, awash in beautiful alleyways, and home to alluring sandy beaches.
Day 3 - Santorini Here on the island of Santorini, you’ll find a classic Greek seascape—whitewashed houses accented by sea-blue roofs. This is a treasure trove for both professional and amateur archeology buffs, with sites that include tombs that date back to the 9th century and the sanctuary of Apollo.
Day 4 - At sea
Day 5 - Valletta In addition to a number of significant works of art, this town is known for the many fortifications built by the Knights of Malta, who for years helped care for European pilgrims and crusaders en reoute to and from the Holy Land.
Day 6 - At sea
Day 7 - Rome (Civitavecchia) Civitavecchia was settled in 108 A.D. by the Emperor Trajan and has since served faithfully as a gateway to the capital of the Empire—Rome. Once the center of the Ancient World from which emperors ruled over nearly all of western civilization, Rome is still a cultural mecca. Stroll the ancient halls of the Colosseum or gaze upon the ceilings of the Sistine Chapel.
Day 8 - Florence/Pisa (La Spezia) La Spezia, Italy is a stunning town not far from some of Italy’s most famous cities like Pisa, Genoa and Florence. Historically, La Spezia was a prominent trade center during the Roman Empire. Today it remains not only one of Italy’s busiest port towns, but also home to the country’s largest naval base. As a stop on a Cinque Terre cruise, La Spezia is convenient, centrally located, and a little underrated. The city is a major stop for a variety of Mediterranean cruises, and passengers often continue on to Ligurian cities like Cinque Terre, Pisa, or Genoa from La Spezia. Cinque Terre is merely a thirty minute westbound train from Stazione La Spezia Centrale, making it easy to explore the port of call and surrounding areas in a day or half-day excursion. Florence, too, is just two hours away—start your day on the coast of the Ligurian Sea and end the day looking up in awe at the Gothic-style Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore. From the La Spezia cruise port, you’ll have a view of commercial and passenger ships coming and going from the port’s plentiful canals and inlets. Don’t miss views of the Apuan Alps and Cinque Terre to the west. On your Cinque Terre cruise, the opportunities are plentiful to explore inland cities and seaside towns alike.
Day 9 - Nice (Villefranche), France Nice cruises take you to the gorgeous southern coast of France. When your ship pulls into the port of Villefranche (the gateway port for Nice), you’ll be right in the middle of this beloved part of the European coastline known as the French Riviera. Travelers on Villefranche cruises will get the opportunity to head into Nice or head on an excursion to the French cities and towns of Cannes, Eze, St. Paul de Vence, or even the principality of Monaco. However you choose to spend your day in port while visiting on a Mediterrean cruise, you’re sure to be wowed by the culture and beauty of the French Riviera.
Day 10 - Provence (Marseille), France Marseille is the kind of French town that has the same amount of charm as Paris, despite being less popular among the traveling crowd. With new arts districts, rejuvenated neighborhoods, and inventive museums popping up left and right, you could say Marseille is having its very own moment. Head to the Museum of European and Mediterranean Civilizations to understand everything you’ve ever wanted to learn about this region while on Mediterranean cruises, plus experience its breathtaking and adventurous design. Explore the neighborhoods of Cours Julien and Le Panier to experience their own unique vibes. Of course, it wouldn’t be a trip to the region of Provence without experiencing high-quality French food, baked goods like fresh croissants and pastries, strong red wine, and a culture highly tuned into enjoying the moment. Whether you stay local to the Vieux port in Marseille or take a day trip further into Provence, this corner of the Mediterranean deserves careful study from anyone who decides to visit on a Marseille cruise.
Day 11 - Barcelona Formerly a sleepy Spanish city, Barcelona has recently been reborn as an eclectic fusion of the modern and medieval. Seek inspiration from the creations of its modernist architect, Antonio Gaudí, or the Picasso Museum. Or, take in the breathtaking cathedrals in the Gothic Quarter.
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 21 October 2023 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..